IGNORED

Liverpool (Home)

MikeO

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant performance for the lads and a great win! We dominated the first 40mins and then the first 10 after the break. Unfortunately tactics went a bit awry in the 2nd half, and the two upfront saved moyes in that respect Imo...

Hopefully we can get something at Spurs and hopefully our injuries arent too bad. On facebook Pienaar has said he will be fit for next week which is a big plus!

If I was a a Liverpool fan this would worry me hugely...

Hodgson...

"...towards the end of that first half we were beginning to look quite good and then we concede a goal and then the second half really we camp out in the Everton half and we play some very good football but unfortunately we didn't score from it; they did so my immediate thought is how can life be so cruel that we can play as well as that and get nothing from the game?"

The man's delusional.

Great result, and the first half performance was excellent.Distin had a great game and for me was the pick of the bunch.

Spurs have an epic european game mid-week and then they have to play US!

That maybe wasn't our best team out there today, but when you look at the rs, injuries to Gerrard and maybe Torres and they will struggle to beat many teams this season.

Was it me or did we seem to give Gerrard way too much space.....but he just didn't use it.

Beckford will improve, Coleman also will get better, Fellaini, Anichebe and Rodwell will return....and I can now see life beyond Pienaar.

Well played lads.

ps....forgot to mention Howard.....had a great game.

Edited by Blue 250

If I was a a Liverpool fan this would worry me hugely...

Hodgson...

"...towards the end of that first half we were beginning to look quite good and then we concede a goal and then the second half really we camp out in the Everton half and we play some very good football but unfortunately we didn't score from it; they did so my immediate thought is how can life be so cruel that we can play as well as that and get nothing from the game?"

The man's delusional.

Really?! I admit that they were on top in the second half but they only had the one Torres chance. Everything else was from outside the box and the crosses didnt look too dangerous.

Add this to the fact that we created our own pressure by dropping deep and providing very little assistance to Yakubu (until the Beckford sub).

Was it me or did we seem to give Gerrard way too much space.....but he just didn't use it.

I actually thought we gave them too much space in our half throughout the whole of the game, but specifically to Gerrard as you say. We pressed them in their half but didnt seem to follow it up especially as the game wore on.

Id also add that I thought that the linesmen and Ref were crap today, they didnt seem to see obvious decisions right in front of their eyes!

Members only Bill :) .

Ah right, :huh: They must have known what was coming. :)

Re: Man of the match - Game 15 - Everton - Away - PL

"Fuck off".

Choosing cunt of the match is far more appropriate.

Maybe Reina because I feel so fucking sorry for him having to play behind this shower of shite.

It takes brave man to start this thread.

"Fuck off".

Maybe Reina because I feel so fucking sorry for him having to play behind this shower of shite.

haha quality!

There appears to be a real lack of confidence from Red supporters, unless it's the old reverse psychology trick. Saying you will get a hammering and if it comes true then you can say 'Told You So' and if it doesn't then happy days. Anyway enough clap trap, Everton to win 2-0, Cahill will peel off towards Johnson every chance he gets, a header from him and a................well who cares as long as we win.

Ok I got the header and peeling off Johnson bit wrong BUT Cahill, first goal and 2-0 I got right. It paid an incredible 65/1 as a football special in Hills by the ground. The fivers and tenners couldn't get passed over the counter quick enough..........now let me count my £330 readies before I paint the town BLUE. :D

Ok I got the header and peeling off Johnson bit wrong BUT Cahill, first goal and 2-0 I got right. It paid an incredible 65/1 as a football special in Hills by the ground. The fivers and tenners couldn't get passed over the counter quick enough..........now let me count my £330 readies before I paint the town BLUE. :D

And a good number of points in the Fantasy, you've had a good week. :P

Now THAT was a performance. That performance is why we all love being Evertonians. That is how to get the pride back. That is how to stick it to a shit football team. That is how you fucking play. That is how you fucking win.

I'm so proud of our boys after that game today. That's what we've all been crying out for. Forget individuals, we were a team today. There was no Cahill, Arteta, Neville, Osman etc etc. We were EVERTON. Full stop. They all lay it on the line right from the off and never let up. Our defence has been our weak point so far this season, but every one of our back four should be proud of themselves after the way they played today. That Goodison turf is coated in the sweat of the mighty blues right now. No question.

