IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Don't know if many are aware of the current Miami Dolphins story.....sure our American members are. Anyway, good article (which also explains the story) imo...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9939308/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-bullying-scandal

I was aware of it, and that Incognito guy has always been a huge tool. I hope he's kicked out of the league. The sport has taken multiple PR hits the last couple of years, and this won't help.

Don't know if many are aware of the current Miami Dolphins story.....sure our American members are. Anyway, good article (which also explains the story) imo...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9939308/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-bullying-scandal

I don't watch the NFL so I had no idea about any of that, but still, what a great article.

Just seems consistent with the super jock mega ego problem you like to think these players lose once they become adults. That game is riddled with highly paid athletes who think they can do what they want - far worse than any other sport.

not a patch on football in my opinion.

Decent story but a really stupid ending imo.

Chucking it in the sea (if he really did it) was plainly a publicity stunt to sell more books,

"It was a cathartic experience," my arse. If having your first baby isn't "cathartic experience" enough for you nothing will be.

If his kid(s) grow up and read the book they're going to think he's a total wanker in the final chapter ("brilliant read this dad, really looking forward to...oh fuck!")

Decent story but a really stupid ending imo.

Chucking it in the sea (if he really did it) was plainly a publicity stunt to sell more books,

"It was a cathartic experience," my arse. If having your first baby isn't "cathartic experience" enough for you nothing will be.

If his kid(s) grow up and read the book they're going to think he's a total wanker in the final chapter ("brilliant read this dad, really looking forward to...oh fuck!")

I must have skipped past the sea bit - knob head!!! (not you mike)... I was still too excited by the prospect of buying fruit and veg off Phillipe Albert and Lars Bohinen doing Strictly!!!

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/tom-daley-im-in-a-relationship-with-a-man/?ocid=binganswers

Tom Daley has come out. Whilst many will say "no big surprise there" I think it is very brave of the lad and in all seriousness it's his own private life and doing what he has done may help lots of other people of his age group who aren't coping in dealing with sexuality.

He says he still fancies girls - the greedy sod!

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/tom-daley-im-in-a-relationship-with-a-man/?ocid=binganswers

Tom Daley has come out. Whilst many will say "no big surprise there" I think it is very brave of the lad and in all seriousness it's his own private life and doing what he has done may help lots of other people of his age group who aren't coping in dealing with sexuality.

He says he still fancies girls - the greedy sod!

Media circus around it is ridiculous though.....who the f'ck in their right mind is going to want to go through all that? People saying how brilliant it is but by their actions they're discouraging others from doing it in the future.

It needs to be non-news for it to become easy and for it to be non-news a lot of people need to do it so it's no longer newsworthy; but nobody's going to do it while it's so high profile. Classic Catch-22.

It needs to be non-news for it to become easy and for it to be non-news a lot of people need to do it so it's no longer newsworthy; but nobody's going to do it while it's so high profile. Classic Catch-22.

exactly but that will only happen when its accepted in society...

Am I just being cynical in thinking that the timing of his comments are more than just co-incidental?

Splash which is quite possibly the worst of all the reality shows going gets a new series and just before it starts he comes out and says he likes a bit of both.

Edited by Bailey

Am I just being cynical in thinking that the timing of his comments are more than just co-incidental?

Splash which is quite possibly the worst of all the reality shows going gets a new series and just before it starts he comes out and says he likes a bit of both.

I didn't realise he was involved with any reality TV.....you may have a point I guess.