IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Well let's take it for what it is...

Senior players losing their shit with a team mate in a way I've not seen before...

92nd minute - said player in a 2 on 2 loses the ball cheaply rather than hitting the corner flag. Ball goes into the box and penno is given away.... not mentioned on here though. I'm sure it would have been if it was Barkley.

Then he has the audacity to visibly demonstrate how pissed off he is to an opposition player.... I do hope he shared this in the dressing room - I'm sure He will have been enlightened.

Then he has the audacity to visibly demonstrate how pissed off he is to an opposition player.... I do hope he shared this in the dressing room - I'm sure He will have been enlightened.

But we don't know what he was pissed off about, Haf. He may have been pissed off that we only ended up with a point after leading until the last 30 seconds, or he may have just been being an arsehole. But we just don't know!

If it's the former then I'm happy he was pissed off about the result. If it's the latter, then I'm sure someone will put him straight - probably Williams himself. But the fact is, again, we just don't know!

Edited by Romey 1878

But we don't know what he was pissed off about, Haf. He may have been pissed off that we only ended up with a point after leading until the last 30 seconds, or he may have just been being an arsehole. But we just don't know!

If it's the former then I'm happy he was pissed off about the result. If it's the latter, then I'm sure someone will put him straight - probably Williams himself. But the fact is, again, we just don't know!

I'm pretty certain based on him pointing at the tunnel and doing the hand ball gesture that it was Williams....

I'm pretty certain based on him pointing at the tunnel and doing the hand ball gesture that it was Williams....

If so, then it's pettiness more than anything. Williams had a go at Rom for something, then Williams has a brainfart with the handball and Lukaku responds in kind. Not saying it's right, but it's nowhere near as bad as is being made out. It'll all get sorted out between the two of them, I'm sure.

Mountains out of molehills all over the place about last night.

If so, then it's pettiness more than anything. Williams had a go at Rom for something, then Williams has a brainfart with the handball and Lukaku responds in kind. Not saying it's right, but it's nowhere near as bad as is being made out. It'll all get sorted out between the two of them, I'm sure.

Mountains out of molehills all over the place about last night.

The players lost it with him. I watched the game again and having watched it all I can only see why.

He makes Barkley job so difficult- he runs away from him in a way that allows defenders to get in the line of the pass.

He literally conceded the ball time after time when the defence were looking for an outball.

He wants to go, the team look pissed at him. Sell him... move on. Enough is enough.

A very talented finisher but far too much baggage on a mental and technical side.

Not a witch hunt. A Bitch Hunt!!!

Can't something be discussed without it turning into a bunch of men acting like butt hurt bitches?

Anyway, if anyone would like to watch the below clips and say if it is one time or ssssh...what you reckon? Media seem to think it was 'sssh'. I'm swinging towards sssh because it makes more sense in the circumstances.

https://youtu.be/L6dqNHHSMV4

Doesn't look like a shush to me though.

His hand is too high, like when they cover their mouths to hide what they are saying from the cameras. A shush should have his finger lower across his lips.

In my opinion he's having a right good barny with Williams but he looks like he's pointing or something. Maybe a bit of a wag of the finger.

Personally I don't mind players arguing in game, it shows they care. Only those in the dressing room will truly know what was going on.

My thoughts exactly. His hand looks high.

Can't exactly tell from the angle.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Hafnia is only replying to people who keep popping in with snide posts to get at him, and your one of the biggest culprits Dunc, thats why the thread has deteriated.

If nobody keeps coming in with posts to rile him the thread might just return to normal.

Edited by Bill

Doesn't look like a shush to me though.

His hand is too high, like when they cover their mouths to hide what they are saying from the cameras. A shush should have his finger lower across his lips.

In my opinion he's having a right good barny with Williams but he looks like he's pointing or something. Maybe a bit of a wag of the finger.

Personally I don't mind players arguing in game, it shows they care. Only those in the dressing room will truly know what was going on.

spot on

Hafnia is only replying to people who keep popping in with snide posts to get at him, and your one of the biggest culprits Dunc, thats why the this thread has deteriated.

If nobody keeps coming in with posts to rile him the thread might just return to normal.