Craeming sesh over, onto the game. For the first 5 minutes of the game we didn't get near the ball. Then it seemed to hit our players that this Liverpool side is not a side that should be feared or respected. That we were on our own turf and if they wanted the ball they were going to have to fight for it. So our mdifield and forward players stepped up to the plate and ran their hearts out to get that ball back. It didn't matter if they had to go through the Liverpool players to get it, they were going to get the ball back. And if they couldn't then they were going pressurise their players into making a mistake. The biggest proponent of this attitude was probably Osman. He was admirable tbh. He put everything into his performance, he left nothing behind. After that initial 5 minute period the game was ours. Literally all ours. We thoroughly earned our lead because we dominated them and, to be fair, could have been out of sight by half time. Again in the second half Liverpool had another 5 minute spell of possession but then we got back into it and deservedly got a second goal. I hoped that would give the players more confidence but they seemed to shit themselves a bit, and for half an hour Liverpool took control. However, for all of their possession they barely tested us. And when Beckford came on we looked the far more dangerous of the two sides. 3 points. Happy days.

COYB!

Howard - Barely had a thing to do but when he was called upon he was quality.

Neville - Not the best passing display you'll ever see but he had a decent game.

Jagielka - Absolutely flawless in his defensive duties. Threw himself infront of everything and stalked Torres wherever he went on the pitch so he was always under pressure and couldn't really do anything all game. He did have a few wayward passes and too many long balls though. But you could tell he wasn't fit tbh, and that makes his performance even more impressive.

Distin - It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Distin but he was amazing today. I cannot believe I've just said that :lol:. He won so many headers and made countless blocks when we were under the cosh. He was a man mountain and held our defence together.

Baines - Brilliant. We all know how good he is going forward and he didn't disappoint today. The lad must be sponsored by Lucozade the amount of energy he must use getting up and down the touchline for 90 minutes! He put in a great defensive shift too.

Coleman - I love this boy, I really do. He makes me smile because he just has no fear. Give him the ball and he only knows one way; and that's to run forward with it. Doesn't matter if there's 1 or 3 opposition players infront of him, he's going to come at you and that's that. Today was a prime example of that. The Liverpool defenders absolutely shit themselves over little Seamus today. The two idiot defenders didn't have a clue what to do with him in the build up to Cahill's goal.

Arteta - He didn't hit the heights we know he's capable of but that was much more like the Arteta we know he can be. He was actually involved in pretty much everything we tried to do even though he still sat a little too deep at times. And what a hit for his goal, peach!

Heitinga - Very disappointing. He never got into the game at all and he provided very little protection for the defence.

Osman - Another quality performance from Ossie today. He had the beating of Carragher right from the off and went past him on numerous occasions, and his link up play with Baines was lovely. He was also like an annoying little knat and never gave their right side a moments peace. I was gutted when he had to come off :o.

Cahill - For the past year or so I've been a critic of Cahill but today not a single criticism can be levelled at him. He was perfect. Immense. Quality. Class. Amazing. Legendary. It wasn't even just a typical Cahill performance either really. Yes he won loads of headers. Yes he bullied their defenders. Yes he hustled. But ontop of all that he used the ball at his feet brilliantly. Stand up Sir Tim Cahill :P. My MOTM.

Yakubu - All that was missing from Yak's game today was a goal. He put one hell of a shift in and it was no wonder he was absolutely fucked with 20 minutes to go. He was up there with Cahill in putting pressure on their defence. He held the ball up so fucking well it was untrue. He brought our midfield into attacks time after time. Also that's probably the most times I've seen him run at defenders in a single game. Quality performance. Keep that up and the goals will come.

Nice one Mark.....the power of the new shirt worked eh :P ?

I was debating, just before KO, what one to wear....considered both but settled on the new one.....and I was just sitting watching in the cabin at the bottom of the garden :lol: . Superstition is a terrible thing :unsure: .

Nice one Mark.....the power of the new shirt worked eh :P ?

I was debating, just before KO, what one to wear....considered both but settled on the new one.....and I was just sitting watching in the cabin at the bottom of the garden :lol: . Superstition is a terrible thing :unsure: .

Lol that's exactly what it was :P . I'll be wearing it the next game that's for sure!

"Fuck off".

I read it on the RS site from your link, and I nearly wet myself laughing. Thanks for that Bill. :lol: