IGNORED

Jan Vertonghen

Or maybe if Yobo goes?

Reported here as well

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/transfer/everton-table-e10m-bid/

Dont see Yobo generating enough cash nor big enough for a straight swap. Unless the dutch have been tokin away! Even if Yobo was being sold for half of the amount requested (total guess), 5 mill can better be spent towards a certain american winger or a certain south africans contract.....

""Johan Cruyff has made no secret of his admiration for the left-footed youngster who can handle any left-sided position in defence and midfield. On 26 September 2008 he extended his contract to 30 June 2013"".(wiki)

Or it might be to replace Yobo AND Distin, I would guess that Heitinga and Jagielka will be the 1st team pairing next season, but it would be nice to have him as cover along with Duffy. ;)

3 years still to go on his Contract. :(

""Johan Cruyff has made no secret of his admiration for the left-footed youngster who can handle any left-sided position in defence and midfield. On 26 September 2008 he extended his contract to 30 June 2013"".(wiki)

Or it might be to replace Yobo AND Distin, I would guess that Heitinga and Jagielka will be the 1st team pairing next season, but it would be nice to have him as cover along with Duffy. ;)

Dont see Distin goin this season either, he has proven to be a good signin, improving over the season and wont be sold 12 months on...

Reading the original article (in Dutch) it says that the offer was € 12m , not 10 .. so the claim at the end of the article that 12m would do it is obviously wrong.

Think that's a little much for a player who plays a position where we only need to sign a backup.

I personally don't see Jags and Heitinga working as a CB partnership as they are too similar. I think this guy sounds like the perfect foil for Jags at centre back leaving Heitinga free to play wherever he is needed (RB,CB or DMC) and Distin as cover.

I also would be quite happy to see Yobo and Senderos leave the club and see Duffy eventually replaceing Distin.

Reading the original article (in Dutch) it says that the offer was € 12m , not 10 .. so the claim at the end of the article that 12m would do it is obviously wrong.

Think that's a little much for a player who plays a position where we only need to sign a backup.

I like this player alot, but i agree with this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope Arsenal get him, then Wenger might leave Jags alone. ;)

New info on this.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/buitenland/Nederland/101005_Vertonghen_interesse_Arsenal

Red Devil Jan Vertonghen is on the wish of the English club Arsenal, confirms Martin Jol, coach at Ajax.

"I get these signals ofcourse," said Martin Jol on the Dutch website nusport.nl. "It is only logical that they want Vertonghen."

"Everton wanted Vertonghen last summer, but he knows he's better of with us. Jan is smart enough to only leave when he is ready."