IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Loving the BBC desperately trying to talk up the rugby league world cup, because it's pretty much the only thing that they still have exclusive rights to, but Jonathan Davies just topped the lot.

Australia 40-0 up against Scotland at half time and he says, "I think that's the best defensive half that I've ever seen in rugby league."😂

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Knew I liked him. 

By the way, if you haven't watched welcome to wrexham, it's really well done. I've seen a few different football series where they follow them through their season, but this was the best of them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Reports coming out that Messi is heading to Inter Miami next summer. 

What a coup for MLS.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fabrizio Romano has said Messi’s reps have said no deal has been agreed with anyone.

Imagine Messi being managed by Phil fucking Neville though :lol:.

I have no doubt it will happen at some point in the next year or two, and it will be Inter Miami. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I have no doubt it will happen at some point in the next year or two, and it will be Inter Miami. 

I agree he probably will, let's be honest with Messi it's all about the money, so it will be between a Middle Eastern league or the MLS that secure his signature. Who ever gets him I wouldn't go as far as to call it a coup, after all he's at the wrong age in his career and is beginning to find the top European leagues to difficult at his time of life. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree he probably will, let's be honest with Messi it's all about the money, so it will be between a Middle Eastern league or the MLS that secure his signature. Who ever gets him I wouldn't go as far as to call it a coup, after all he's at the wrong age in his career and is beginning to find the top European leagues to difficult at his time of life. 

I actually don't think it's all about the money with Messi. He could've left Barcelona and made more money at a couple of places if you believe the rumors. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Eh?? You following PSG at all this year? 11 goals and 14 assists in all competitions. I don't think he's slowed down at all.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

This will be part of the reason why they were one of the main players in that Super League. No doubt about it in my opinion.

There's talk they'll be relegated down the leagues again. If so, I hope it takes them an age to come back. They're a horrible club that thinks nothing of cheating.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This will be part of the reason why they were one of the main players in that Super League. No doubt about it in my opinion.

There's talk they'll be relegated down the leagues again. If so, I hope it takes them an age to come back. They're a horrible club that thinks nothing of cheating.

I'm reeeeeally hoping this isn't linked to just Juve and that all the mega "rich" get fucked by the failure of the super league. Real in particular.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

To those of my generation (and older) unarguably the greatest ever; Messi the only other candidate up for debate now he's got a WC. Very sad...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42751517

Agreed mate you are right it's definitely an age thing, my boy who is 40 has never really understood why there is so much hype surrounding Pele. Oh well you can't please all the people all the time. 

How unforgivable of me to forget to mention how sad this day is for football Brazil and his family, as a youngster I idolised him.