IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Kane is the best striker in the league

That was a clinic.

I said 3 or 4 years ago that he was boringly effective... but he had a great attitude and movement.

He is now far more rounded... clearly worked hard on his game. His shooting is effective due to the minimal backlift and power he generates. Uses the defenders to cover his shot and surprise keeper. Smart.

That was a clinic.

I said 3 or 4 years ago that he was boringly effective... but he had a great attitude and movement.

He is now far more rounded... clearly worked hard on his game. His shooting is effective due to the minimal backlift and power he generates. Uses the defenders to cover his shot and surprise keeper. Smart.

Many wrote him off. You can't discount the number and minutes. He's the real deal, looks like he's the new Shearer.

Guest rusty747

Keane has so many attributes that Lukaku does not. Playing for the team rather than himself being the main one.

Well done Harry Kane. Superb performance to cap a superb season.

Edited by rusty747

Kanes a better flat track bully... he's better against the better teams too.

I don't give a shit if he is or not. I was looking forward to a trophy coming to Goodison and now it's not going to, and some people seem to be happy about it.

Screw "may the best man/team win"; I want us to win. Really pissed off after tonight, people saying how good Kane is pisses me off even more.

Kanes a better flat track bully... he's better against the better teams too.

He is but also in a much better, established and fluid team. I don't think Lukaku will stay beyond this summer (I've changed my mind a few times over the past months but pretty certain he's off now) but I would have been very interested to see him with better players around him - maybe it would have shown him up - maybe it would have taken us to the next level.

I don't give a shit if he is or not. I was looking forward to a trophy coming to Goodison and now it's not going to, and some people seem to be happy about it.

Screw "may the best man/team win"; I want us to win. Really pissed off after tonight, people saying how good Kane is pisses me off even more.

Plus Lukaku being Premier League Top Goalscorer justifies a few more million on the price tag - it's all marketing and endorsement but it would have benefitted us.

Most importantly though, he wears the shirt so we support him.

Guest rusty747

Plus Lukaku being Premier League Top Goalscorer justifies a few more million on the price tag - it's all marketing and endorsement but it would have benefitted us.

I support the team, not any individual part of the team. It would be nice to see Rom do the same.

Same for me mike was very happy for him and the club to be in that position. Hope he gets a hat trick.

I support the team, not any individual part of the team. It would be nice to see Rom do the same.

That's what I'm saying - any player in that shirt gets my support. I may not rate them (there's been plenty in the last few seasons) but I will always want our players to achieve.

Most of us.

How can you separate the two? The individuals make up the team, you can't support one without the other; taken to the extreme, "I support Everton but I can't stand any of their players because they're all crap".

Seriously? The only trophies I want coming to goodison are the ones that have Everton F.C etched on to the plate.

I don't want any supposed trophy going to an individual who doesn't want to play for us. Rom is all about him and not the team so no.... I couldn't give a shit if he wins it or not.

Harry kane deserves everything he gets from the game. A very hardworking player, not as athletically gifted as rom but has turned into a genuine class player. Yeah he plays for spurs... but ultimately I admire players who set good examples in how they should go about their game and handle themselves.

I agree. So many somehow can't wait to see him fail. I get that he may go in the summer but For now he's still our player and him getting golden boot would only help Everton.

Seriously? The only trophies I want coming to goodison are the ones that have Everton F.C etched on to the plate.

I don't want any supposed trophy going to an individual who doesn't want to play for us. Rom is all about him and not the team so no.... I couldn't give a shit if he wins it or not.

Harry kane deserves everything he gets from the game. A very hardworking player, not as athletically gifted as rom but has turned into a genuine class player. Yeah he plays for spurs... but ultimately I admire players who set good examples in how they should go about their game and handle themselves.

Certainly seriously.

Obviously we see things differently.

I was happy when Lineker got the boot in his one season with us even though we won nothing as a team, you took no pleasure from that?.

Would you prefer Harry Kane to win the golden boot over Rom? Is it just Kane or would you prefer Sanchez to win it over Rom too?

Ffs get over it. The selfish prick couldn't be arsed recognising his own fans properly in the last game at goodison.

Maybe he can learn something from Harry Kane after all....

He couldn't be arsed in the derby, he couldn't be arsed helping his team mates when 1-0 up against man United. I can't be arsed about him.

Certainly seriously.

Obviously we see things differently.

I was happy when Lineker got the boot in his one season with us even though we won nothing as a team, you took no pleasure from that?.

Nope. Wasn't arsed. I was more gutted about losing the double and that is it.

I was delighted when Southall got player of the year.

...and Alli is better than Barkley.

Sorry. I'll go now.

They're better than us in every department. They've arguably been the best team over the past 24months - no silverware to show for it though. They may look back at missed opportunities if they don't hit the ground running at Wembley next season - it won't be easy.

Would you prefer Harry Kane to win the golden boot over Rom? Is it just Kane or would you prefer Sanchez to win it over Rom too?

Lukaku has pissed me off no end with his attitude, pissy arm waving antics, wantaway interviews, attention loving cryptic messages,

I couldn't give a fuck who wins it... but Kane and Sanchez are team players and lukaku doesn't know the meaning of the words.

The only trophies I want coming to goodison are the ones that have Everton F.C etched on to the plate.

I was delighted when Southall got player of the year.

So you're OK with individual awards if the player measures up to your standards but you're not if he doesn't, fair enough. Southall was superb but the ultimate "who gives a shit about the team it's all about my performance" man, the trait you despise in Rom. He was totally aloof, didn't celebrate, sulked in his goalmouth etc etc but you loved him all the same. Don't get it.

He actually probably wouldn't have been on his mobile last Friday because he'd have fucked off home.