IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Fair enough but international football is different in the way that these players aren't playing together week in and week out. His goal scoring record is still decent enough despite this.

Rom actually said:-

Well, actually the burden is bigger at my club. They expect a lot from me. When I am with the national team, I am surrounded by good players and I can benefit for that."

I laughed when I read it... He's not sharp enough for hazard and De bryune

Rom actually said:-

Well, actually the burden is bigger at my club. They expect a lot from me. When I am with the national team, I am surrounded by good players and I can benefit for that."

I laughed when I read it... He's not sharp enough for hazard and De bryune

Yet he still scores the majority of the goals for Belgium.

Seriously, are you telling me that he wouldn't score more goals in this Everton team with Hazard and De Brunye supplying him?

Yet he still scores the majority of the goals for Belgium.

Seriously, are you telling me that he wouldn't score more goals in this Everton team with Hazard and De Brunye supplying him?

Hazard and De bruyne wouldn't be subservient to him so I'm not sure. He literally has the focus of our attack on him.

They will be getting a chunk of the goals - he could score less.

Edited by Hafnia

Hazard and De bruyne wouldn't be subservient to him so I'm not sure. He literally has the focus of our attack on him.

They will be getting a chunk of the goals - he could score less.

And that's why we struggle in some games as he is our sole focus. If teams can stop Lukaku they can stop Everton. Better attacking support will improve him but more importantly us.

And that's why we struggle in some games as he is our sole focus. If teams can stop Lukaku they can stop Everton. Better attacking support will improve him but more importantly us.

My annoyance is he kicks off when someone like DCL gets the ball played in instead of him... lookman had a shot or 2 against west ham and he let rip at him.

He's extremely selfish - strikers need to be selfish but this fella is on an entirely different level. Twice we have seen him try and steal goals...

So to answer your point - he wouldn't score as many goals if he wasn't our sole focus.... he demands to be our sole focus and I believe it's detrimental to the team overall.

My annoyance is he kicks off when someone like DCL gets the ball played in instead of him... lookman had a shot or 2 against west ham and he let rip at him.

He's extremely selfish - strikers need to be selfish but this fella is on an entirely different level. Twice we have seen him try and steal goals...

So to answer your point - he wouldn't score as many goals if he wasn't our sole focus.... he demands to be our sole focus and I believe it's detrimental to the team overall.

If he's extremely selfish why does he get so many assists?

Not trying to get a bite, it's a genuine question.

If he's extremely selfish why does he get so many assists?

Not trying to get a bite, it's a genuine question.

To be perfectly honest I don't ever think I've seen him do an assist where he could have had a go himself - that's genuine.

The game against man United would have been wrapped up if he wasn't so selfish... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It almost took the piss.

To be perfectly honest I don't ever think I've seen him do an assist where he could have had a go himself - that's genuine.

The game against man United would have been wrapped up if he wasn't so selfish... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It almost took the piss.

But if he was as selfish as you believe he'd try to manufacture it so that he could have a go himself, no matter what. But the fact that he often doesn't do that shows that he's aware of people being in a better position than himself.

No doubt he is a selfish player, I just don't think it's quite as bad as you think it is.

But if he was as selfish as you believe he'd try to manufacture it so that he could have a go himself, no matter what. But the fact that he often doesn't do that shows that he's aware of people being in a better position than himself.

No doubt he is a selfish player, I just don't think it's quite as bad as you think it is.

I think if he was any more selfish than he is it would be an issue. Let's just say He's on the very limit.

It's his fuckin moaning that does my nut in. He blows his lid for players losing the n.a. or not passing it to him... He's the worst for it.

Chelsea fan here, firstly congrats on a good season hope to see you soon steal a spot from Utd or Arse for the UCL.

I just wanted to ask a few questions on Lukaku.

If the reports are right would you take the 70m or would you rather keep Lukaku and why? knowing if he keeps netting 20+ you could be looking at a bigger transfer fee?Are you in need of funds to remplace older players ?

I personally do not want him back at Chelsea, I don't think his attributes are what we need, there's no denying his goalscoring abilities and I think he will keep banging them in but he is still lacking some key attributes such as holding the ball or playing with his back to the goal and his touch needs improving. I have not watched or informed enough on Everton but it seems to me he's developed a little bit of an attitude, saying that we do have Costa but he is still a team player and doesn't burst at team mates.

Don't get me wrong he's a good player but with the football we play I don't think he would fit in, especially given the price tag that could get us a player like Aubameyang that would suite us.

I think Lukaku should stay at everton and keep developing himself in a more complete player, I don't see him being successful in the higher stages of europe at the moment and not worth his current price tag.

Chelsea fan here, firstly congrats on a good season hope to see you soon steal a spot from Utd or Arse for the UCL.

If the reports are right would you take the 70m or would you rather keep Lukaku and why? knowing if he keeps netting 20+ you could be looking at a bigger transfer fee?Are you in need of funds to remplace older players ?

I personally do not want him back at Chelsea, I don't think his attributes are what we need, there's no denying his goalscoring abilities and I think he will keep banging them in but he is still lacking some key attributes such as holding the ball or playing with his back to the goal and his touch needs improving. I have not watched or informed enough on Everton but it seems to me he's developed a little bit of an attitude, saying that we do have Costa but he is still a team player and doesn't burst at team mates.

