IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

So he's responsible soley for Evertons failure to win anything? His job was to score goals, he did his job.

Didn't say that at all Matt.

Just pointing out that a single player with good goal stats isn't the right recipe for success.

It helps yes, but if we sell him.... there will be life after. Get the right mix and we will end up finishing higher, I'm confident of that.

Didn't say that at all Matt.

Just pointing out that a single player with good goal stats isn't the right recipe for success.

It helps yes, but if we sell him.... there will be life after. Get the right mix and we will end up finishing higher, I'm confident of that.

Not sure how stating a fact is a stupid statement either mate?

I would like to keep him, but only if he changed his attitude towards the club and fans. What I won't do is lament him leaving as I really believe a single player isn't the answer to is winning things. I have supported Everton for a long time and watched many strikers come and go... and we have always moved on, always.

regardless of forum PERSONAL opinions, what does everyone think RK thinks about keeping/getting rid of Lukaku?

I think RK would like to keep him if given the choice.

I think he would definitely keep him.

He is buying certain players just in case he does stay.

Sandro would be a great foil for Lukaku. Fast, hard working and will get the ball into the box.

regardless of forum PERSONAL opinions, what does everyone think RK thinks about keeping/getting rid of Lukaku?

I think RK would like to keep him if given the choice.

I don't think he fits into Koemans methods of pressing from the front.

Of course, I'm sure RK was glad to have him and glad to work with him and use him for his goals.

RK strikes me as a bloke who just moves on and doesn't cry over spilt milk.

The last few pages read like Haf thinks everyone has forgotten their own opinion and has started agreeing with him.

I don't think many of us have changed our view of Lukaku being a damn good striker have we?

I still like footballers who score goals.

We aren't Liverpool, we don't play the same way, Koeman isn't Klopp and Rom isn't Sturidge.

Edited by StevO

The last few pages read like Haf thinks everyone has forgotten their own opinion and has started agreeing with him.

I don't think many of us have changed our view of Lukaku being a damn good striker have we?

We aren't Liverpool, we don't play the same way, Koeman isn't Klopp and Rom isn't Sturidge.

Yeah I still want him to stay and given the choice I think koeman would too.

Nope... the last few pages read like Haf has found no reason to change his opinion on a player who isn't anywhere near as good as he thinks, who after 4 years has not evolved his game into anything other than a penalty box "give me the ball" finisher. Who does not give a fuck about Everton.

It's not a competition Steve... it's unfortunate that he hasn't learned enough humility in this time to behave the right way and respect the club. The fact that he hasnt will diminish whatever it is that people believed he "achieved".... which wasn't much at all. The rare good goal against better sides among a load of goals scoredcagaimst canon fodder. The fact is... when it came to the big games and the big moments he fluffed his lines. I have yet to see him grab the headlines in any big games for club or country.... 2 missed penalties in key cup games. An awful semi final display against man United and numerous no shows in derby matches and top 4 matches where he couldn't be arsed. (Awaits the response of his goal vs chelsea)

I understand that some fans may allow him carte Blanche because he grabbed more goals than the previous low budget players we have had to endure... but I don't.

For 4 years he has not allowed the fans to think for one full season he is committed to the club- by actually keeping his trap shut about his lofty ambitions.

It's almost as if he is embarrassed to be playing for us because all his chums who he dicks about with on Instagram are at Chelsea or United...

Hopefully he will be gone soon because I don't want anyone like him who doesn't want to be at our club. He's a cheeky fucker who is lucky we never had anyone to offer him competition because at any other club he would have been dropped for many games.

Edited by Hafnia

Was just about to post that.... fuckin hilarious (if true).

Conte is a smart manager who demands hard work from his forwards - indeed all players. Which is why I've been surprised at Chelsea's pursuit of him.

If Chelsea sign him against contes wishes it's gonna cause unrest. Conte will drop him like a stone the second he decides to have "restful" game.

Chelsea don't learn do they...

I hope we don't sign another 20+ goalscorer or contender for the golden boot - especially if they score more goals with each season that passes. Shame on us doing it the first time: Whatever were we thinking?

Let me expand on that for you Steve.... I hope we don't sign another disruptive player who can't go away with his international team without causing a shit storm.

I hope we don't sign another so called "glory striker" who's ability to finish is the only thing that keeps him in the side such is his abandonment of any team duties, ability to hold up the ball or actually even control the thing.

I hope we sign a striker who actually finishes the chances that we created for Rom, who actually can be arsed working for the side, who doesn't disrespect the club. Who actually tries against the better sides... not just gets his heckled up against the shit yes in order to boost his goal stats.