IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

It's crazy that Rodgers is now the 7th longest serving manager in the EPL, obviously excluding Moyes and Ferguson:

1. Arsène Wenger

2. Tony Pulis

3. Roberto Martínez

4. Alan Pardew

5. Sam Allardyce

6. Martin Jol

7. Brendan Rodgers

8. Paul Lambert

9. Chris Hughton

10. Steve Clarke

11. Michael Laudrup

12. André Villas-Boas

13. Rafael Benítez

14. Harry Redknapp

15. Mauricio Pochettino

16. Nigel Adkins

17. Paolo Di Canio

Seems to be an awful lot of individuals just recently taken in for questioning over suspected acts. Guess Remy is innocent until proven guilty but if he did indeed participate in this suggested incident then the player can have no argument. Every chance the woman in question could have made a false claim, but only time will settle this issue.

Worth adding, Pulis may be a half decent manager and sound individual, but the man dresses like a degenerate. Not one of your Savile row type managers who gets involved on the touchline,but it's his, or their, decision. A bit of pride in appearance never hurt anyone, that's all.

Good race from Cal there smile.png.

Deliberately didn't read this thread because I missed the race but watched it back at about 3:00.....figured your post could be about it Zoosmile.png.

Great ride after slipping back to 8th....probably could've won it if he hadn't been screwed at that early corner.

And Yamaha are thinking of dropping him? Madness.

Michael Owen been given a run-out by Pulis today with time running out, (Southampton 1 Stoke City 1), and it's Owens last appearance as a player, or final few minutes. It's actually a quite touching moment, been with the kid ever since he arrived on the scene 16 years ago. Sad to see him make a final few minutes of appearance as a player. Scholes also brought out by Ferguson at WBA in similar circumstances.

Little sad to see such recognized names leave the game today or quit playing.

And Yamaha are thinking of dropping him? Madness.

Espargaro has signed for Yamaha but I'm hoping its to replace Bradley Smith. Cal has come out and said that if Pol gets put onto the factory bike before him then he's going to walk from the team (and rightly so).

If Yamaha let Cal go then I'll be severely pissed off.

Espargaro has signed for Yamaha but I'm hoping its to replace Bradley Smith. Cal has come out and said that if Pol gets put onto the factory bike before him then he's going to walk from the team (and rightly so).

If Yamaha let Cal go then I'll be severely pissed off.

Smith has a contract for next season, Cal doesn't.

Did you see Scot Redding won the Moto2?

If Smith is poor throughout the season then Yamaha will just cut their losses with him. They won't put up with under-achieving for two seasons considering how strong the Honda's are at the moment.

I'd get rid of Rossi personally but I don't think that's ever going to happen considering he's still up there (top 5), is contracted till next season and still has a big financial pull.

And I did Mike - pleased for him, hopefully he can be the Brit to step into MotoGP and do something?

They get fined 100,00 large but the ban from competition in Europe is rather pointless based on their league position. The other teams listed seem to hail mostly from Eastern Europe? I went to Rapid's wiki to see what their season has been like and saw an image of their crest. It is pretty intense. It looks like the badge of a paratrooper unit from some dystopian novel.

Ahead of another boring, pointless and meaningless international game, England head coach Roy Hodgson has asked supporters to be on good behavior and not participate in (no surrender) political chants against the Irish Republican Army on Wednesday.

Didn't the real IRA cease all actions after the good friday agreement, so what are they going to protest about. It's not as if the British haven't already surrendered to them is it ? Talk of the usual stereotypical club side supporters making a nuisance and the main orchestrators. Won't be watching any of it, but hope any idiots think twice before going ahead with this. First game between the two sides since the abandonment in Dublin in 1995.

I do hope the Irish can get a result though

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?s=ea009bf77d9d0ba2d1d438c301089425&t=133729

He will do well there. I'm sure he's glad to get away from Stamford Bridge too given all the negative vibes around the place.

I was just looking at Kohen's list too, it's crazy to think that Alan Pardew is now the second longest serving manager in the Premier League (seeing as Pulis walked from Stoke & Martinez relegated Wigan).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/28/tactical-trends-2012-13

Jonathan Wilson on this season's tactical trends.

Couldn't read all of that apologist's arse-licking tika-taka. Barca's style only worked because they had great players. The brand of football itself was awful to watch and thankfully got found out. Credit due for the Germans.

Couldn't read all of that apologist's arse-licking tika-taka. Barca's style only worked because they had great players. The brand of football itself was awful to watch and thankfully got found out. Credit due for the Germans.

Well, by your reaction it's obvious you didn't read all of it :D

Well, by your reaction it's obvious you didn't read all of it :D

Couldn't, got to the point where he feigned praise for Bayern and then spouted on about the fast direct tika-taka the amazing Guardiola will now use to improve this style. I don't get the point in doing a persuasive piece on someone who's already been appointed.

You're not thinking of leaving us like Moyesy are you Mike?

Jermaine Beckford's been involved in Jamaica's World Cup qualifying campaign:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=367373/index.html

They're bottom of the group with 2 points after 6 games. I can take credit for some of that, I asked him if he was eligible for Jamaica on an Evertonfc.com chat and before you know it, his name's in the Kingston newspapers as a possible recruit and eventually it happened.