IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

What a farce, potentially boxing's biggest fight in decades and the WBC wants to scupper it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57151854

Just an insane system in the sport, I think I read earlier that there have only been six "undisputed" champions over all weights in the last forty years. 

American judge makes a decision that will more than likely lead to an American boxer receiving a massive payment to go away and let this fight happen… interesting 🤔

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

What a farce, potentially boxing's biggest fight in decades and the WBC wants to scupper it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57151854

Just an insane system in the sport, I think I read earlier that there have only been six "undisputed" champions over all weights in the last forty years. 

That is madness.

It is also probably part of the reason we get so many crap PPV events. If the big guns aren't fighting each other enough they have to wheel out the Chisoras and Bellews of the sport to make their money.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1

Just looking at the players out of contract this summer. 

Goalkeeper. Any of them. They won't be expected to play and saves wasting any of the transfer budget.

Left back. Not a massive fan of Schlupp but he could be worth a punt if he's happy to be a squad player. There's also Allioski of Leeds.

Centre half. Sakho, plenty of talent, only issue is getting him on the pitch. Wouldn't mind Cahill just for his experience to help in training. 

Right back. Clyne. 

Right wing. Gudmundsson. Solid player in the ilk of Kevin Kilbane. Although I'd rather we throw a chunk of the budget at Norwich for Buendia. 

Centre mid. McCarthy, nostalgia. 

Left mid. Brady, quality player when fit but too slow given we need to inject some pace in the midfield. 

Striker. Aguero... We can dream. Think Carroll is worth a punt, big target man that DCL could work off in a 442. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1

Just looking at the players out of contract this summer. 

Goalkeeper. Any of them. They won't be expected to play and saves wasting any of the transfer budget.

Left back. Not a massive fan of Schlupp but he could be worth a punt if he's happy to be a squad player. There's also Allioski of Leeds.

Centre half. Sakho, plenty of talent, only issue is getting him on the pitch. Wouldn't mind Cahill just for his experience to help in training. 

Right back. Clyne. 

Right wing. Gudmundsson. Solid player in the ilk of Kevin Kilbane. Although I'd rather we throw a chunk of the budget at Norwich for Buendia. 

Centre mid. McCarthy, nostalgia. 

Left mid. Brady, quality player when fit but too slow given we need to inject some pace in the midfield. 

Striker. Aguero... We can dream. Think Carroll is worth a punt, big target man that DCL could work off in a 442. 

And everyone one lived happily ever after 😂

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Villa agree a fee of £30m for Buendia. Another club doing things right in terms of recruitment.

The manager fiasco is likely throwing everything into turmoil. Because we're now having to pivot to focus so much on that, player recruitment will be pushed back, which means we will either miss out on players or that they will arrive later and will take longer to get acclimated

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The manager fiasco is likely throwing everything into turmoil. Because we're now having to pivot to focus so much on that, player recruitment will be pushed back, which means we will either miss out on players or that they will arrive later and will take longer to get acclimated

Ancelotti has really fucked us over.

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Aclimatised! We're not in America you know....except...you are...so we are a bit:unsure:. Anyway, try to be more English in future:shakingfist:

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The damage he has done is going to be felt for a while, and in lots of ways. It's why I'm so angry about it all.

It could potentially be used as fuel for success with the right manager. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

It could potentially be used as fuel for success with the right manager. 

What I mean is that we'll have been already making transfer plans with Carlo and know the direction we were heading. Now any transfer plans are having to go on the backburner while we search for a new manager, so we're going to be behind on that score when we can't really afford to be. This search could go on for a while and the whole direction we thought we'd be heading may need to pivot in a big way as well.

We already had a lot of catching up to do and now the rinse and repeat soundbite of "this is a season of building, I'm not expecting much" will be here once again.

I hope it is fuel for success with the right manager but Carlo has fucked us in more ways than just jumping ship. I'm not really bothered about losing him, it's all the other shit that's going to come because of it.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What I mean is that we'll have been already making transfer plans with Carlo and know the direction we were heading. Now any transfer plans are having to go on the backburner while we search for a new manager, so we're going to be behind on that score when we can't really afford to be. This search could go on for a while and the whole direction we thought we'd be heading may need to pivot in a big way as well.

We already had a lot of catching up to do and now the rinse and repeat soundbite of "this is a season of building, I'm not expecting much" will be here once again.

I hope it is fuel for success with the right manager but Carlo has fucked us in more ways than just jumping ship. I'm not really bothered about losing him, it's all the other shit that's going to come because of it.

Wasn't disagreeing at all mate. Was just that if the right manager comes in, he could use this to motivate 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We already had a lot of catching up to do and now the rinse and repeat soundbite of "this is a season of building, I'm not expecting much" will be here once again

This deserves 100 likes.  It’s infuriating the constant rebuilding and tearing down of the squad.  Different formations and tactics.