IGNORED

Pompey Appealing For Uefa Place

still, its a good motivation to finish 6th rather than 7th :)

just read this on the OS:

But the troubled south coast side are in administration and didn't apply for a Uefa licence because they were unable to fulfil the financial criteria required to make an application at that time. This would prevent them from entering the competition.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/12/europa-places-update

How are they going to be able to fulfill the financial criteria at this stage, since theyre in adminstration?

Edited by galacticaracnid

still, its a good motivation to finish 6th rather than 7th :)

just read this on the OS:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/12/europa-places-update

How are they going to be able to fulfill the financial criteria at this stage, since theyre in adminstration?

They're using the argument that they're confident of being bought soon.

But surely they cant use that argument because you have to bring forward documentation and evidence that shows you (club) currently can meet the financial criteria. Otherwise any Tom, Dick and Harry could apply for a licence under the reasoning that they 'might' be bought out soon?? Pompey...just fuck off lol we want that spot!

• 2 weeks later...

i think they have been playing the sympathy card a little too much lately.

i didnt want to see them ended because of thier situation but lets face facts, it was ALL of thier own making!

they have noone to blame but themselves.

they are relegated now, time to start again, stop crying at everyone else and man the f--k up!

i hope to see them again in a few years, i like portsmouth (and the 6 points that thier arrival usualy produces lol) they are a good club and have great fans but by giving them constant leg ups it undermines resposibly ran clubs (like ourselves).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8642368.stm

"I hope nobody says to me rules are rules - Liverpool finished fifth and got in the Champions League," he (Grant) added.

Liverpool, who won the Champions League in 2005, were given special dispensation to enter Europe's top competition for the 2005/2006 tournament, despite finishing fifth in the Premier League.

"According to the rules they should be not have been in the Champions League," said Grant, speaking after Porstmouth's 2-2 draw with Bolton. "But the rules were changed especially for them and they played.

got a point!

Edited by galacticaracnid