IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Best way to do it - get your main targets in early and then you can relax for the rest of the window, with no panic, and if any interesting moves become possible you can have a go without being desperate.

Agree 100%.

The problem for us is that we may not be our target's first choice to join so it's not always as straightforward. City have the money, the Champions League status, the 'world class' players already there and Pep.

Agree 100%.

The problem for us is that we may not be our target's first choice to join so it's not always as straightforward. City have the money, the Champions League status, the 'world class' players already there and Pep.

No doubt it won't be like that for us, but I hope, behind the scenes, that this is the way we're at least trying to do things.

Typical modern day footballer, thanks he's better than what he is things don't go his way and he has a cry to the media with a come get me plea, massive bullet dodged

This.

You have to laugh at him. Had a chance to join us, saw the bright lights of London, claimed we made stuff up and then laughed at us....now he's sat with his tail between his legs. Clearly not good enough.

i've been seeing him linked to Monaco which would also make sense since they just lost silva.

i'm so happy they re-signed him. They've slowly dropped off every year recently and now out of CL, i feel they are very vulnerable. Sanchez/Ozil might want out, Giroud does want out, it could be a great time to go ahead of them in the standings.

My favourite manager is available. I'd bin Ron for him everyday of the week :67:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/810946/Thomas-Tuchel-Borussia-Dortmund-sacked

big tuchel fan? i never knew that. i like his attacking style but he makes chelsea version of ranieri look like old faithful with his constant lineup tinkering. rumours are he's headed to Leverkusen. i don't think his style would work well at all in the prem. It's great attacking but his defense leaves much to be desired. Almost like Martinez in a way (a very distant similarity).

big tuchel fan? i never knew that. i like his attacking style but he makes chelsea version of ranieri look like old faithful with his constant lineup tinkering. rumours are he's headed to Leverkusen. i don't think his style would work well at all in the prem. It's great attacking but his defense leaves much to be desired. Almost like Martinez in a way (a very distant similarity).

Wanted him to replace Moyes a few years before he left. Thought he was perfect for us at the time.

Not that anyone is particularly interested in women's tennis, but weird that a semi-final will be contested tomorrow in the French Open between Timea Bacsinszky and Jelena Ostapenko (I've never heard of them either) and both of them will be celebrating, or otherwise, their birthday.

As I understand it, Premier League teams receive an annual bonus based on their final position in the league. Would it work better if the bonus related instead to the final points tally? That way, teams have a real incentive to win their final games, even if they don't affect their final position. If it's a million pounds per point, for example, that's 3 million on the line for every game.

I've never been convinced by him, Matt, and never thought he was anything special. He's run of the mill.

to be fair, neither have I. However, I wouldn't say he was run of the mill. He's been part of a team that's excellent recently, and there are only 5-10 keepers in the world I'd take ahead of him, 3-5 of whom are world class

to be fair, neither have I. However, I wouldn't say he was run of the mill. He's been part of a team that's excellent recently, and there are only 5-10 keepers in the world I'd take ahead of him, 3-5 of whom are world class

The only thing I think he does very well is coming off his line quickly to close down the striker or simply to clear the ball. Everything else leaves a lot to be desired imo.

The only thing I think he does very well is coming off his line quickly to close down the striker or simply to clear the ball. Everything else leaves a lot to be desired imo.

I think he is probably one of the top 3 keepers when coming off his line. The rest of his game is really solid without being special but if your a team like Spurs who need a sweeper keeper he is probably as good as you can get.