IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Until we failed to beat Liverpool and United, yes. We could be fifth, pushing fourth, right now - and that would have enticed him. Instead, we're seventh.

I honestly don't think it would have.

I think he wants to move on now, rather than wait with us while we hopefully move on over the next few years.

All I expect is that, at this moment in time, he keeps scoring goals that helps us win points. We'll deal with the rest at the end of the season.

I think he wants to move on now, rather than wait with us while we hopefully move on over the next few years.

All I expect is that, at this moment in time, he keeps scoring goals that helps us win points. We'll deal with the rest at the end of the season.

also agreed

Ali will get young, Ibrahimavic will get player a million percent I reckon.

Surprised Mane isn't in it, he's had an excellent season.

Ibrahimavic doesn't stand a chance, Kante will win at a canter. About 1/10 with the bookies, Ibra 20/1; if you really believe it Pad get your house on it, you could retire!

Your right mate what will be will be, and what happens will be dealt with when it happens, if he stays great if he goes we move on and go forward.

Exactly this. He says he won't sign the current contract on the table. He didn't say he won't sign a contract full stop.

He said "he will not sign "A" new contract" then goes on about how Didier drogba may tell him where lukaku will be next.

Come on lads.... ffs his case is literally packed.

Been thinking about this more.

Ali isn't going to get young player because he is a media darling.

He is going to get it because he is head and shoulders above anyone else, including Ross.

He has scored 16 goals this season, that's more than most forward players.

We hate to admit it, but that's on Gerrard and Lampard level!

Been thinking about this more.

Ali isn't going to get young player because he is a media darling.

He is going to get it because he is head and shoulders above anyone else, including Ross.

He has scored 16 goals this season, that's more than most forward players.

We hate to admit it, but that's on Gerrard and Lampard level!

So he should be up for the main award. No problem with that opinion. Just that winning YP against people who are also up for the big one is a nonsense, makes the whole thing look stupid.

He said "he will not sign "A" new contract" then goes on about how Didier drogba may tell him where lukaku will be next.

Come on lads.... ffs his case is literally packed.

I just read back the transcript and your right. I misread it originally.

He plays it down though and his comments after suggest it's not all a lost cause.

Anything can happen, they say they will stay and then they go and likewise they say they will leave and then they sign a new deal.

I dont believe he signs a new contract until I see it and likewise I don't believe he leaves until the deal is announced. I don't care what happens in between!

This "I want Champions League Football" is utter bollocks. It's just a stick to beat Everton with whilst keeping the fans onside.

Players aren't motivated by success and glory. They are motivated by the size of their salary. It's well known in the England set up that players rip each other over the size of their salary.

When a player says "I want Champions League Football" what they really mean is "I want Champions League wages, at least £200,000 a week"

That's why players are running off to China and it's why England as an international football team are a farce, the players simple don't care.

I absolutely guarantee that if Man Utd finish 6th and offer Lukaku £250,000 a week then he will be gone. There is no Champions League football there and no guarantee of it either because they are way behind Chelsea and Spurs and arguably no better than Liverpool, City, Arsenal or even ourselves.

Almost every athlete wants to play at the top level, Rom included. I'm not condoning how he's gone about it, however place yourself in his shoes. He's one of the best strikers in the world and he's at a club who finished 11th in back to back seasons and are about to finish 7th. As a professional it's acceptable for him to aim for the highest level, and highest wages. Nothing wrong with wanting to earn more money in your career.

You're right, he might go to Man United who offer him astronomical wages with no CL football, but they're on track to gain CL football in the next couple of seasons and will attract huge names to help them get it. In the next 3 years would you be surprised to see them battling for the league with Morinho in charge along with more huge name signings? I wouldn't.

I don't think he would go to China for 500k+ a week. I genuinely think he wants to play at the top level.

How do you expect him to react? "I'must happy here battling for Europa League football?"

Not a chance.

If I was him I would be disappointed that one of the best strikers on the world couldn't get a team that also has some of the better players in the worlds best league into the champions league.

I would probably be thinking that I am not making as much difference as I originally thought.

He's holding the club up to ridicule, he only stayed last season because nobody came in for him, so I hope the club don't go on their knees to him this time.

I hope they make an announcement that he is up for sale and finally get shut, he's proving to be a disruptive influence so it's time to get rid and move on.

We will survive without him, as we have survived previously after losing better players than him.

Edited by Bill

Almost every athlete wants to play at the top level, Rom included. I'm not condoning how he's gone about it, however place yourself in his shoes. He's one of the best strikers in the world and he's at a club who finished 11th in back to back seasons and are about to finish 7th. As a professional it's acceptable for him to aim for the highest level, and highest wages. Nothing wrong with wanting to earn more money in your career.

You're right, he might go to Man United who offer him astronomical wages with no CL football, but they're on track to gain CL football in the next couple of seasons and will attract huge names to help them get it. In the next 3 years would you be surprised to see them battling for the league with Morinho in charge along with more huge name signings? I wouldn't.

I don't think he would go to China for 500k+ a week. I genuinely think he wants to play at the top level.

How do you expect him to react? "I'must happy here battling for Europa League football?"

Not a chance.

If ManU win the Europa League (which they have a very good shot at) they will play CL next season.

Lukaku leaving will be a huge blow to the attractability of Everton for other star players. If Everton can't keep hold of its best players because they want to move to "a bigger club", players the likes of Mata, who was rumoured to sign for Everton last season, will never come. To avoid this perception problem, Everton should just pay him massive wages. Look at it as a sort of fee to show Everton is a major player from now on.

Anyway, if Everton sell him for 65+m, it'll turn out to be a great investment. But after Moshiri arriving, it wasn't supposed to be about that any more.

I see that his long term future is an issue. I don't see him being a disruptive influence. I see him still being a part of a team who are in good form and scoring goals.

We need to find a solution. I'd keep him here for next season. If he still wants that move the following summer when we will agree to sell him, he will need to keep scoring goals.

One of the best strikers in the World? He's not close. If he was the likes of real,Barca, and Bayern would be in for him.

Hasn't shut the fuck up about moving in the 4 years he's been here.

Champions league? Whenever I've seen him against top level defenders he is very quiet.

Edited by Hafnia

Making the the club look foolish, continually​ rabbiting about wanting to leave and telling us and the universe that we are not good enough for him and won't sign a contract. If he was in any other profession​ he would have been fxxkxd off a long time ago.