IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Not sure why people are surprised with the sides mentioned not coming in for him they've never shown any recent interest so it's just people putting two and two together and getting fuck all

Chelsea are the only side that have made murmurs in a way and he's always expressed his desire to return

Not sure why people are surprised with the sides mentioned not coming in for him they've never shown any recent interest so it's just people putting two and two together and getting fuck all

Chelsea are the only side that have made murmurs in a way and he's always expressed his desire to return

i agree paul and have said as much earlier in the thread. i always thought it was a 2 horse race with United and Chelsea. Now it seems to be a 1 horse race. i would be made up if he stays because Chelsea doesn't want him and we tie him down to another contract with a large release clause.

he was a beast in Europa league the last time, i would love to see him this upcoming campaign. i'm not bothered by the comments (i realize i'm in the minority there).

He has ended it for me.

I wouldn't stay with a girl that didnt want to be with me.

Don't want a player playing for us that doesn't want to be here.

Would rather have players that think they are lucky to play for us rather than ones that feel we are lucky to have them.

Yep.

Pointless keeping a player who just does not want to be here and who we have yet to get a full season out of despite being first name on the sheet.

Time to move on folks.

if you gave everyone on the team the chance to play champions league and compete for the league every year i think every single one of them would leave. not a big deal.

If he doesn't want to be here, And nobody wants him, He doesn't have much choice.

still on a contract. i'm sure koeman wouldn't mind keeping him around either.

if you gave everyone on the team the chance to play champions league and compete for the league every year i think every single one of them would leave. not a big deal.

You have to earn that right though! You can't just speak of it year after year. And of course you'd understand if they left in such circumstances. Correct, no big deal. I'd say he's earned his chance to have a go.

However, what is a big deal is the year after year chit chat around March time and the downing of tools. That wears thin 3 years in a row!!!

I still hope he comes to realize that Everton is his best option and that he needs to fully commit to the club.

couldnt all be forgiven then?

I don't think he will commit. Ever.

His best place is here but he's burnt bridges with the fans, mostly anyway.

I just think his attitude has been poor and I want us to get a fat fee for him and move on.

BUT if, massive IF, he stays...he'll get the support like players should and then we'll wait and see.

You have to earn that right though! You can't just speak of it year after year. And of course you'd understand if they left in such circumstances. Correct, no big deal. I'd say he's earned his chance to have a go.

However, what is a big deal is the year after year chit chat around March time and the downing of tools. That wears thin 3 years in a row!!!

he scored 25 odd goals, he did. only one better was kane and he is in CL. dudes below him in CL. he earned it.

still on a contract. i'm sure koeman wouldn't mind keeping him around either.

MJB- it's all very well speaking about ambitions to play in champions league... rather than helping the team get there by upping his game against the top 6 clubs (which are ultimately the determining factor in getting into top 4) he has just spouted endless shit about how he needs to move.

Sick to the back teeth of him. The arrogant fucker has stuck the boot into our club time after time and yet he still has people who somehow think he may be an asset?

His suitcase has been packed a long time. He couldn't be arsed putting in a shift in big games- why would he be happy to stay at our club and put any effort in going forward.

.....Waits for the response where his team mates get accused of being shit in games vs top 6 recalling that none of them have spouted endless shot about needing to play champions league.

Edited by Hafnia

MJB- it's all very well speaking about ambitions to play in champions league... rather than helping the team get there by upping his game against the top 6 clubs (which are ultimately the determining factor in getting into top 4) he has just spouted endless shit about how he needs to move.

Sick to the back teeth of him. The arrogant fucker has stuck the boot into our club time after time and yet he still has people who somehow think he may be an asset?

His suitcase has been packed a long time. He couldn't be arsed putting in a shift in big games- why would he be happy to stay at our club and put any effort in going forward.

.....Waits for the response where his team mates get accused of being shit in games vs top 6 recalling that none of them have spouted endless shot about needing to play champions league.

regardless of what he has said if no one wants him he's stuck here. if Sandro/other players we sign turn out to be better and take his position, great i'm happy as a clam. if not, we've got a proven premier league goal scorer and he can play anywhere across that front 3. might need to sit a game or 2 as koeman has a word with him (like he did with morgan at Soton) but i'm sure he'd come around.

Edited by markjazzbassist

regardless of what he has said if no one wants him he's stuck here. if Sandro/other players we sign turn out to be better and take his position, great i'm happy as a clam. if not, we've got a proven premier league goal scorer and he can play anywhere across that front 3. might need to sit a game or 2 as koeman has a word with him (like he did with morgan at Soton) but i'm sure he'd come around.

Sure he'd come around? Are you dreaming?

HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE AT EVERTON.... WHY DO YOU WANT HIM HERE?

he's a budget level player when he's not arsed. At this moment his value is at its highest.

I don't want player who don't want to be here. I don't think he's ever had any affection or love for us. We are just a vehicle for him to score goals.

Sure he'd come around? Are you dreaming?

HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE AT EVERTON.... WHY DO YOU WANT HIM HERE?

he's a budget level player when he's not arsed. At this moment his value is at its highest.

I don't want player who don't want to be here. I don't think he's ever had any affection or love for us. We are just a vehicle for him to score goals.

I don't believe that for one second however the way he's spoken about the club, have been very disrespectful.

I don't believe that for one second however the way he's spoken about the club, have been very disrespectful.

I think many fans want to think that that he feels something for the club. A player who year after year makes sounds about moving... who never really wanted to sign in the first place (he was waiting for a better option after his loan) has never had us in his heart.

In years to come he will look back and realise that he never had it better. I'm certain of that.

+1

The fucker only let us really enjoy him the year he was on loan, after that has been nothing but mither. He's Roberto's player, we've got a new management team and it's time for a fresh start with players who are prepared to buy into the project 100%.

Edited by Chach

Personally, I think he's getting a raw deal in our comments. He's not said he doesn't want to be at Everton; he's said he wants to play at the CL league level. That's different, and I don't blame him. Very recently, he and other players have dropped hints about his possible future elsewhere, but why ever not? The media are following them like shadows, constantly pushing for comments, and players get excited about the possibility to play for a CL team. I don't blame Rom for that either. I can think of several players who really have turned on their team, making very inappropriate comments, but Rom is not one of them. Do we complain when our targets drop a small hint that they're hoping to join? Of course not.

Personally, I think he's getting a raw deal in our comments. He's not said he doesn't want to be at Everton; he's said he wants to play at the CL league level. That's different, and I don't blame him. Very recently, he and other players have dropped hints about his possible future elsewhere, but why ever not? The media are following them like shadows, constantly pushing for comments, and players get excited about the possibility to play for a CL team. I don't blame Rom for that either. I can think of several players who really have turned on their team, making very inappropriate comments, but Rom is not one of them. Do we complain when our targets drop a small hint that they're hoping to join? Of course not.

I'm pretty sure that during a recent interview, he said he won't/doesn't want to be at Everton next season.

It's the whole thing with Lukaku, not just a single comment. It's a build up of many things all coming together to create resentment from a growing number of fans.