IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24730976

Bloody ridiculous.

I'm no fan of Blatter's but to have to apologise for a totally harmless joke about Ronaldo is absurd.

How does, "One has more expenses for the hairdresser than the other..." (when asked to compare him with Messi) become...

"This shows clearly the respect and consideration that Fifa has for me, for my club and my country."

Blatter disrespecting Portugal because he made a joke about your (eminently laughable) hairstyle? Grow up ffs :rolleyes:.

Just saw the video, and while Blatter is stumbling around like a moron, Ronaldo is a tit, so the OTT reaction is no surprise. I actually think he should be grateful to Blatter - Blatter actually did the diplomatic thing and said 'you can't say one is better than the other'. Most people would just tell the truth and say that he isn't fit to lace Messi's boots. I suspect that's what Blatter really thinks anyway. His hair looks like shit so so what if Blatter slags it off? Loads of people are slagged off personally by people in their business.

They're defending Ronaldo on Redcafe, trying to compare it to a boss slagging his employees...didn't know Blatter was Ronaldo's employer. FFS grow up, if he wasn't such a drama queen people wouldn't mock him. There was hardly any malice in what Blabber said. Ronnie's problem is that he takes himself way too seriously and thinks he's better than he is. To be honest he's been lucky to finish second in some of these Ballon D'or awards, yet Ronaldo fanboys will use this as deflection to claim Messi only finished above him because he's more popular. Nothing to do with the fact that Ronaldo has been posted missing in three consecutive CL semi ties then, as well as being the worst player on the park against Spain in the Euros? Messi didn't always deserve to win the Ballon D'or, but Ronaldo often finishes above better performers of the year simply because they're both considered the best players in the world. Personally I think the likes of Iniesta, Ribery and Ibra are closer to Ronaldo than he is to Messi (in fact I think Iniesta and Ibra are better pure footballers). He's a fantastic player but he also believes way too much of his own hype, and I'm sick of seeing his smacked-arse drama queen face constantly greeting in the media. This is what I meant about Suarez earlier - this Ronaldo cunt has a far bigger attitude problem but he's far less hated.

The sooner he realises he's not even the best player called Ronaldo ever, never mind the best player ever, the better he will sleep at night.

Sorry for the rant - had to get that off my chest. He's a whinging sack and his legion of sycophants defend everything he does or says.

2-0 Barca.

Edited by Nikica

The Dutch tend to be a pretty honest people, respect to him for admitting it.

I don't think he's being honest personally. He passed the ball into the net and walked away....no celebration at all, he knew it wasn't going to count.

Imo he feels a bit stupid over what he did so he's bluffing it out.

I don't think he's being honest personally. He passed the ball into the net and walked away....no celebration at all, he knew it wasn't going to count.

Imo he feels a bit stupid over what he did so he's bluffing it out.

Fair enough, you might be right and he's trying to save face. If that's the case then he's a coward.

Very sad that; feel for him (and anyone else who has it). Nasty disease.

Aye, it's fucking horrible - no cure and no real chance of making a recovery either, unlike some of these other cuntish diseases. He will probably die within a few years. Liked him when he was with us too.

Best wishes to him. Ex Old Firm players have had awful luck with health recently - Laudrup had cancer and we all know about Petrov.

Yeah, Roma are doing great. Once they start conceding though, will they still be able to win games?

Strootman and Pjanic are brilliant for them. The latter is so underrated.

Don't know if many are aware of the current Miami Dolphins story.....sure our American members are. Anyway, good article (which also explains the story) imo...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9939308/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-bullying-scandal

Just seems consistent with the super jock mega ego problem you like to think these players lose once they become adults. That game is riddled with highly paid athletes who think they can do what they want - far worse than any other sport.