IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

They're not bottom of the league though....won four games this seasonhuh.png ,

http://www.leagueweb...eague/Divisions

There are some shocking club names there!!!

Open question... Do you ever think a 'pub club' could make league football e.g. Fox and Hounds F.C.?

My brother plays for a team (not a pub team) that are about 9 divisions below the conference in midland combo div1 so technically if they kept on getting promoted they'd be in the prem one day (obviously not going to happen!) but it would be impossibaly possible wouldn't it?!

as long as i can man mark busquets i'm in

Collina's offered to ref it... reckon you can control that potty mouth? If you can you're in!

I'll take that Messi ponceshaking%20fist.png .

I want you sat in front of the back 4 nothing fancy (the captain's armband is yours obviously!)

Open question... Do you ever think a 'pub club' could make league football e.g. Fox and Hounds F.C.?

My brother plays for a team (not a pub team) that are about 9 divisions below the conference in midland combo div1 so technically if they kept on getting promoted they'd be in the prem one day (obviously not going to happen!) but it would be impossibaly possible wouldn't it?!

If you could keep the team together and keep improving the big problem would be ground upgrades which you need for many steps-up.

But if an Arab Sheikh decided to take over the Firkin and Farrow it could happen.

Collina's offered to ref it... reckon you can control that potty mouth? If you can you're in!

i'll save it for after the game...i'll snot that bald prick as well...i just want to give busquets summat proper to roll around about...plus i think he's absolute gash

I want you sat in front of the back 4 nothing fancy (the captain's armband is yours obviously!)

why is he captain?? we need some younger blood as skipper i think ;)

This could well be some late after the event April Fool nonsense but in any event-

Year and a half old kid becomes (apparently) youngest pro soccer player on the planet. Has signed a decade with a Netherlands club I don't think I've ever heard of. Actually believe it or not this is supposed to be a true article, but no, I smell a rat somewhere. Maybe it's just been a long day and I'm tired and all, but there you are.

http://shockingnewz.com/18-months-old-boy-the-youngest-pro-soccer-player.html

Was sat downstairs tinkering and that was on the telly (my mum and dad were watching the boat race) and I saw the man swimming in the Thames to disrupt it all. I found it rather funny at first but it is a bit moronic to disrupt the race as all of the rowers were seriosly fatigued from pushing so hard and then risked injury from the 30 minute delay in the cold and un-settling conditions.

I'd like to see what his protest was all about - he seemed to lap up the attention even though he could have easily been killed.

You were downstairs doing what?

The Protester, a Mr Trenton Oldfield, 35, actually it'll be a lot easier if I paste it..

The protester who disrupted this afternoon's event has been named as Trenton Oldfield, an activist who claimed the incident was a deliberate 'act of civil disobedience'.

Within hours of the race, a blog post attributed to Mr Oldfield emerged on a website called 'Elitism leads to tyranny'.

Mr Oldfield wrote: 'I am swimming into the boats in the hope I can stop them from completing the race and proposing the return of surprise tactics.'

The Metropolitan Police later confirmed a man was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and is currently in custody at a West London police station.

Sergeant Chris Tranter, of the Metropolitan Police, said the rowers had nearly decapitated the swimmer.

'They almost took his head off,' he said.

The crews were forced to stop between the two and three-mile marker when Mr Oldfield was spotted swimming in the river.

The blades of the Oxford team's oars narrowly missed him and the race was halted.

The crews were neck and neck when the swimmer brought the four-and-a-quarter mile race to a standstill.

He was picked up by a lifeboat and brought ashore soon after the boats were halted.

On LinkedIn Mr Oldfield describes himself as: ‘Rich, open-minded, multi-disciplinary, efficient, focused, intelligent, honest, unique.'

I think all said, this fruit was merely out for a bit of attention whoreing, it looks like he got what he wanted though.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

To be fair to them they have done well this year, first season back of top flight soccer since 1982/83 and probably safe for another season. Rogers takes all the accolades going and has to be a contender for manager of the year, they have surprised everyone this year as have Norwich, I had them both down as relegation material back in August.

The quality of the soccer play may be overlooked at the end of the day, neutral observers will simply be aware of their respective league placings and give accolades and recognition. The league table doesn't lie and where you finish represents how well you've done over a season, and in a few weeks both teams will be in mid table position, anyone looking on, and whether the facts present themselves or not, can't argue that they have done well.

The last time Norwich had a standout season and gave people a major surprise we went on to get their manager next season and be nearly relegated at the same time.

It's like, Lambert at Goodison, well I maybe would have taken that a few weeks ago, but Moyes has pulled it around and look at us now, and as for a relegation next year, I don't think it will happen, can't happen.

Nominees for Professional Footballers' Association Players' Player of the Year award 2011-12: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Joe Hart (Man City), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), David Silva (Man City).

Nominees for Young Player of the Year award: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd).

chamberlain? i'm astonished...

Edited by marcopaulo

Absolute joke not 1 of them city players should be there. Mata, Sessegon, Dempsey, and Cabaye should all be nominated before them. Valencia, Scholes, and Sigurdsson this half of the season. Keeper wise Vorm, Ruddy, or El Habsi, De Gea has come along aswell. Harts barely been tested and is average in the pack when he has been.

Only the last 2 names are worth a nom for the youngst player of the year as well. Chamberlains barely seen the pitch.

I dont like McLean he's been found out now but made a big impact at first and should have had a mention. Nathan Dyer was doing well before injury. Moses, Allen and Pilkington deserve a mention to.

Absolute joke not 1 of them city players should be there. Mata, Sessegon, Dempsey, and Cabaye should all be nominated before them. Valencia, Scholes, and Sigurdsson this half of the season. Keeper wise Vorm, Ruddy, or El Habsi, De Gea has come along aswell. Harts barely been tested and is average in the pack when he has been.

Only the last 2 names are worth a nom for the youngst player of the year as well. Chamberlains barely seen the pitch.

I dont like McLean he's been found out now but made a big impact at first and should have had a mention. Nathan Dyer was doing well before injury. Moses, Allen and Pilkington deserve a mention to.

Agree with this. How Dempsey or Cabaye haven't been mentioned is rediculous. Vorm has been exceptional, considering what he has in front of him too.

It's a bit late after the event but I saw a news item that suggests Arsenal player is the grim reaper

Arsenal player Aaron Ramsey behind recent deaths and passings they suggest.. load of damn nonsense I say, if this was Hibbert involved, there would be one hell of a world population problem, if there already isn't.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/soccer-star-in-bizarre-goal-link-to-whitney-houstons-death-021312

Have to feel a bit for their supporters...

Coventry City went by the wayside too yesterday into the third division, first time for a very very long time, some fear for the future of the club now I heard yesterday. 25th anniversary of the FA cup winning side, that afternoon must have felt a long long way off yesterday for all involved.

I don't mind Portsmouth really, Redknapp did the dirty on them, took all their best players off to Spurs when we went, and the FA cup winning side of 2008 was slowly broken down although they did get back two years later against all the odds.

It's going to be hard for clubs like these to bounce back again but we shall see what happens..