IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Then you have those boring fuckers who harp on about the same thing over and over again and everyone in the class just wishes they'd be quiet.

They wish they could be quiet so they can get back to drawing pictures of comic book heroes... whilst the teacher explains that the earth is actually round not flat for the 15th time...

People using Drogba are using a bad example. Drogba did have his off days where he did nothing as well, people just have short memories but more importantly he was playing in probably the best Chelsea team in their history so they were never up against it like we have been where the rest of the team haven't performed.

People using Drogba are using a bad example. Drogba did have his off days where he did nothing as well, people just have short memories but more importantly he was playing in probably the best Chelsea team in their history so they were never up against it like we have been where the rest of the team haven't performed.

You reckon drogba had days were he didn't do the job for the team? Tell yourself that if it makes you feel any better.

Mourinho hooked players off at the slightest hint of laziness - ask Joe Cole.

Fact is drogba was a pure competitor- sometimes going too far in his will to win. Nothing lazy about that fella - absolute workhorse.

Edited by Hafnia

You reckon drogba had days were he didn't do the job for the team? Tell yourself that if it makes you feel any better.

Mourinho hooked players off at the slightest hint of laziness - ask Joe Cole.

Fact is drogba was a pure competitor- sometimes going too far in his will to win. Nothing lazy about that fella - absolute workhorse.

I take it you know this for a fact because you watched every game Drogba ever played in for Chelsea so know he never had a bad game?

I take it you know this for a fact because you watched every game Drogba ever played in for Chelsea so know he never had a bad game?

Personally? Never seen him come off the pitch without having given his all - shirt often stuck soaked wet. Every time he played against us he had our centre halves in a tussle.

Even AVB praised his professionalism and integrity.

Stating that drogba was in someone inconsistent with his efforts is absolute nonsense. Just typical of the type of responses we see to dilute criticism from lukaku.

Lukaku lost 8 out of 12 aerial challenges yesterday. Lovren lost only 1 out of his 6 against Rom.... Lucas fuckin Leica was beating him in the air. How the fuck is that?

Personally? Never seen him come off the pitch without having given his all - shirt often stuck soaked wet. Every time he played against us he had our centre halves in a tussle.

Even AVB praised his professionalism and integrity.

Stating that drogba was in someone inconsistent with his efforts is absolute nonsense. Just typical of the type of responses we see to dilute criticism from lukaku.

Lukaku lost 8 out of 12 aerial challenges yesterday. Lovren lost only 1 out of his 6 against Rom.... Lucas fuckin Leica was beating him in the air. How the fuck is that?

But you haven't watched him in every game so you can't say he never had days were he was poor or never showed up for want of a better phrase.

Plus Drogba came to the league as a 26 year old. Rom is getting more physical and his touch is improving.

04-05 Drogba scored 10 in 26 and 05-06 he scored 12 in 29 in incredible Chelsea league champion teams. Not in team of the year either season nor nominated for the PFA awards but surrounded by top class players; the best in the league. 06-07 is when he came into his own at the age of 28 - top scorer, team of the year, PFA nominee (beaten by Ronaldo).

The fact Rom is where he is now probably makes Drogba a decent comparison of where he could be (at least) if he continues his excellent progress.

But you haven't watched him in every game so you can't say he never had days were he was poor or never showed up for want of a better phrase.

I will say that in every game I watched him I never once thought "bit of a lazy bastard him"... Quite the contrary.... I always thought "absolute nightmare to play against" - the way he used to get back for set pieces and threw everything into winning the ball was amazing.

How many games did I watch of him? Quite a lot given the amount of times Chelsea were on TV.

Chris Smalling said he only scored once against United in the games he played against drogba and he remains the toughest opponent he's ever faced as did puyol, carragher had him ahead of Suarez and behind Henry.

Bailey can give me the examples of these games where he was a lazy bastard. As he said drogba wasn't the best example to use.

If I'm honest my old friend Google only spat out positives when I used "drogba, work rate, lazy"....

Here's a quote from Jose....

You know ... first of all hes a team player, Mourinho said of Drogba. After that, hes one of these 'old-days mentality: not selfish, not vain, a humble guy who plays and fights for the team.

