IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I'm not a Chelsea hater, but it is a bugbear of mine that nobody in the press asks how they were able to sign players under the age of 18 from Africa. Bertrand Traore, who made his debut for Burkina Faso at 15 has been with them since 2010 and played for them in pre-season. They also have an 16 year old Ivorian and signed his 28 year old brother to keep him company, yet no questions are ever asked.

Papisse (sp) Cisse mentioned briefly in news this morning he's set to 'star' for Newcastle for the first time in a friendly against St Mirren after his dispute over Wonga being on the skunks shirts.

Weren't Virgin Money their sponsors last season? What do Virgin Money do, amongst other things? Loans, credit cards........

just gave the player a mention. Sorry to learn of todays news.

Accomplished center forward that did outstanding at Fulham, fell away a little at MUFC before we brought him in and really stood out at times. A pity he wasn't able to duplicate his domestic form for France. I wish him well in whatever he decides to undertake from here on.

Just watching Community Shield highlights and I see we have another season of Andy Townsend, aka Young Ron Atkinson, as a pundit/expert to look forward to.

Jumpers for goalposts, isn't it - he's more of an arl arse than me and that's saying something!

It's not just those mentioned, but many more you could think of. One main reason why I don't want the start of the new soccer season. An overall collection of some of the most boring, mundane and belligerent individuals you could find. If I ever view a highlights program next season it will be for Everton only.

'The most star-studded line up ever assembled'

Beckham, Lineker and Paul Gascoigne. Fuck me it gets worse - Alan Hansen of all things.

Mourinho as manager is adequate, but there's plenty of better candidates for that position. But it's only a bit of fun. (or nonsense)

would have at least had Lev Yashin as goalkeeper and Puskas or Di Stefano included. And where's Platini ?