IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

First British player to win a Singles title since Virginia Wade back in 1977 ?

You can imagine the saturation coverage of some sub-standard news publications tomorrow, but to be fair, don't have an issue with Murray as an individual and recognize him as a decent player so take this opportunity to offer congratulations on his success this year, but that's about as far as the interest goes I'm afraid. If he did indeed donate the winnings to the much worthy Cancer Research team, that was a fantastic gesture.

As Mr Paulo highlighted in the above, at least it's over for another year. That has to be worth something.

the only game I ever watch is the Mens final of Wimbledon, because for the most part I hate the game. Murray played a great game, but I think part of it was down to Djokovic looking like he was beaten as he came on court.

first time in 77 years a Brit has won the mens final, and to win it in such an impressive manner. Well played Andy, now cheer up!

benteke hands in transfer request...

get the worst feeling the shite might get him

I feel bad because this is all Everton's fault.

We sign the powerhouse, Kone, and our competitor's shit themselves and put pressure on Benteke to hand in a transfer request to make it easier for a move to happen.

Sorry Villa fans :(.

Al Fayed in talks to sell Fulham.

It'll never happen though because no one actually wants to buy football clubs, you need to have a new stadium in order to be sold and you can't have better clubs situated in close proximity.

but it comes with a statue of Michael Jackson mate!

You'd think 'Dirty Diana' wouldn't get played much over there.

Statues of Pop Stars outside of soccer stadia just isn't on. Even Watford doesn't have an Elton John honorary figure outside of Vicarage Road, and while that may be acceptable to some, having Jackson immortalized outside of Craven Cottage (for what ? he was 'pals' with the owner ?) and having no direct association with the West London club at all, it was a stupid endeavor. Feel sorry for the supporters almost to an extent.

Stands down as Barcelona manager due to continued treatment for throat cancer.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell and director of football Andoni Zubizarreta announced the news at a brief media conference attended by the first-team squad.

Rossell said: "Tito Vilanova will continue treatment of his illness, he will not be able to continue as Barcelona's head manager. This is a very difficult blow to the club, but we have overcome many difficult setbacks."

The bloke's got cancer but at least Barcelona are going to have a stab at overcoming this very difficult setback for them. I do hope they pull through. Self-absorbed wankers!