IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Surly you lot should be praising him as high as possible to get the move through?

You guys are doing it all wrong, even those on Social Media. All this negative press, is only highlighting his flaws. They might pull out if the backlash continues ;)

So how about suck up the pride and talk about what a bargain they're getting :afro2:

If he was at Chelsea still and United come in for him you'd be talking £150m. Gareth Bale who was shite against the top 8 minus Arsenal (a Derby that was quite open) and went for £80m after one good season. £75m will be disappointing. Would you sell Lukaku for Benteke, Bolasie, and £13m change? Today's market is rediculous. £75m is the price of two years ago, need to adjust for the additional tv money.

Just seen this online, seems like it could be legit

"Breaking news...

Lukaku is still going to Chelsea apparently. His first touch took him to Man United for a minute but he's back on track now."

Like me, you're late pal :D

Nnamdi Obinwanne @obisingledigit

Lukaku is still going to Chelsea apparently. His first touch took him to Man United for a minute but he's back on track now.

If he was at Chelsea still and United come in for him you'd be talking £150m. Gareth Bale who was shite against the top 8 minus Arsenal (a Derby that was quite open) and went for £80m after one good season. £75m will be disappointing. Would you sell Lukaku for Benteke, Bolasie, and £13m change? Today's market is rediculous. £75m is the price of two years ago, need to adjust for the additional tv money.

Ok .... put the glue down Pete...

Bale was single handedly tearing the likes of inter Milan defence apart in the champions league. Lukaku has been placed in the back pocket of some shite defenders and in nearly every important high profile game he's played in he's fluffed his lines.

£75m will appear to be a lot of money when United fans are demanding rashford starts ahead of him.

He would never have been sold for £150m by Chelsea cos he never had the bottle to stay and fight for his place at Chelsea amongst a finished Torres and co.

Id swap lukaku for benteke yeah. Both lazy but one can at least control and head a ball.

Edited by Hafnia

Ok .... put the glue down Pete...

Bale was single handedly tearing the likes of inter Milan defence apart in the champions league. Lukaku has been placed in the back pocket of some shite defenders and in nearly every important high profile game he's played in he's fluffed his lines.

£75m will appear to be a lot of money when United fans are demanding rashford starts ahead of him.

He would never have been sold for £150m by Chelsea cos he never had the bottle to stay and fight for his place at Chelsea amongst a finished Torres and co.

Id swap lukaku for benteke yeah. Both lazy but one can at least control and head a ball.

Years of posts against Rom, this sentence has just lost thrown everything deemed justifiable, down the shitter.

Edited by Lowensda

I fail to understand how anyone can be over the moon about losing the best goalscorer Everton have had in many years. I for one am grateful for all he's done during his time with the club and wish him nothing but the best.

agreed steve. although on the flip side if Sandro scores 15+ goals we will have replaced rom and banked 70m, smart business. i'm hoping Sandro does well.

Years of posts against Rom, this sentence has just lost thrown everything deemed justifiable, down the shitter.

Put it this way... there's absolutely nothing between them. Dress Rom up as much as you like - benteke is a far better target man and aerial threat. He is a good finisher too.

He's not the player he was after his Achilles but athleticism aside I really couldn't th8nk of anything that makes Rom stand out over him. Benteke scored 15 prem goals for a shite palace side.

benteke for rom? wow, i've heard it all. Rashford over rom? laughable. He will play every match, Rashford will be sold (like all youngsters are under Mou).

Mark my words.... rashford will be ahead of him in the pecking order before long.

Little bit of filling out and he will be there..

I fail to understand how anyone can be over the moon about losing the best goalscorer Everton have had in many years. I for one am grateful for all he's done during his time with the club and wish him nothing but the best.

Ok... let's put it another way... we are getting £75m for a player who can't header a ball, can't control a ball... doesn't want to be here and never really has...

Who can't link up play but scores an average of 9 goals a season more than the attacking mids like fellaini or cahill who used to occupy the position of top scorer.

Edited by Hafnia

Ok... let's put it another way... we are getting £75m for a player who can't header a ball, can't control a ball... doesn't want to be here and never really has...

Who can't link up play but scores an average of 9 goals a season more than the attacking mids like fellaini or cahill who used to occupy the position of top scorer.

From the BBC website.

• With a double against Hull City in March, Romelu Lukaku became the first Everton player since Gary Lineker in 1985-86 to hit 20 league goals in a season.
  • Lukaku is also only the fourth player to score more than 80 goals in the Premier League before turning 24 (also Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Wayne Rooney).
  • He has also scored more goals than any other Everton player in Premier League history (68).
  • Lukaku is one of only three players to have scored more than 10 goals in each of the last five Premier League seasons (alongside Giroud and Aguero).

I'm not over the moon, but I'm not really upset either.

If anything, I'm glad it's done and we can move on.

75m is a great price for him and one that only a few weeks ago.... 99% on here we're thinking was a good price.

Impact on the team?

Vault me but I think we will do better without him, and with the money. Great business from the board again.

I'm not over the moon, but I'm not really upset either.

If anything, I'm glad it's done and we can move on.

75m is a great price for him and one that only a few weeks ago.... 99% on here we're thinking was a good price.

Impact on the team?

Vault me but I think we will do better without him, and with the money. Great business from the board again.

Absolutely.

Because sometimes it's about something a bit more than just goals.

And being 'happy' to see him go does not mean that you are ungrateful for the goals he has scored nor do you wish him harm.

<p>

From the BBC website.

• With a double against Hull City in March, Romelu Lukaku became the first Everton player since Gary Lineker in 1985-86 to hit 20 league goals in a season.
  • Lukaku is also only the fourth player to score more than 80 goals in the Premier League before turning 24 (also Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Wayne Rooney).
  • He has also scored more goals than any other Everton player in Premier League history (68).
  • Lukaku is one of only three players to have scored more than 10 goals in each of the last five Premier League seasons (alongside Giroud and Aguero).

From the hafnia website...

1. It's not difficult for Rom to be Evertons best goalscorer in a season since lineker... since 1987 the club has bought some low level budget dog shit strikers... at the time of his purchase Rom cost more money than the 4 previous record signing strikers COMBINED.

Yakubu+beattie+AJ+barmby

Behave. He's done well for Everton and we have made a really decent profit on him. We all know your opionions but 75 million isn't payed for someone who can't header a ball! Your criticism certainly goes way over the top sometimes.

It never used to be but it certainly is now.... I wouldn't say he can't header a ball.... let's just say he really does struggle with anticipating the flight of a ball and timing his jump.... Will that do?

I mean... let's face it. I've never seen someone header fresh air as much as he does.

My criticism over the top? Like a goal kick above his head?

Edited by Hafnia