IGNORED

Google Street View

MikeO

Have you seen it?

Incredible....I've been playing with it half the day. Looked at the house I was born in, had a stroll round Goodison, my next-door neighbour was immortalised outside his house, looked at my bro-in law's place in Amsterdam (had a quick look for the "windows" but they've not gone there :( ). Even my in-laws house, which is on its own 400 yards down a farm track, is there.

It's an incredible project...few privacy issues I'd have thought....but impressive.

I see Belgium (along with Germany, Greece, Austria and some of the old Eastern Bloc countries) isn't included. Is that the government refusing permission?

I just spend the past half hour trying to find out if that's the case. Couldn't find anything except that the Google cars were spotted all over Belgium a year ago. I assume it doens't take a year to get that data online. Might be a legal issue, but it's been over four years since I last studies Belgian privacy laws and to be honest I forgot all about them from the moment I handed in my exam.

Pretty cool to "drive" around Goodison Park though. Much nicer than Anfield.. :).