I think I am passed riling now Bill. I just ensure that I will continue to respond. Rom and his ways means that no matter how great the good times are- he will never let you down in dishing out a huge dose of disappointment that leaves his supporters making excuses for him.

It's funny.... even I thought just maybe that Rom had got over his issues with applying himself and not speaking out of turn but it's almost like he has his own seasonal changes. He's almost predictable.

I think after his interview challenging the club's ambition and then having the past 2 games he's had - has left many fans turning away from him. It's pretty clear his stay is pretty much going to be untenable.

Hafnia is only replying to people who keep popping in with snide posts to get at him, and your one of the biggest culprits Dunc, thats why the thread has deteriated.

I would say it was the other way around Bill, Haf starts off with a post criticising Lukaku then I respond

If Haf doesn't post his conspiracy theory I have nothing to respond to!

Whatever it is - at best 2 senior players lost their shit with him.

I have never seen Baines nor Williams for that matter do anything like that.

Baines is as placid as they come which is why I've never wanted him to be a captain.

A tipping point has happened. I personally have never seen an Everton player try so little in a derby - it will have stung them and the order will have been to bounce back.

What he was thinking and doing in that second half is beyond any reasonable comprehension.... we were 1 nil up and under the cosh and he was the out ball. Eventually the players lost their shit big time.

For me this is 3 seasons too late and maybe if someone had the balls and leadership to address this back then - maybe things would be different. As it happens it has come at a crucial stage of the season and at the end of what I think is an Everton career that will be the pinnacle of what he ever gets to achieve.

He simply will not get the indulgence he has been afforded here at any other club. He will likely have competition for his place that is of a higher calibre than kone, naismith, niasse, DLC... for that reason alone I believe that in this day and age with the club's that can afford his transfer fee - he will find himself humiliated on the bench.

Maybe it will change his attitude? I doubt it. He is programmed to look out for himself before the team... I'm sure He likes winning - not any where near as much as he likes scoring.

I've done a Pad...

I've done a haf... I've decided that fighting fire with fire is the best approach... that whilst I was enjoying his run of form and being generous enough to recognise it (although fearing the off button would be pressed any time soon) I've decided that the constant baiting is worthy of me reminding you all that we have a player on our books who has that irritating ability to look 10/10 Or 2/10 based on how he feels and not what the team needs.

Let's accept it for what it is.... the majority of people who post on here do so with the intention of trying to discredit my opinion of him. Shukes called it absolutely spot on - bill has also called it, newty etc...

But oh yeah let's take the moral high ground when I decide to give as good as I get.

My only concern is that whatever money we get for him can buy a player with half his finishing ability but 5 times his attitude/team ethic.

Edited by Hafnia

Generous enough?! Fucking hell

Yep. WHEN he shows the qualities I expect to see from a striker I recognise them. For a stretch of games he looked like he was in the process of proving me wrong.

If I recall correctly I made the comment to you that doing what he is now doesn't mean it's something he's always done.

The alarm bells went when he came out with his nonsense a couple a weeks or so back... I made the comment that it seems like he does this every year and he then puts on his flip flops till the summer.

Well.... here we are but this time it seems that his team mates are finally pissed off enough to get verbal with him.

I've done a haf... I've decided that fighting fire with fire is the best approach... that whilst I was enjoying his run of form and being generous enough to recognise it (although fearing the off button would be pressed any time soon) I've decided that the constant baiting is worthy of me reminding you all that we have a player on our books who has that irritating ability to look 10/10 Or 2/10 based on how he feels and not what the team needs.

Let's accept it for what it is.... the majority of people who post on here do so with the intention of trying to discredit my opinion of him. Shukes called it absolutely spot on - bill has also called it, newty etc...

But oh yeah let's take the moral high ground when I decide to give as good as I get.

My only concern is that whatever money we get for him can buy a player with half his finishing ability but 5 times his attitude/team ethic.

Take the dummy out Haf, it's getting embarrassing.

Your opinion is valid, invoking your fanboys is a bit desperate.

Yeah this thread should be called the "please give me attention, my name is Haf" thread.

Never seen a bigger cunt in all my life on the Internet.

"Warn" me. Who gives a shit. This thread would be better without that absolutely pathetic moron and I'm sure the majority on here would agree.

Edited by AidanLewis