IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Dybala is the type of player we need. Watched him the other night. Sensational. Completely rounded in all aspects of the game.

Reminds me of Suarez.

Every club needs a Dybala- him, Suarez, Aguero, Tevez, Icardi- class players who are unfortunately out of reach to us currently. We need to be winning the top honours to even dream about this calibre of player.

Every club needs a Dybala- him, Suarez, Aguero, Tevez, Icardi- class players who are unfortunately out of reach to us currently. We need to be winning the top honours to even dream about this calibre of player.

Agreed. Until we prove we're consistently going to be in CL then we won't be seeing these types of players.

If he goes then we need to find 30 goals across the rest of the team. So we're talking about getting into a moneyball situation, and it just doesn't work.

Liverpool have never replaced Suarez's goals, and they are a much more attractive club to sign for than us. They have not challenged for the title since.

When Rom leaves we'll have a big gap to fill.

On the plus side, still enjoying him playing. His goal yesterday was brilliant. If anyone saw his interview with Carragher when he said to him "if I turn you like this it's finished" is exactly what he's been doing the last few weeks. The lad is an animal when he does that, I love seeing it. It's almost as good to watch as Baines/Pienaar.

Dybala at juve and only place he's going is Barca. You daft haf? That's like saying Messi he's a player we need. Pipe dreams.

I said that he's the "type" of player we need. No - we won't sign him but we could be the team that signs a player like him before he proves how good he is like many city almost were ... they bought Bony instead.

There will be a list of players on scouting books who are of a similar "style"... that's walshes job.

hes claimed Kone is a better footballer so.....

:P

There are many players who are better "footballers" than lukaku.... loads. Many of them aren't worth a fraction of what lukaku is. Kone at the time I said it was a better footballer than Lukaku...

Mikel Arteta was a far better "footballer" than Frank Lampard. Who would I have picked in my team? Lampard.

' first player since Dixie To score in 9 consecutive home games ' End of argument for me

It ends any argument that he doesn't score against shite teams - that's for sure.

Burnley

Leicester x 2

Hull

West Brom

Man city (fair enough)

Southampton

Bournemouth

Probably discrediting him there - unfairly. It is a good feat - it was this time last year when he went in a 13 match run without scoring.

There is no argument that he is a goalscorer. That's why he's worth supposed daft money.

If he was able to do the stuff he isn't good at to a decent level he would be at real Madrid. But he isn't and that's why we will see teams of a level or so below that maybe test the water.

Edited by Hafnia

It ends any argument that he doesn't score against shite teams - that's for sure.

Burnley

Leicester x 2

Hull

West Brom

Man city (fair enough)

Southampton

Bournemouth

Probably discrediting him there - unfairly. It is a good feat - it was this time last year when he went in a 13 match run without scoring.

There is no argument that he is a goalscorer. That's why he's worth supposed daft money.

If he was able to do the stuff he isn't good at to a decent level he would be at real Madrid. But he isn't and that's why we will see teams of a level or so below that maybe test the water.

Haf give it up , you have been spectacularly wrong about him , get over it

You wrote him off as a 20 year old saying he was the finished article, that neither his game nor his touch would improve

You nailed your colours to the mast stating we would never recoup the £28m we spent on him

It should be the vaulting of all vaults !

The records keep tumbling for him yet you are intent on discrediting him

He is the leading scorer in the Premier League , he has been nominated for both the PFA young player of the year and the PFA player of the year , does that not tell you something ?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Haf give it up , you have been spectacularly wrong about him , get over it

You wrote him off as a 20 year old saying he was the finished article, that neither his game nor his touch would improve

You nailed your colours to the mast stating we would never recoup the £28m we spent on him

It should be the vaulting of all vaults !

The records keep tumbling for him yet you are intent on discrediting him

He is the leading scorer in the Premier League , he has been nominated for both the PFA young player of the year and the PFA player of the year , does that not tell you something ?

Things I've been wrong about:-

We would struggle to get our money back.

We will clearly double it.

Don't really know what else I've been wrong about. His touch is still shite. Albeit far better than I thought it would be - it is still fuckin poor for a prem footballer and if you tell me otherwise then you are talking shite.

Records tumbling? What records??? That he's scored more than the shite we bought in before him? Because that's all it points to and it's embarrassing for the club that we are getting carried away because we have someone who has broken the 20 prem goal mark.

Unfortunately I had the misfortune of hearing a red shite fan take the piss out of an Everton fan (They were mates having a pint).... the Everton fan was laying a bet that lukaku would get golden boot and that the red shite was just pissed off they never had a player who could score goals at the rate of lukaku.