Fantastic. When he is on the bench and comes on for the last few minutes because the team needs someone to hold the ball or defend set pieces, he does that with the same enthusiasm and spirit as he does when he starts a game against Tottenham.

I'm sorry but drogba is an example of a player who put in a shift even when not scoring. He was smaller in height and build to Rom- no excuse for Rom to be getting dominated by Lucas Leiva.

If I'm honest my old friend Google only spat out positives when I used "drogba, work rate, lazy"....

Try "Drogba, sulk".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/5179526/Incredible-Sulk-Didier-Drogba-transformed-by-Guus-Hiddink.html

"“No, no, I’m the same player,” protested the Ivorian, as if all those months when he played like a bloke who looked simply desperate to be anywhere but Stamford Bridge had been a figment of our imaginations."

I will say that in every game I watched him I never once thought "bit of a lazy bastard him"... Quite the contrary.... I always thought "absolute nightmare to play against" - the way he used to get back for set pieces and threw everything into winning the ball was amazing.

How many games did I watch of him? Quite a lot given the amount of times Chelsea were on TV.

Chris Smalling said he only scored once against United in the games he played against drogba and he remains the toughest opponent he's ever faced as did puyol, carragher had him ahead of Suarez and behind Henry.

Bailey can give me the examples of these games where he was a lazy bastard. As he said drogba wasn't the best example to use.

Here's a quote from Jose....

You know ... first of all hes a team player, Mourinho said of Drogba. After that, hes one of these 'old-days mentality: not selfish, not vain, a humble guy who plays and fights for the team.

Fantastic. When he is on the bench and comes on for the last few minutes because the team needs someone to hold the ball or defend set pieces, he does that with the same enthusiasm and spirit as he does when he starts a game against Tottenham.

I'm sorry but drogba is an example of a player who put in a shift even when not scoring. He was smaller in height and build to Rom- no excuse for Rom to be getting dominated by Lucas Leiva.

You're missing the point Haf (or conveniently you ignoring it) the handful of games you've watched Drogba (compared to what he played) isn't enough for you to make a statement like that. You can post as many long posts as you like but you've never watched him regular yet are happy to say he never not had a game where he was sluggish or poor (never turned up )

Try "Drogba, sulk".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/5179526/Incredible-Sulk-Didier-Drogba-transformed-by-Guus-Hiddink.html

"No, no, Im the same player, protested the Ivorian, as if all those months when he played like a bloke who looked simply desperate to be anywhere but Stamford Bridge had been a figment of our imaginations."

when big Phil went in and dropped him and only started him 8 times in 7 months and tried to sell him so he could get Adriano?

Yeah basically he targeted drogba like gullit targeted shearer. The Sun tzu "let them know who is boss" tactic... got him the sack.

Didn't get much better for him - the Brazil side of 2014 caned him for his arrogant methods. Something to do with neymar.

Whilst it isn't gonna go on drogbas best season it's clear that he was picked on by scholari. It just so happened that when he took on drogba Chelsea were shit... pick your battles I guess.

You're missing the point Haf (or conveniently you ignoring it) the handful of games you've watched Drogba (compared to what he played) isn't enough for you to make a statement like that. You can post as many long posts as you like but you've never watched him regular yet are happy to say he never not had a game where he was sluggish or poor (never turned up )

More than a handful pad. Chelsea were a bit of a guilty pleasure when they had that team. Drogba was like watching a new breed of centre forward - like Ferguson in the air, like Henry on the deck and he had the complete game. I didn't like his diving and referee involvement.

The fact remains:- he pretty much invented the lone striker role. A bold claim? Yeah it is but it is backed up by facts. How could a lone striker under mourinho be lazy? It doesn't happen. Just doesn't happen. He was immense. And 'laziness does not apply to him.

Edited by Hafnia

Jesus Haf you amaze me. There were plenty of games where Drogba didn't add anything to the team or turn up in the big games in the way that people refer to him to criticise Lukaku. And this is Drogba in a brilliant side, not Lukaku in an Everton side which is a point you have ignored because you know that it's indisputable.

Martinez & Ron have both praised Rom in the same way AvB did. Jose couldn't have been that unhappy with him as he has tried to sign him again by all accounts.

When the team plays poorly, Rom plays poorly. You could put Drogba, Kane, Costa or whoever in that side yesterday and it wouldn't have made a jot of difference.

When the team plays poorly, Rom plays poorly. You could put Drogba, Kane, Costa or whoever in that side yesterday and it wouldn't have made a jot of difference.

Exactly. We already need at least 10 players this summer. Let's actually build around our positives rather than taking a huge step back.

Imagine Liverpool or Arsenal with Lukaku's goals this season - both teams have the creativity to provide him with twice as many chances as we do each game - either would be a lot higher as a result. More worryingly, imagine us without his goals.

We have one of the premium players in world football - let's embrace this. He's not perfect but nor are we as a club - we're still very much work in progress but it'll be a lot easier to get to where we want to get with a striker of his quality.

Jesus Haf you amaze me. There were plenty of games where Drogba didn't add anything to the team or turn up in the big games in the way that people refer to him to criticise Lukaku. And this is Drogba in a brilliant side, not Lukaku in an Everton side which is a point you have ignored because you know that it's indisputable.

Martinez & Ron have both praised Rom in the same way AvB did. Jose couldn't have been that unhappy with him as he has tried to sign him again by all accounts.

Give me the games? I'll happily look at the reports or whatever. Only one game I see where scholari used as an opportunity to get at him.

Talking about a premier league legend here. A sulky one with a tendency to cheat but dont start saying he wasnt an example of a player who put in a shift. He was immense and as stated above He was used as the blueprint for teams to play one line striker.... so yes - he is the type of player who even if not scoring would help his team out. He had the most clearances from a corner one season - something daft like that.

Back to lukaku.... he's a million miles away from being that player who helps his team out. Poor target man, can't hold up the ball, no defending from the front...

He can call out the club for lacking ambition but it's ok for him to stroll through a derby? Not the first time he's gone missing in big games.

For the last fookin time it wasn't about the team playing poorly or him playing poorly - it's about him not giving a fucking shit. Absolute disgrace but unfortunately too many if you are love sick on goal stats to even hold him accountable.

It would have made a difference if any of those other players were in ahead of him - we wouldn't have looked like we had 10 men. He actually pulled out of jumping for headers on 3 occasions... he ran to make a shoulder charge and slowed up out of it.... fuckin joke.

Unfortunately your desperation to take the argument against "Haf" is making you all try and blend lukaku into the general "team was shit" tag.... hes been rinsed by pretty much every pundit from pat nevin to peter reid throw in the likes of Gary Neville, carragher sounds and you have a resounding collection of professionals who say "he didn't try"

Edited by Hafnia

Gotta meet you one day Haf. Gotta meet the man behind the legend haha.

You have a whole thread dedicated to trying to bring you down.

Drogba is such a great example.

Haf says he never saw him have a lazy game and he is criticised as he couldn't have watched him every game.

But others say he was lazy.... and.... nothing haha!

About time this thread was taken down, not locked, taken down. It's not about Lukaku anymore.

I'm getting really jealous that Haf gets so much attention.... is he an ex Everton player or something?

Bloody hell I sound like a Haf fanboy or something haha!

Our closest family friends are Chelsea fans, my mate Al used to idolise Drogba but would openly admit he can be half arsed. Just to make the point more poignant, he felt that Lukaku would be an upgrade to Drogba eventually. Thought he offered more consistently. That didn't happen of course but the point being, Chelsea were after someone more consistent.

Edit: 2007, there were talks of them selling him. Lucky for them he kicked on.

Edited by Lowensda

Didn't Drogba openly admit several times that he's happy to cheat if it helps him win in his first 2-3 seasons?

Since then, he has grown up and now I would agree with the integrity claim (his charity work is very impressive), but during the majority of his footballing career, I'd have my doubts.

Gotta meet you one day Haf. Gotta meet the man behind the legend haha.

You have a whole thread dedicated to trying to bring you down.

Drogba is such a great example.

Haf says he never saw him have a lazy game and he is criticised as he couldn't have watched him every game.

But others say he was lazy.... and.... nothing haha!

About time this thread was taken down, not locked, taken down. It's not about Lukaku anymore.

