IGNORED

Man Utd Fan With A Midfield Question

Loublaze

How you guys doing? I come in peace. I was on my regular United forum and a thread topic about sides with better midfields than United was posted. Your midfield is considered highly by United fans. My question is, how do you guys think you stack up against Manchester United's midfield? Do you think we are about the same, is Everton's better, etc. Which players in the United team would be regulars at Everton and vice versa. A good number of fans on the United forum think players like Arteta and Cahill would walk into the United starting lineup

Edited by Loublaze

Think theres only Nani who would get into ours, I would like to see .....

Nani...Cahill..Fellaini...Arteta...Pienaar. I dont think a lot of Gibson and Fletcher.

I've seen Utd with a much better Midfield than they have now. ;)

If we were mixing Man Utd's strikers and Midfield with Everton's then I think Cahill would probably be cut with Shrek and Berbatov up front for a 4-4-2 with the rest of that midfield as is.

Scholes is still quality but probably not up to playing every game now.

I think I would like Scholes as a squad player as he gives it everything he has, and we seem to get the best out of that kind of player.

Would Giggs be classed as a midfielder? I think he is still pretty awsome as an attacking midfielder if that is the case. Although that said I am not sure who he would replace in Everton's lineup.

I may in the minority here and I accept any kicking that the others might give me, but I would have Rooney back if he could knuckle down to keeping his skills on the pitch. I suspect he is still an Evertonian under the skin. Still he is a professional and Man U pay his wages so I always expect him to turn out against us, a job is a job after all.

interesting question, i think midfield is by far our strongest area, i would like us to sign gibson, i think he is quality and our midfielders dont shoot enough from outside the box. If all are fit i would have the following:

Valencia Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Have to agree with the midfield - not the Gibson part though dont rate him at all.

Guest Reg Reagan

not lately though...more of a drifter than a winger when he was too

Yes I know, before Teveth left the mancs to join the arab mancs, Rooney was playing as a winger with teveth and berbatov upfront

I'd have Nani, that's it. I was excited the few times we were linked with him. He seems temperamental, but I think Moyes may have been able to sort that out. Other than him, can't think of anyone in their mid-field I'd have. Elsewhere, Berba, Rooney and Vidic are the only ones who would improve our squad.