Next thing the red shite names sturridge, Suarez, Torres, Owen, Fowler.... 5 players who he seen score more than lukaku. Not good is it.... next he said "you will probably bring out a DVD for it"

I genuinely hope many of you have enjoyed watching him - I've argued my case for why I don't rate him as highly and it still stands why. The reasons haven't gone away - much of it is because of his attitude a bit of it is down to technical deficiencies.

I haven't been able to enjoy him - not because I've nailed my colours to the mast - I'm a bigger person than that. He has made it difficult for me to like him because he doesn't get Everton- he doesn't respect us the way he should.

That aside he has never shown me for an extended period or certainly in key games that he is a man to be relied on. He does it when he feels like he can do it. He is easily beaten psychologically by the better centre halves and he let's his team down.

I enjoyed Rooney - no player has ever come close to giving the buzz I got from watching him and I was sick to the stomach when he went - absolutely gutted. He had that x factor that ive not seen before in a blue shirt.

Lukaku may end up getting 25 prem goals this season. It will take his average to something like 16 or 17 per season for us. I honestly believe that we will get a striker in who can improve us in this team by selling lukaku... simple as that.

I think he'll go on to be a similar player to Drogba. Never going to be easy on the eye but the goal record will always be there. He'll win a lot of trophys. He's just a natural goalscorer and they are few and far between at the top level. I think he'd get in the majority of sides in Europe. He'll get a lot more clear cut chances at the bigger clubs.

First touch for his goal yesterday was bang on.

Got bored after that.

Bang on how? It was a 5-10 yard pass to him on the deck that arrived at a trickle whilst he was holding his man.

His turn was spot on - but ffs are you going to give him marks for spelling his own name right? The roll made the goal- to praise his first touch for the goal is almost highlighting the fact that you expect him to screw it up.

The goal was all about the use of his body to guage which way to go and the finish. Of which both were top notch. Thr touch?

Edited by Hafnia

I think he'll go on to be a similar player to Drogba. Never going to be easy on the eye but the goal record will always be there. He'll win a lot of trophys. He's just a natural goalscorer and they are few and far between at the top level. I think he'd get in the majority of sides in Europe. He'll get a lot more clear cut chances at the bigger clubs.

spot on.

Things I've been wrong about:-

We would struggle to get our money back.

We will clearly double it.

Don't really know what else I've been wrong about. His touch is still shite. Albeit far better than I thought it would be - it is still fuckin poor for a prem footballer and if you tell me otherwise then you are talking shite.

Records tumbling? What records??? That he's scored more than the shite we bought in before him? Because that's all it points to and it's embarrassing for the club that we are getting carried away because we have someone who has broken the 20 prem goal mark.

Unfortunately I had the misfortune of hearing a red shite fan take the piss out of an Everton fan (They were mates having a pint).... the Everton fan was laying a bet that lukaku would get golden boot and that the red shite was just pissed off they never had a player who could score goals at the rate of lukaku.

Next thing the red shite names sturridge, Suarez, Torres, Owen, Fowler.... 5 players who he seen score more than lukaku. Not good is it.... next he said "you will probably bring out a DVD for it"

I genuinely hope many of you have enjoyed watching him - I've argued my case for why I don't rate him as highly and it still stands why. The reasons haven't gone away - much of it is because of his attitude a bit of it is down to technical deficiencies.

I haven't been able to enjoy him - not because I've nailed my colours to the mast - I'm a bigger person than that. He has made it difficult for me to like him because he doesn't get Everton- he doesn't respect us the way he should.

That aside he has never shown me for an extended period or certainly in key games that he is a man to be relied on. He does it when he feels like he can do it. He is easily beaten psychologically by the better centre halves and he let's his team down.

I enjoyed Rooney - no player has ever come close to giving the buzz I got from watching him and I was sick to the stomach when he went - absolutely gutted. He had that x factor that ive not seen before in a blue shirt.

Lukaku may end up getting 25 prem goals this season. It will take his average to something like 16 or 17 per season for us. I honestly believe that we will get a striker in who can improve us in this team by selling lukaku... simple as that.

Haf I sometimes laugh at your hate towards Lukaku but I get it. He isn't a blue like us who loves the club year after year but what he is is the best striker we have had in years and where talking a lot of years! He's here to score goals he's a striker! Yes his touch isn't Zidan like his all round game and effort isn't Ronaldo like! But he dose what a striker is there for and scores goals. That's what he's there for and he dose that better than any striker in the league and he's only going to get better. The lad isn't even in his prime yet and look how many goals he's scored. Stop arguing about him and just except what he is and enjoy him while we have got him. If or when he goes we will struggle to replace him. There's no way on earth we will get a better striker for 28 million. Just take the vaulting you wont have to worry about him soon when he's gone somewhere else and scores another shit load for another team. Or will u worry?? And still slate him when he's banging the goals in for someone else?? Move along the bus lad this thread is boring now! Someone delete it and make a new thread please! Lukaku the record breaker would be a good start.