IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

No, but aarrons point is still the same - it's an arsehole move, and I'm expanding it to any of the players who were on their phones at any time

Be interested to know about this.... as newts said anyone else using their phones were either minimal or were taking photos. Rom was face down typing away for a good while.

It just seems the usual "it wasn't just rom" shout.

So why just single him out then. They were all on their phones. This is a prime example of you just slating Lukaku when everyone was doing it. Team plays bad it's Lukakus fault, Barkley has an average season it's lukakus fault, players on phones on lap of honour, Lukakus a cunt.

And Shukes before you accuse me of defending him- I'm not saying he is right or wrong but why just single him out again!! They're either all as bad or nobodys bad it can't be one rule for one one for the other.

To be fair mate he singled out as the twitter link was about him.

I would agree if it was about others.... but it wasn't.

There was a link about Rom and then a few others said they also saw it in the ground. There wasn't really anything about anyone else.

I do agree that it's just another Rom stick. Shit thing to do, but he's young and that's what this generation do.

To clarify, and let's close this up now because it's done....

I've got a 1minute 40second video on my phone. I've zoomed in on it, the players walk right past the Bullens and onto Gladwys when I stop. I can't see any other player on their phone. I've watched another video on youtube, shot from Gladwys by someone else, I can't see any other player on their phone or with a phone in their hands. Truthfully, I can't!

As most agree, it's a dick move. You've got kids wanting some attention from their heroe, and he's otherwise occupied. He's either thick as fuck or has the emotional intelligence of a toddler.

He's wrong to do it. No ifs or buts. Sorry but he can't be defended. Age is nothing to do with it. 'Others on their phone' is not an excuse...because they weren't!

However, after my last post the other day I did have a brain wave (rare!) and looked at the time I shot my video. It was at 9.48pm. So, as Aaron has said, the timings mean he couldn't have been doing the Chelsea video/instagram thing. So that does take away some of the aggro I was feeling.

The guy does himself no favours. It feels like another kick in the balls to those who have stood by him. He deserves criticism for it, as would anyone else doing the same.

Thank you....

You'd think I make this shit up. My neighbour was fuckin fuming. Got home an extra 45 minutes later than usual cos his lad was desperate to get a picture of rom. His lad was gutted... the camera footage was all the players being appreciative and enjoying the moment.... then sulky arse goes past looking like a 13 year old kid at a 50th wedding anniversary party... just titting about on his phone.

Edited by Hafnia

Personally I didn't notice, mind you I was back row but one in the upper Gwladys so not the closest view but I was just surveying the scene rather than obsessing about anyone in particular. Watching the kids was most fun but I was only really aware of Rom on one occasion, when he was at my end and was responding to the crowd enthusiastically while we sang his name. I saw no mobile so I took no offence, not saying anyone else is wrong or that he wasn't out of order if what guys are saying is true but nothing bothered me at the time.....or any of the rest of the Gwladys if the singing was anything to go by.

I think I'm like Mike, didn't notice it at the time so wasn't pissed off. Even now, I'm not pissed off. I just don't really care.

But then I'm never that arsed about the lap of appreciation, I'd much rather a lap of honour with a trophy. Having the players give me a round of applause at the end of the season is just an empty gesture to me. I'll always stay back for it, but it doesn't bother me.

Also there is no pictures of him modelling any of the new gear- none at all so I think that's a hint he may be off in the summer.

They tried... but they couldnt get the socks on him... they bounced off his shin.

They asked him to pick the shirt up by the collars for a photo... but he failed to hold it up.

They tried to get him to model the sweater.... but he shys away when it comes to jumpers.

Edited by Hafnia

They tried... but they couldnt get the socks on him... they bounced off his shin.

They asked him to pick the shirt up by the collars for a photo... but he failed to hold it up.

They tried to get him to model the sweater.... but he shys away when it comes to jumpers.

:yay:

This is the reason I debate with Haf!