IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Don't forget ... Rom was with a different agent when he signed for us. He picked raola to get him a transfer.

He is a big part in this. Raola had a bad rep in the game before Rom chose him.

Maybe to everyone except the players he represents. He's does the work for them, good or bad.

Maybe to everyone except the players he represents. He's does the work for them, good or bad.

Represents some of the biggest names in the game including: Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhatariyan Balotelli (he's shit yes but still a big name), Matuidi. He now has a few up and coming superstars in his portfolio too: Donnaruma Moise Kean and of course Rom.

Majority of the agents out there have a bad reputation, this fella's seems more due to the sheer size of the pay packets he picks up. My point is, he cant be that bad when those superstars think he is good. If he didn't earn the coin its always reported he earns from these deals I think the backlash against him would be significantly less.

Edited by aaron

If Chelsea buy Morata and United buy Griezman, what happens to Rom then?

For the same sort of money I'd take either of them two over Rom, and I'm a big fan of his.

IF something like this happens, then Rom has to realise he ain't yet at the level he either believes himself to be or wants to be. And that, regardless of price, the 'big clubs' see better options.

Head down, close down the circus, work hard. Be quiet.

I'm easy either way. But like many of you guys, I dread a summer dominated by what Lukaku wants to do.

IF something like this happens, then Rom has to realise he ain't yet at the level he either believes himself to be or wants to be. And that, regardless of price, the 'big clubs' see better options.

Head down, close down the circus, work hard. Be quiet.

I'm easy either way. But like many of you guys, I dread a summer dominated by what Lukaku wants to do.

only issue is then he's sold with 1 year left and we get a relative pittance (unless he signs a new deal). or he leaves on a free in 2 years. fact of the matter is, we need the money to reinvest in the squad.

only issue is then he's sold with 1 year left and we get a relative pittance (unless he signs a new deal). or he leaves on a free in 2 years. fact of the matter is, we need the money to reinvest in the squad.

Well we can't have the money if none of the clubs he desires wants him!!!

It's alright Lukaku saying 'I want, I want, I want....' but if those clubs who can afford him fancy other options, then he's screwed.

These teams start with just one first choice striker now. And as you've listed yesterday, they have better options than Lukaku already.

It's all ifs and buts though. Again, I'm easy either way so long as it doesn't drag on and on.

Sadly for lukaku... as much as he believes he is up there with the best - He just isn't.

His arrogance is costing him big time. If he had it in him to apply some real work ethic... to really try and bully defenders he would have got his move.

There really isn't that much technically between him and Costa... it's just that Costa has a desire to win, to fight, compete, lukaku is a better finisher.

He will only have himself to blame.

If Chelsea buy Morata and United buy Griezman, what happens to Rom then?

For the same sort of money I'd take either of them two over Rom, and I'm a big fan of his.

Madrid would be silly to let Morata leave again when Benzema is fading.... sell Benz to Wegner for 50-60m and laugh.

Real Madrid bought bale at a similar age to what Rom is now despite already having Ronaldo.....

Teams will buy quality players irrespective of who they already have.

They've only played Ronaldo and Bale together nearly every time they're fit (and even when Bale's clearly not....)

They're not competing for the same spot... and if anything at this stage it's Bale vs Isco.....

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Utd. Their season has been spoiled by their inability to beat mediocre teams. Their home form is littered with 0-0 and 1-1 draws.

Lukaku scores 2 or 3 against those teams. It makes sense that they would go for him and he would cast his Champions League ambition aside for that sweet sweet £200k a week pay packet

unless they win the Europa League of course.

"I will not quarrel with Everton. I knew of the interest of a few clubs"

When bids come in they are more often than not made public. Interest is just that... Interest.

The story I've been told is this...

The contract renewal was a load of self serving snidey behaviour by his agent and Rom to try and fleece more cash from the transfer.

Essentially they wanted a buy out clause that Chelsea were prepared to pay but the kicker is that his agent wanted his greedy bastard cut inserted along with a huge "loyalty" bonus for our lovable diva.

If we agreed to this contract then we will have been mugged off like juve were over pogba.

And that is why he said "no" to he contract we offered as we never fell for it.

By all accounts it's created some shit. I think pad is talking along the lines I've heard.

I'm not going to look for it but he said in an interview that a champions league club bid for him last summer and Everton blocked the move and went on to say "what can you do if the club wont sell" he 100% said that in an interview at one point. I distinctly remember reading it and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a link in this thread as I don't read the papers.

Madrid would be silly to let Morata leave again when Benzema is fading.... sell Benz to Wegner for 50-60m and laugh.

They've only played Ronaldo and Bale together nearly every time they're fit (and even when Bale's clearly not....)

They're not competing for the same spot... and if anything at this stage it's Bale vs Isco.....

Did it stop them buying James Rodriquez? Despite having benzema? Edited by Hafnia

they don't play the same position. james is a 10, benzema a 9.

The point is he played an attacking role when they bought him. He had been moved into central midfield under ancelotti to get games.

Point is and remains.... if the top players are available - the best teams sugn them regardless.

The point is he played an attacking role when they bought him. He had been moved into central midfield under ancelotti to get games.

Point is and remains.... if the top players are available - the best teams sugn them regardless.

He's not available though the club are not looking to sell him.

He's looking to go... so it's inevitable he is going to go and the club will sell... simple as that.

So was Suarez, Stones etc etc- at the endbof the day, whilst he is contracted and Everton refuse to sell he's going nowhere. For all we know 5 cl teams may of enquired and we've just told them to go away and not even bother. Chelsea done it and Stones wanted to go- he still never went though did he.

You're just assuming no clubs come in for him because he's not been sold when in fact you have no proof whatsoever of that and are just moving the goalposts to suit your agenda against him- again!!

Of course they do- loads of clubs do it for lots of different reasons.

Sorry, I must admit I am thinking of top level clubs.

Obviously the further down you go, they'll be quite happy to sell the mega money players...at board room level at least!!!

If a solid offer has been in for him.... and it's not public knowledge....

Then this is some kind of world first haha.

It's not though Shukes. Clubs probably approach each other all the time. If the selling club gives an emphatic NO! then that's that really unless they are crass enough to go public. If Chelsea had not gone public over the Stones bid and he went to Man City nobody would have been any the wiser.