Don't get me wrong he's a good player but with the football we play I don't think he would fit in, especially given the price tag that could get us a player like Aubameyang that would suite us.

I think Lukaku should stay at everton and keep developing himself in a more complete player, I don't see him being successful in the higher stages of europe at the moment and not worth his current price tag.

Welcome mate.

In short- yes I want him to stay but only if he signs a contracts and wants to stay himself. We wont be able tonattract another 20 plus a season striker to replace him no matter how much money we offer.

He seems to see us as a stepping stone which is fine but if he's desperate to leave then we should sell him.

don't want him to leave as it's unlikely well bag a 20+ goal scorer for a pittance. Yes i would take 70m for him if he wants out. No attitude issues he just wants to play CL and at the top of the game, every player does, that's not an issue. His first touch has improved a lot since getting here, back to goal isn't an issue with the style you guys play. honestly he'd be perfect for chelsea. he excels at 1v1 or 1v2 and running with the ball at his feet. counterattacking he bulldozes centrebacks and scores. he has off days but costa has had plenty of those this year too.

Great finisher as his goal stats suggest.

As a footballer he isn't at the level required to be harbouring upper champions league level ambitions.... quite simply he loses possession far too much and when it gets to the nitty gritty of the knockout stages I don't think managers will trust him. Lose possession and you are punished.

Attitude wise he's far from my cup of tea. Hasn't stopped talking about moving since the day he arrived here. Has games that make me want to throttle him as its nothing short of criminal laziness. Worse still he spends a lot of these games moaning.... against top sides he goes missing. A bit of a tasty welcome from a centre half turns the 6ft 4 beast into a 14 stone jellyfish.

When he turns it on he looks great but it's sporadic... his touch has improved from abysmal to substandard.

I desperately want us to sell him for the touted money and see what the likes of Walsh can bring in. We need a striker who offers more allround in their contribution.... yes his goal stats look great but they don't tell the full story for me.

Edited by Hafnia

Funny.... never deemed to get irate when the press were telling stories of him wanting to leave for a big club etc.... as soon as they say that he may not want chelsea He throws a wobble.

not being funny but it was the scum who put that story out, so its going to be a load of shite, maybe he's had enough of lies about him? still not seen him once say he wants to leave.

not being funny but it was the scum who put that story out, so its going to be a load of shite, maybe he's had enough of lies about him? still not seen him once say he wants to leave.

You serious??? He is filmed saying he's not signing a new contract.... he's on £75k a week and we are doubling it and he's not signing. Has not staying.

Short of saying "i want to leave" and waiving a huge loyalty layout what do you think his intentions are?

The sun have run loads of stories about him and his future so don't start thinking he's getting all moral about who the newspaper is.

He's more annoyed by the content - simple as that.

Edited by Hafnia

... still not seen him once say he wants to leave.

You serious??? He is filmed saying he's not signing a new contract....

In fairness (not defending him), him saying he's not signing a new contract (offered to him) doesn't mean he wants to leave, rather it may be that he wants a better deal.

He is going to Chelski, I think the agreement was reached a couple of weeks ago, judging by the noise about Costa going to China re-surfacing about that time. He wants Champs League, is a Chelsea fan and he fits their style of play under Conte.

It might also account for the team playing with less intensity knowing that he is off, that and the fact we cant get 5/6 and cant be caught for 7th.

Did he say...

I'm not signing a new contract

Or...

I'm not signing this contract?

Can't remember, but one is a come and get me anyone.

The other is, offer me a better one.

"Are you going to sign the contract?"

"No"

That's the conversation I remember

Ahh hasn't said he won't sign any contract then.

yep nor has he said he wants out. also the one side people are not figuring is that Walsh/Moshiri/BK are playing Lukaku. Lowball him and press murmurs he wants out, no teams show interest, slap a massive tag of 100m on him, come back with a decent offer and he will sign. just looking at the flipside.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Anyone who thinks he is staying is absolutely dreaming. He is one stop short of asking for a transfer.

He won't though.

He has played the media... not once has he spoken out when linked with moving away, but as soon as a story emerges that says he may not want Chelsea - he kicks off.

Go figure.

Anyone who thinks he is staying is absolutely dreaming. He is one stop short of asking for a transfer.

He won't though.

He has played the media... not once has he spoken out when linked with moving away, but as soon as a story emerges that says he may not want Chelsea - he kicks off.

Go figure.

let's make a deal, he leaves we say you were right all along. if he stays your spouse has to film a video of you jumping into the mersey river. a little chilly but it's good for character.

It's impossible to prove either way (unless it happens of course) but I'd love to see Lukaku in our team with more creative attacking midfielders/wingers.

Hazard/Pedro/Willian

Sanchez/Ozil

Erickson/Son/Lamela

Mata/Mhkatarian

Coutinho/Lallana/Firminho/Mane

Sane/De Brunye/Sterling

Moan all we want about Lukaku, Koeman, keepers, etc but here's where the money is spent at the clubs ahead of us. We need to strengthen other areas this summer but if we can get players on par with the names above then that's what will propel us to the next level.

Yup. Ultimately, games are won and lost in midfield.

let's make a deal, he leaves we say you were right all along. if he stays your spouse has to film a video of you jumping into the mersey river. a little chilly but it's good for character.

You're in a no-win situation here. If he stays, it will be because he's not good enough to play for top teams - as was claimed all along. :)

Edited by Cornish Steve