IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That's a lie!

You dispise him so much that you'd sooner see players from another team win accolades above him - even though it may benefit Everton Football Club.

It's baffling.

Is not being arsed about him not negative enough?

He's not arsed about us so why you arsed about him?

What's baffling is the sad state of affairs that has led to some fans treating the golden boot for a wantaway as some sort of intertoto fuckin cup.... get a grip.

We are Everton football club... He wants off... let him go and stop this pathetic fawning over a player who doesn't deserve it.

So you're OK with individual awards if the player measures up to your standards but you're not if he doesn't, fair enough. Southall was superb but the ultimate "who gives a shit about the team it's all about my performance" man, the trait you despise in Rom. He was totally aloof, didn't celebrate, sulked in his goalmouth etc etc but you loved him all the same. Don't get it.

He actually probably wouldn't have been on his mobile last Friday because he'd have fucked off home.

If he won the golden glove I wouldn't be arsed.... the golden glove or golden boot doesn't necessarily equal the best. He epitomized everything you wanted in a keeper and an amazing consistent, trophy winning season seen him get an award.

Southall loved the club... still loves the club. Hasn't sold his true opinion to be some paid mouthpiece for the club.

He didn't protest... He says to this day it wasn't a protest and he had a stinker and needed to clear his head. He had done this before at plough lane....

A perfectionist who worked his fuckin balls off.... trained harder than any player.... demanded more from his team mates than any other player. Was reliable in the biggest of games.

A legend who lukaku can't ever be mentioned in the same breath as.

But yeah.... let's get all titty lipped cos a player who wants out isn't gonna win golden boot cos he stopped giving a shit weeks ago.

Edited by Hafnia

Is not being arsed about him not negative enough?

He's not arsed about us so why you arsed about him?

What's baffling is the sad state of affairs that has led to some fans treating the golden boot for a wantaway as some sort of intertoto fuckin cup.... get a grip.

We are Everton football club... He wants off... let him go and stop this pathetic fawning over a player who doesn't deserve it.

I'm fine with him going, would prefer us to keep a player of his quality, but I know we'll get top dollar and I trust Koeman and Walsh to improve us regardless.

Of course I want an Everton player to win over a Spurs or Arsenal player because I support Everton. If there's an international game which doesn't involve England or a home nation the determining factor on who I want to win is whoever's got an Everton player playing for them.

I don't think anyone is making a major fuss over him bar yourself. Most want him to stay but aren't going to lose sleep when he enevitably leaves...

Kane definitely can show Lukaku a thing or two about work rate and taking chances... but look at the players around Kane. They score/assist more than our current crop. They open up more oppurtunities for him. We desperately need to improve behind the striker, regardless of Lukaku.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Kane definitely can show Lukaku a thing or two about work rate and taking chances... but look at the players around Kane. They score/assist more than our current crop. They open up more oppurtunities for him. We desperately need to improve behind the striker, regardless of Lukaku.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We need Barkley to be better or to buy better than Barkley. Compare him to Son, Eriksen, Alli... embarrassing really.

We need Barkley to be better or to buy better than Barkley. Compare him to Son, Eriksen, Alli... embarrassing really.

No doubt. We don't have enough players behind the striker chipping in with goals/assists. We need a key playmaker. Barkley is an amazing dribbler, but he (and others) is not creating enough.

I also want to point out that Kane has 5 penalty goals; Lukaku has zero. Just saying.

It's actually been validated....

So much for the 20 goal striker "essential"... mularky.

Fact is... take away 15 of his goals against the cannon fodder and replace them with "all round performances" against the top 6 and we would be pushing for 4th.

Said this all along.

This is completely bogus statistic. I just wasted an hour of my life checking this out, but...this conclusion is true for every single player on the Everton team! It may have escaped your attention, but football is a team sport and not an individual sport.

Guest rusty747

Most of us.

How can you separate the two? The individuals make up the team, you can't support one without the other; taken to the extreme, "I support Everton but I can't stand any of their players because they're all crap".

Or, how about 'Because I support Everton we must do what is best for the team and that occasionally means difficult choices have to be made.'

Haf come on mate just except what he is! Yes he chats shit! Yes he can be a lazy fuck! But he's still our best striker we have had for a very long time. Say we get a new striker in an get rid of rom and the new lid scores 10 goals next season and we finish 9th because he hasn't scored 20 but them extra 10 goals would make us 4th would you be happy with that? The new lads got a better touch can sing u a lullaby and can pirouette like in dirty dancing but still hold the ball. Are you happy? Goals win games mate and we not getting better than rom with no champions league and no pull yet to bring someone better in! Name me 5 better strikers we can get next season! Go!

Edited by coxy051

Wow some serious head wobbles going on here....

First off... the golden boot goes to the individual who scored the most goals... could be 30 penalties, 30 that bounced off their arse or whatever.... it's not the ballon dor. And it most certainly isn't something that goes up on a list of team honours.

The red shite will be doing their usual piss take of "you bringing out a Rom golden boot dvd" as a dig at us winning fuck all.

All the talk about Harry Kane having a better team around him is bollocks. He has scored 2 more goals having had one more shot than Rom over the season... He has a higher shots on target percentage too.

Rom is the sole focal point of our attacks... Kane had alli as a second striker who has scored around 20 goals himself. Kane has assisted more goals. Kane has missed 7 games more than Rom.

You can't say he doesn't deserve it.

Maybe if Rom never did his usual "finish the season in march" act then he may have won it.

But as I said before.... the only trophy I want is with Evertons name on. Not a player who year after year talks about leaving at critical stages of the season, moans at players whilst trotting round doing fuck all, tries to Nick individual goals off young lads, who can't be arsed acknowledging the fans.

Not even gonna quote that shite Haf has just posted. Sole focal point? I've watched games were we haven't even give him a shot. Put Eriksen in this side and we'd be in the top four. Swap Lukaku for Ronaldo or anyone and we'd still be 7th.

The whole team looks like it's been on holiday and going through the motions the past few weeks, so I don't know why the anger aimed towards Lukaku is so disproportionate tbh.

We are a team that is playing pedestrian football all over the pitch. It's been like watching a Martinez side pass the ball about at granny pace, go absolutely nowhere, and have players standing around not moving off the ball.

The whole team looks like it's been on holiday and going through the motions the past few weeks, so I don't know why the anger aimed towards Lukaku is so disproportionate tbh.

We are a team that is playing pedestrian football all over the pitch. It's been like watching a Martinez side pass the ball about at granny pace, go absolutely nowhere, and have players standing around not moving off the ball.

It's Lukakus fault- everything this season from Barkley being shite to not being able to get a signal is Lukakus fault.

I'm waiting to hear how its the rest of the teams fault that he didn't so much as challenge for one ball in the derby... that it was the rest of the teams fault that against man United he was more interested in shooting from ridiculous places or not playing mirallas in for a certain goal to make it 2-0... that it was the rest of the teams fault that he lost the ball stupidly in injury time 2 on 2 which led to the penalty incident and us surrendering 2 points.

It's probably the rest of the teams fault that he's had more shots on goal than any other striker in the league.... along with fact that nearly all his goals have come from inside the box.

It's probably the rest of the teams fault that he drops interview bombs about wanting away... it's probably the rest of the teams fault for not taking the mobile phone off him in the lap of appreciation.

Edited by Hafnia

Not even gonna quote that shite Haf has just posted. Sole focal point? I've watched games were we haven't even give him a shot. Put Eriksen in this side and we'd be in the top four. Swap Lukaku for Ronaldo or anyone and we'd still be 7th.

I may just quote your shite about Kane being a one season wonder instead.

I may just quote your shite about Kane being a one season wonder instead.

Go for it. Post how he can't hit a barn for door England or at any other club he's played for whilst you're at it. If you don't recognise Spurs midfield as the difference, you mustn't have a full understanding of football.

Go for it. Post how he can't hit a barn for door England or at any other club he's played for whilst you're at it. If you don't recognise Spurs midfield as the difference, you mustn't have a full understanding of football.

I fully understand football thanks... I more so understand the role of a striker or importance of the role other than goal stats.

I called out why Kane would be top class 3 years ago. I also called out the lingering issue of lukakus attitude a long time ago.

Kanes movement is absolutely world class. Lukakus movement can't even get service from the likes of De bruyne, hazard etc for his country. Arg7e that all day long if you want.

I'm waiting to hear how its the rest of the teams fault that he didn't so much as challenge for one ball in the derby... that it was the rest of the teams fault that against man United he was more interested in shooting from ridiculous places or not playing mirallas in for a certain goal to make it 2-0... that it was the rest of the teams fault that he lost the ball stupidly in injury time 2 on 2 which led to the penalty incident and us surrendering 2 points.

It's probably the rest of the teams fault that he's had more shots on goal than any other striker in the league.... along with fact that nearly all his goals have come from inside the box.

It's probably the rest of the teams fault that he drops interview bombs about wanting away... it's probably the rest of the teams fault for not taking the mobile phone off him in the lap of appreciation.

So it's ok to blame Barkleys poor season on Lukaku but we can't blame anyone for Lukaku being poor at times.

So it's ok to blame Barkleys poor season on Lukaku but we can't blame anyone for Lukaku being poor at times.

When Barkley is shite he is shite.

I have identified the fact that lukakus movement doesn't help Barkley... because it doesn't much of the time.

Lukaku makes runs that "if the ball finds him" it's a pretty certain goal.... the problem is these runs are ridiculous. He doesn't consider the path he makes and how easy it is for an opponent to intercept. Which is why he often gets lofted balls.

Look at kanes goals last night... He does what Fowler and shearer used to do... feigns to go forward - stops. The defender has dropped back 10 yards- in which time he's made to space to get the pass. Defender commits to him and he shifts and shoots.

He did the same against us for the first goal.

He makes it look easy.

I fully understand football thanks... I more so understand the role of a striker or importance of the role other than goal stats.

I called out why Kane would be top class 3 years ago. I also called out the lingering issue of lukakus attitude a long time ago.

Kanes movement is absolutely world class. Lukakus movement can't even get service from the likes of De bruyne, hazard etc for his country. Arg7e that all day long if you want.

Proof is in the pudding, Harry Kane world class? :afro2:

Proof is in the pudding, Harry Kane world class? :afro2:

I said top class. I'm actually refusing to use world class any more... it means fuck all. Unless someone can tell me the definition....

Harry kane has scored 20+ prem goals 3 years in a row in the premier league.... thats top class.

You are best just holding your hands up.