IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Back onto the subject of tired players Richards on MOTD said you should always start a game with your best players even if they are tired, if you need to you can take them off after 60 minutes Wrighty and Linakar agreed. 
The reason this was mentioned was the team’s that rested more players faired worse than those that didn’t. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12189748/fa-continues-to-monitor-player-celebrations-after-possible-breaches-of-covid-protocols?fbclid=IwAR181vc4tnjqfuF-6W_6aRp4KMBi3maCKiTL0SW_Xs568q4u8bbOJxZBJo0

Ridiculous to ask players to socially distance for goal celebrations to reduce the risk of covid spreading. The players are all huddled next to each other every corner, they're all breathing heavy when theu guidelines say you should be 10 metres apart if you're running.

All the players are at risk of catching/spreading covid. The league should be acknowledging the risk they are having the players take for our entertainment, rather than telling players to not celebrate trying to make out they give a shit about the players well-being.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently Lampard will be sacked today.

Yeah, the Chelsea players have been asked to report for training in the PM as opposed to this morning. TalkSport have confirmed that the board are at the training ground, so seems likely. Tuchel is expected to take over (with no payments as he's a free agent). 

I'm a little gutted by this, love Frank Lampard and wanted him to do well.

Edit: Gone. 

Chelsea are a mess.  Who would want to manager there knowing regardless of the players you have to win the league?  Mercenary coaches looking for a payday.  I don’t think tuchel will do any better. He’s got the language barrier and he’s just not that great of a manager IMO.  He did about the same as everyone else who managed PSG and has probably their best team in terms of players they’ve had.  

good for Everton though, let’s hope they go into free fall.

to lampard, I thought he did well with a side of youngsters and aging vets.  Sure he made mistakes he was a young coach.  I don’t think he deserved the sack, he simply doesn’t have the recruitment he needs.  They buy players that don’t fit their system and then are surprised it doesn’t work.  Fire the chick signing all those square pegs.

Could actually see Tuchel doing well there. Was at Dortmund for the majority of Pulisic's time there, so could get the best out of him. Plus he might do the same for Werner and Havertz. I know it's a pretty broad assumption that just because he's German means he'll get those two going, but with how terrible they've both been this year, they can really only go up

He is another manager that has become victim to the "too many new signings in a short space of time" curse.

I think they played some really good football during his time there but they couldn't keep those runs going. They have an excellent squad but it doesn't feel particularly well balanced in that they almost have too many players for the same position.

You could see an experienced manager go in there and really turn them around. Whether Tuchel is that type of manager, I am not sure, but he seems to have done alright as far as I am concerned.

I must admit I’m a bit pissed they got rid of Lamps now, I was hoping he would see the season out to give us a better chance of finishing in the top 4 or 6, now with Tuchel there they might become a bigger threat to were we want to be this season. 
I’m more than happy for the bigger clubs to be underperforming and keeping managers with not much experience like Arsenal and to a slight degree Utd, anything that gives us an advantage is alright with me. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I must admit I’m a bit pissed they got rid of Lamps now, I was hoping he would see the season out to give us a better chance of finishing in the top 4 or 6, now with Tuchel there they might become a bigger threat to were we want to be this season. 
I’m more than happy for the bigger clubs to be underperforming and keeping managers with not much experience like Arsenal and to a slight degree Utd, anything that gives us an advantage is alright with me. 

Apart from the United comment, who are top of the table, I’d agree with that. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Have you watched much of them? The players are mostly average and the manager isn't even average. 

Testament to how bias the referees are that they're top. 

Spot on I couldn’t believe we lost to them, I don’t rate ole or that side.  I hope we can beat them the second time because they are not that good.  Just the usual United bias in everything in England.  

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Spot on I couldn’t believe we lost to them, I don’t rate ole or that side.  I hope we can beat them the second time because they are not that good.  Just the usual United bias in everything in England.  

If those small margins feel are way. Looking at you, Digne. We'd be three points from top with a game in hand.

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Apart from the United comment, who are top of the table, I’d agree with that. 

Do you think they will stay there? I believe they will go on a very bad run soon and Solskjaar won’t have the ability to deal with it. 
For me Ancelotti, Mourinho, Klopp and Pep are the 4 top managers in the league who have the ability to navigate team’s through these strange times, now Tuchel landed I’m hoping he isn’t in the league of the above 4 and he flops miserably. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Do you think they will stay there? I believe they will go on a very bad run soon and Solskjaar won’t have the ability to deal with it. 
For me Ancelotti, Mourinho, Klopp and Pep are the 4 top managers in the league who have the ability to navigate team’s through these strange times, now Tuchel landed I’m hoping he isn’t in the league of the above 4 and he flops miserably. 

No idea, I’m just looking at the evidence immediately available to me. 

On 25/01/2021 at 23:21, markjazzbassist said:

They didn't just win, we barely laid a glove on them despite going ahead.

23 hours ago, c1982 said:

I personally think Man U look very exciting/dangerous when attacking especially when on the counter. Their defence is the best but going forward - there’s not many better.

Me too.

They are by no means the finished article and they are still at least a centre back short but they look like a team these days rather than just individuals. 

Whilst they are set up to play on the counter, they are now creating chances against crap sides too. 

On 26/01/2021 at 18:22, Palfy said:

It’s started sooner than I thought. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Anytime a prospective owner has Wall Street near their name just run away as fast as you can.  Clearly it’s just a financial scheme he is running and it has nothing to do with football.  He will sell in a few years and write a book on how easy it is to make money flipping football clubs.

@Matt the same way United was approved and then saddled with debt, the FA loved money money money.