IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Coloccini has asked to leave Newcastle.

It seems he wants to go back to Argentina because of personal issues. I don't have him down as being like Tevez so maybe he's really going through some problems. Anyway, Newcastle are only 2 points above the relegation zone, and as we saw a couple of years back they're not too big to go down ;)

It seems he wants to go back to Argentina because of personal issues. I don't have him down as being like Tevez so maybe he's really going through some problems. Anyway, Newcastle are only 2 points above the relegation zone, and as we saw a couple of years back they're not too big to go down ;)

He stayed with them after relegation so you'd have to think his reasons are genuine.

Don't get this (well I do, but it depresses me when people move just for money)....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21020992

So he chooses probable relegation with a small club over possible relegation with a big(ish) club.

£70,000 a week Championship player.....stunning.

He'll have a relegation clause and if QPR stay up I can't see much difference between them and Newcastle next season. Might as well take the money.

Mental illness is no different from physical illness....would you substitute "pleurisy" for "mental problems" in that comment?

He

He was twice arrested for drink-driving last year, leading to a three-year driving ban and fines totalling £5,500, and in recent times there were rumours he lacked the dedication required of a top-flight footballer.

Former City great Colin Bell also told the Manchester paper: "It’s a terrible shame. It’s hard to accept when your career ends early and for his to end at his age will be really difficult to take."

In a short interview, he told the Manchester Evening News: "I have been attending the Priory Clinic for a number of years now with regard to my mental health and would be grateful if I could now be left alone to live the rest of my life."

Some folk have mental illness as a result of extremely difficult lives or circumstances. Others because their silver spoon isn't shiny enough. I have little sympathy for those that have issues because they are no longer riding in the fast lane, so turn to booze, or drugs, when so many others have never gotten out of the proverbial hard shoulder in their entire lives, never mind in their 20's.

I don't think I need a lesson about MH from anybody to be fair Mike. wink.png

Think Guardiola will be found out tbh. Any one could have managed Barcelona and won everything in sight with the players he had. Now we'll see if he's a good manager or not.

It's still a very good team.

I'm of the same opinion about these so called best managers. For me, the best managers in the league are David Moyes and Tony Pullis. Both would no doubt play wonderful football with the players Barca or Madrid have, but it's not so easy doing it in the top league with zilch money.

Stoke would get ripped to shreds for parking the bus like Swansea have tonight (and against us) but because they can pass a bit it's alright and not a word is said.

I got bored and stopped watching it around the 30 minute mark. Guessing its still 0-0. Wilshere the only player that looked up for it.