IGNORED

When Is Enough, Enough?

Blue75

Kenwright has done a lot for the club, mortgaged his house just to buy the club. He's put money into the club for Davey to sign players (Yak, Bily, Heitinga, Felli).

Bill Kenwright did re-mortgage his home in London but it was for a film he made in 1999 called Don't Go Breaking My Heart. I read a quote where he says he forgot to get financing for the project so re-mortgaged his home in the short-term (i.e. until he could get it finances). I'll see if I can find it.

This interview article says he re-mortgage his home for a down payment on Everton shares.

The players you mention were bought using club credit, not Bill Kenwright's personal wealth.

Hang on a second, you started in with a flippant comment, I just came back.

I left one forum because people jumped on you for having an opinion, but not really contributing to the discussion.

In this instance how about saying why BK is doing well for Everton, I'm all happy to have a discussion about it. But facts are facts, and you can't argue with the fact that in 9 years Bill Kenwright has done very little to improve this club.

Are you for real?

You havent even noticed the slightest improvement during that time? :blink:

Hang on a second, you started in with a flippant comment, I just came back.

I left one forum because people jumped on you for having an opinion, but not really contributing to the discussion.

In this instance how about saying why BK is doing well for Everton, I'm all happy to have a discussion about it. But facts are facts, and you can't argue with the fact that in 9 years Bill Kenwright has done very little to improve this club.

was trying to be flippant mate, just expressing myself in the same way as you had, unless you were being flippant when you used that phrase and I missed it. I was just teasin. Anyway, put it down to getting off on the wrong foot.

I agree that things look bad on Bills CV but im eternally grateful to BK and the rest of the board for saving us from Johnson. This gratitude doesnt stretch indefinately but at the moment I see us having a bad patch for the 1st time in a decade, the reason its been that long is largely down to BK and the board. Im not going into this again, we have countless threads on Kenwright and I cant be arsed rewriting and defending my opinion again:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/21856-kenwright-true-blue-or-epic-swindler/

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/21895-will-we-ever-have-investment/

etc.

Just change the search criteria in the General Everton Discussion to 90 days and you get a whole lot more. Have fun!