IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Some big broadcasting news in this part of the world earlier this week...

It was announced that CBS Sports and the EFL have come to an agreement on a multi-year, multi-platform agreement that will see the widest distribution of EFL matches ever in the U.S., beginning next month. As part of the agreement, they will air at least 155 Championship matches, 38 League One and League Two matches (including the promotion playoff matches), at least 30 Carabao Cup matches, and three EFL Trophy matches. 

Matches will air on CBS Sports Network, Paramount+, and the CBS Sports Golazo Network. 

The first match under the new agreement will be August 9th for Blackburn Rovers-Derby County on CBS Sports Network and Preston North End-Sheffield United on Paramount+. 

• 2 weeks later...

Season starts this weekend so it's time for some predictions.

Who finishes top 4? Bottom 3?

How do the 3 newly promoted sides do?

I know that a lot of people are betting on Manchester City to repeat as champs but there's apparently quite a few people betting on them to be relegated, depending on how their FFP case goes.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clyw3lze152o

Sven has died. Always came across as a decent bloke. All the best to his family and friends

Very sad, he's the first England manager that I really remember. That 2002 was my first World Cup that I again could properly get into so he'll always have a special place with me. 

His outlook on life, and death was very inspiring. Don't think I could bring myself to watch his documentary though, I think it'll be a little too heavy for me. 

RIP, and thank you!

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Wasn't long ago that people called it 3 score and 10..... if you got 70 then you done well.  Who knows nowadays. 

I well remember my grandfather telling me this when he turned three score and ten in 1968. It was a couplet, with the other phrase ending with 'men', but I forget it now. He would also say it was "five-and-twenty" past the hour.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Under the radar move, as it feels like no one is talking about it, but Forest just got Ward Prowse on loan?? Fuck me that's good business

Wait, what?

Admittedly I haven't followed his time there closely, but I assumed he was doing really well with West Ham. As you say, brilliant little bit of business that.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Wait, what?

Admittedly I haven't followed his time there closely, but I assumed he was doing really well with West Ham. As you say, brilliant little bit of business that.

They now have a manager that wants their midfielders to contribute to the full game, and not just set-pieces.