I'm getting really jealous that Haf gets so much attention.... is he an ex Everton player or something?

Bloody hell I sound like a Haf fanboy or something haha!

It was me who said he hadn't seen all the games and not once have I said Drogba was lazy because I can't make that call because I wasn't a sth at Chelsea during his time there.

You can't just decide a player is or isn't anything unless you watch him week in week out Shukes. I also notice you conveniently ignore Hafs ask to name his bad games but then say it's not ok for someone to ask how he knows because he hasn't watched him- weird!

Fact is Haf picks any little flaw in Lukaku and beats him mercilessly with it. Those who defend him never excuse him. When he's shite they say so but they are not overly critical of anything and everything he does. Team plays badly 10 players have poor games Lukaku doesn't try- lukaku scores 3 we don't count hat-tricks, he scores goals in Europe - they don't count- abd on it goes.

I'm absolutely staggered you can't see the irony and total contradictions in his posts and the pulling of certain stats yet blatant disregard or completely ignore other stats that don't fit his argument.

Nobody here is saying Lukaku is perfect and every poster when he plays bad calls it but one poster, even when he plays well throws him the odd bone then snatches it away 2 posts later.

My major concern around lukaku is the over indulgence he receives - its off the scale. As per this thread over the last 2 days. All attention on Barkley for having a poor game - even though he clearly wasn't wanting for effort.

Before Rom had even played a game for us we had people going way OTT... much of what is being stated in the press over the last day or so is nothing other than stuff I have highlighted over the last 4 years.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for what we seen from him on Saturday. If he was a boxer he would have had his purse withheld - it was like watching audley Harrison against David haye.

How can a striker of 6ft 3 6ft 4 repeatedly lose aerial challenges to a 5ft 10 lucas leiva? How can he get shrugged off the ball so easily by a player with half his muscle?

Thus isn't the first time we've seen this in the derby or a big game - recall the game where the equally small Moreno had him in his pocket? I recall paddy mcnair being hailed as the next big thing after putting the big fella in his pocket on his second ever showing for United.

If he was outskilled, outwitted, or just never had his touch working for him - then ok.... go and join the likes of Williams, Barkley, gueye, Pennington, Robles who will have gone home absolutely gutted cos they had a stinker- it happens.

What should never happen is a footballer doesnt put in any effort.... let alone in a derby!. And that is what it was - complete lack of effort. When he actually did touch the ball he was ok - seen far worse games from him from a technical standpoint.

Watching him get dominated by Lucas Leiva is like watching a Jack Russell tear strips off a Rottweiler. As souness put it - he should never be dominated in a game, at worst he comes off the pitch 50/50 against a big centre half.... he was dominated by a little midfielder let alone the centre half.

You wanna put your head above parapet and question the ambition of the club whilst a £150k a week contract remains unsigned - then you better show your good enough and hard working enough to be able to do that.... what he did on Saturday was a complete insult to the fans.

"Lukakus right your team is shite" was the chant that came from their fans whilst he did his down tools act. He should be ashamed of himself - and the fans and manager tge indulge him get what they deserve from him.

Interesting the stories about how well respected Seamus Coleman is amongst fellow players and managers/coaches for being a spot on person and model pro. More interesting the stories about how he does not like lukaku and his "ways"... something I've highlighted on several occasions that Coleman is one of only a couple of players who will dish out bollockings to lukaku (as he did Gerry)

Interesting that lukaku being a Twitter user was the only active tweeting Everton player not to wish coleman well after his leg break.

Pad I think Haf was countering the argument against him, so I didn't conveniently ignore it mate.

My point is that it is a Lukaku thread which should be used to discuss Lukaku. It's getting more and more last thread to discuss Hafs views on Lukaku.... which I suppose could be argued is about Lukaku haha.

My view on Lukaku is that he is possibly our best player and one we should fifth tooth and nail to keep. But against Liverpool he wasn't just poor, he didn't seem arsed. Barkley tried but failed, Robles tried but failed. Lukaku didn't try and still failed.

People should get back to discussing Lukaku and not what Haf thinks of Lukaku. Is he really that important that we need to prove him wrong? Can't we just accept that Haf doesn't rate him ?