IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

120.7 - Javier Hernandez has the best mins/goal rate of any player in Premier League history (min 10 goals). Quickfire

Beckford had a similar record (though I know hes nowhere near the same league, just pointing out a fact)

I think he would do brilliantly. His pace would be something to admire, both him and Mirallas going forward would be quite something!

Mirallas is on the wing most of the time, just like AJ was pushed out.

Dont get me wrong, id love him here but Id just be afraid of what would happen to him....

A pretty mad qualifying in Jerez today. The track got way too hot which meant that the bikes were unable to grip to the circuit for the 15 minutes of qualifying. Valentino Rossi, Dani Pedrosa & Cal Crutchlow all fell (with Cal on a fast lap :() which meant that tomorrow's race is going to be really interesting.

Lorenzo is pole, Pedrosa 2nd, Marquez 3rd, Crutchlow 4th & Rossi 5th.

Loved Cal crashing at 100+mph with seven minutes to go, getting back to the pits and going out again to improve his time on the bike that they'd just repaired after he crashed it in practise an hour or so earliertongue.png.

He's really on it this year, arguably the best rider so far in terms of getting the most from the machinery he's got; if he keeps it up he surely has to get a Yamaha works ride next season.

I'd like him to but I can't see Yamaha letting go of Rossi. If he wants to get on a works bike then he's going to have to go to Honda or Ducati (which would be a nightmare).

Have the same feeling....he's faster than Rossi without a doubt but do they want to keep the ikon and make lots commercially (read Schumacher at Mercedes) or do they want to win more races?

It'll be interesting, would smooth things if Rossi did the decent thing and retired.....he just might if he carries on being off the pace all season (which he will be).

I think it will be easier to judge when we're halfway through the season. If Lorenzo is winning races and Rossi is consistently picking up points (i.e. - 3rd/4th) then they have no reason to change riders as that would probably be enough to land the constructors title.

I have a feeling that Rossi will retire soon though. He's 34 and has had two miserable seasons at Ducati (which wasn't his fault) but this season at Yamaha might be the end if he can't win races and push for the championship.

I guess we'll see.

Marquez is known for that sort of thing and has been warned about his aggressiveness in the past. He did a similar move in free practice last year and was rightly given a bollocking by the governing body.

I've not actually seen the incident myself as I was watching the derby so I won't comment but my father (a massive Yamaha fan like me) went ballistic.

Edit: I've just watched it now (video below) and it's not as bad as I was expecting. IMO Marquez knew exactly what he was doing and ran wide to push Lorenzo off the track which is naughty. It's hard to prove that he did it on purpose though so I don't think any action can be taken against him... Lorenzo said in his interview that 'we will see what happens in the season...' so I'm hoping this incident spurs him on to wipe the floor with Honda this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dHBbeqqvE

Edited by Zoo

Comment under the BBC "Rooney to leave" story...

"Rooney SHOULD show his respects to the club who made him who he is today and stay..."

Irony for beginnersrolleyes.gif.

rofl.gif

How they can say that when they steal players from clubs who made them who they are all the time. Rooney being a case in point (as you say).

Keep hearing reports that something is going to happen at Manchester City very soon, in that Mancini may step down. Either today or in the next day or so, on the back of yesterdays cup final shock. Another possible candidate or name to throw in the ring ?, but it's very unlikely we'll get him and no-one would even want him for that matter, but expect an annoucement from there sometime soon.