IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

I always thought Rule Britannia would have been a better choice or Mr Bensons Land of Hope & Glory.

That just reminds me of Macho Man Randy Savage..

I like Jerusalem.. but that's about England and it was apparently written tongue in cheek.

waiting for things you know are going to happen only for them to drag on and on and on and not being able to shout from the rooftops the good news that Ive been dying to shout out for ages!

I'm in a similar boat with payments!! Bloody taking forever. They do everything in their power to delay paying you...ggrrrr.

On the bright side....at least we don't do that hand on the heart bollocks like the Americans (and others) do.

What's that about?

Surely at some point in time there would be instances of British sporting stars doing this, I remember the Rugby side once or twice doing just this, maybe overseas countries just have more patriotism than the English is the best answer, I've caught glimpses before of some of the English kids during the summer tournaments, arms by their side, just standing there as GSTQ, is played, and just looking totally indifferent or unable to even get a word out. Maybe it's just a philosophy of 'I don't give a fuck about the Queen of England, let's just get the game started'. Quite.

Americans, in the general rule, are supposed only to place hand over heart, when reciting the pledge of allegiance, during the playing of The Star Spangled Banner, when the United States flag is lowered or raised, or carried through, such as in a parade. Most people don't go by way of this but it's supposed to be the general rule.

Surely at some point in time there would be instances of British sporting stars doing this, I remember the Rugby side once or twice doing just this, maybe overseas countries just have more patriotism than the English is the best answer, I've caught glimpses before of some of the English kids during the summer tournaments, arms by their side, just standing there as GSTQ, is played, and just looking totally indifferent or unable to even get a word out. Maybe it's just a philosophy of 'I don't give a fuck about the Queen of England, let's just get the game started'. Quite.

Putting your hand on your heart makes you more patriotichuh.png ?

And you don't have to be a royalist to be patriotic....two totally different things.

'I don't give a fuck about the Queen of England, let's just get the game started' would be exactly my point of view.

It's merely a continental approach. I couldn't help put notice during the recent euro tourney that Italians and French players made a note of this, I never do it myself for the national anthem, Yes I take pride and acknowledge my country of birth but never felt the need to use hands as a sign of passion.

Vehemently agree that they should just scrap the awful monarch favoring British anthem and go for 'Land of Hope and Glory' instead. Maybe the Queen would see it as a sign of treason, or this excellent Goverment would show disapproval, those bunch of miserable fucks seem to have a hand in everything and dictate our way of life, but they really should drop the Queen nonsense and go for something a bit more lively or energetic. Still one of the most awful, nauseating and banal anthems on the planet, how anybody could be motivated by that is a mystery.

I don't think I could even sing it as I don't quite know the words (along with 75 per cent of the UK population), I did think for years it was -

'God save our gracious Queen, God send our gracious queen, God save the queen.- Send her to Victoria, Kings Cross, and Paddington, God bless our gracious queen, God Save the Queen'. It took me years to realize their weren't any train stations involved.

Here's Her Royalness at some little social gathering, not having a toast with the President. Miserable old bat isn't she?

Was going to say the same about today ^

All over the football groups on Facebook there are Kopites commenting all over the Hibbert videos about how great their club is and how we'll never be as good as them. Most of them are un-educated twats that don't have a solid argument which makes me even more angry, words cannot describe how much I have Liverpool FC and their fans.

What's been said?

just the usual digs, belittling comments etc. Just winds me up. Shut 2 of them up it seems, who were going on about our slogan "We're Evertonians, we go to the game...", saying that for the 1st home game we only got 17k. Sent them a link to the match report of them vs Gomel quoting "We come not to play - yeah, sounds about right"

Felt good inside :)

It's all that 'Five times' shit that irritates. 'Liverpool have won the European Cup Five Times', we don't need to know (as with every other club on the face of the earth outside of Anfield) about this on an almost constant basis. Fucking boring it is, and you didn't win the last time, Milan lost it, threw it away, fucked themselves that night in becoming so complacent or 'Job done', as simple as that. I remember Dudek was so far off his line for the Shevchenko final kick that the guy must have had one foot in Bulgaria that night. Fuck your 'five times' banality,... not interested.

Furthermore, this is best discussed in Kopite thread, not the anger section

Usual commercials on the TV/ Satelite every three minutes, impossible to watch anything anymore. dry.png

I don't remember much about it Mr Paulo apart from the fact the Shite won the game, so to speak. I spend most of my time forgetting and that was just another episode.

Absolute 80's and Absolute Classic Rock, both the same miserable fucks on each stations for sure, and I'd like to take a sledgehammer to that nauseating prick Christian O Connell, if I hear his damn name one more time...

And when a program ends, the very second it is over, and before the end credits appear even, you always get now some 'Individual' talking over it, cutting the screen in half, saying what's on next, or advertising the show or their miserable piece of shit channel. If I watch anything now, I just turn off the second it is over, to save the same boring inevitable.

• 2 weeks later...

Olympics are over by the way

I was reading a thread about flies on a rival forum a few days ago and what exactly are the purpose of these fucking things. How stupid do you have to be to ram into a window enough times to realize you can't fly through it? And half your life is spent living on a piece of excrement. That was just two examples.

Horrible fucking things, and as dumb as hell, just come out when the temperature rises about two degrees, swirl around, get in your face, fly into windows, irritating damn insects. I'd have a flamethrower available at all times, but simply not possible.

All part of the work program or training processes.

Commercials on TV, both terrestrial and cable, absolute fucking joke it is now. How the hell can you watch anything or concentrate on a program or show when there are damn interruptions every damn three minutes, it is completely out of hand now. Radio stations also, makes me mad.

Well if that's the case they must have more finances and riches than Bill Gates, The Royal Family and the Sultan of Brunei put together by now.

Lo and behold, watching something now, and goddamn commercials come on, now there's a surprise. It never used to be like this, there's more channels than even now, that means more commercials and more damn irritation. I'd be happy never to look at a TV screen again but it's simply not as said done as that. It's simply almost impossible to watch or listen (or read even) anything anymore with these damn things coming at you left right and center. dry.png

Well if that's the case they must have more finances and riches than Bill Gates, The Royal Family and the Sultan of Brunei put together by now.

Lo and behold, watching something now, and goddamn commercials come on, now there's a surprise. It never used to be like this, there's more channels than even now, that means more commercials and more damn irritation. I'd be happy never to look at a TV screen again but it's simply not as said done as that. It's simply almost impossible to watch or listen (or read even) anything anymore with these damn things coming at you left right and center. dry.png

Never watch anything on commercial TV as it happens DK.....either record it or pause at the start so you can ff through the ads....that's what I do.