IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Really should have made a response but couldn't find a suitable reply

Keown was a good club servant here though, no-thrills player, just got on with his duties and was involved for a considerable time before Arsenal came in for him. Keown has got better with age, and he must be pleased with it. Seems a bit of a forgotten player from our history books with some supporters but as before, was involved for long enough, but went about his business quietly.

a good player does not a good pundit maketh....

Rubes, tell him it was the best f*ckin race you have ever seen.

:shaking fist:

Great day of sport tomorrow!

Lions v Oz, Assen Moto gp, British Grand Prix qualifying, start of Tour de France and under 20 England v Egypt (and there's some t*#!@s on somewhere but I won't say the word in case it upsets anyone, won't be watching anyway) :).

My wife's going to hate me by bedtime....privileges will be off the menu :(.

Drunk and Disorderly, but something I never (try) to participate in, given license or otherwise.

Sorry for Gascoigne that his career or general walk in life ever took this path. One of the most naturally gifted players the UK has ever produced in the last 30 years and he pissed it all away or let drink take a hold and was in a constant battle with inner demons. Greaves and Best were another two names that degenerated in later life and were outstanding players before alcohol abuse took a control. Would say, hope Mr Gascoigne can move on from this and get his house in order, but as stated in the above, it's a losing cause with some individuals.

Drunk and Disorderly, but something I never (try) to participate in, given license or otherwise.

You need to move your closing bracket two letters to the right DK otherwise that's grammatical suicide....and I know what a stickler you are in these matters :Grammar Police:.

You'd do the same for me :).

I feel like dropping the whole pedantic argument sometimes.

Say again, I do hope Gascoigne can move on from this latest incident, but how many times have we learned news such as this ? Some individuals just can't be assisted.

At the time of the World Cup in Italy, or maybe even a year later, he had the world at his feet and was one of the most fortunate individuals on the planet, but look at the way events unfolded. That stupid challenge on the Nottingham Forest defender in the Cup Final was maybe the beginning of the end. Real pity in retrospect to see such a gifted player go the way events did, but that was his own doing or fault, most of the time.

Paul Gascoigne arrested for D&D apparently....some will never learn.

just a poor representation of a 'disease' in my opinion. Treatment is not the right word for me - PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN N SORT YOURSELF OUT Edited by Matt

just a poor representation of a 'disease' in my opinion. Treatment is not the right word for me - PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN N SORT YOURSELF OUT

It's a terrible addiction mate, that is harder to kick than heroine and much more dangerous. My father had a drinking problem, so know a little of what Gazza is going through.

It's a terrible addiction mate, that is harder to kick than heroine and much more dangerous. My father had a drinking problem, so know a little of what Gazza is going through.

I spent a month on a psych unit in 1989 being detoxed and most of 1994 in rehab before going poacher turned gamekeeper and working/training as an addiction counsellor :P.

No surprise then that I'm in the Avin camp more than the Matt one :D.

Most people can get be "cured" with the right help but some, like Best (and seemingly Gazza) are determined to drink themselves to death, I've seen it myself more than once and my grandfather did it (before I was born).

Great Lions performance!!

I wasn't aware Millwall were involved in action but who were they playing incidentally. Good to see the club get a mention though

On that Gascoigne incident, here's the bigger picture for those in the dark.

Apparently Mr Gascoigne was discovered at a rail station near Watford on The Fourth of July after a few drinks and being a little 'boisterous' Can't argue with that or dispute too much.

Say it again, I hope the player can get things into some kind of order, but feeling skeptical about whether some people can really be assisted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-23208749

Murray could have been 3 matches up if he never folded in the 1st. Broke him once, only needs to hold his serve now. Slow start, but some good tennis. F1 catching my attention more at the moment.

Don't mention the "T" word, you'll upset people :P.

Actually sod 'em.

Tennis.

There I've said it :D.

Don't mention the "T" word, you'll upset people :P.

Actually sod 'em.

Tennis.

There I've said it :D.

They can all relegated to Scottish if they don't watch Wimbledon :P.

Always been a Djok fan (used to get laughed at for saying he's better than Nadal), but want Murray to win today.