IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I can see the contradictions with 90% of the posts on here, including my own.

I'm just more bothered about my own opinions and what I think than anyone else's.

You got to admit Pad that there are a few on here who very rarely say Anything was Roms fault. But still Haf is the main subject. I don't think Bailey, for example, is a Chelsea fan. I think he is one of the better posters on here and has an excellent knowledge of the game. But did anyone ask him how he made his judgement on Drogba?

They both came back at each other with snippets and opinions of others. It's a good debate.

Let's just sell him and all get back to being Everton fans again.

"players didn't play at the level they did before in other games, i spoke to romelu, he was not sharp and was tired"

"he's the top scorer of the league, why now we critsize rom. he's a great striker he works hard, he's human he's not always a 10, that's football. if you don't play football then you don't understand"

koeman

so he's had a word with rom, let's hope he's back to his best against united.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Wow, this is a huge clutch at those straws even by your standards! I will stick my neck out and say that Rom will have 100% wished Coleman well - IN PRIVATE. Not everyone feels they need to tell the world when they've just had a shit, sadly not many these days, but there's still a few out there.

Not a clutch been told a few times... it was also on one of the sites confirmed by a few people. It's no biggy either way - footballers don't have to get on.

Interesting that he told koeman he was tired - he played just 13 minutes against Russia. Coutinho and firminho had just played 2 games in South America.

I expect to see him have a game tomorrow - personally I wouldn't start him.

Not a clutch been told a few times... it was also on one of the sites confirmed by a few people. It's no biggy either way - footballers don't have to get on.

Interesting that he told koeman he was tired - he played just 13 minutes against Russia. Coutinho and firminho had just played 2 games in South America.

I expect to see him have a game tomorrow - personally I wouldn't start him.

You're commenting on Lukaku not wishing him well on social media - nothing to do with their personal relationship. Lukaku no doubt wished him well - he doesn't need to do this on his official twitter or Facebook or instagram or whatever else there is just so his 1 million followers can retweet it. Call me old fashioned, but I think a personal one to one message holds more sentiment.

I'm sure Rom publicly wished Seamus the best in his interviews while on international duty.

Can't remember which one, but I'm sure he did.

He did, he basically said "I wish him well and we'll look after him when he gets to Finch Farm" He may be preoccupied by his own ambition but not to the point where he's disinterested in the well being of his colleagues/friends. Not even Davies mentioned Coleman on Instagram, so there's really nothing in it.

You're commenting on Lukaku not wishing him well on social media - nothing to do with their personal relationship. Lukaku no doubt wished him well - he doesn't need to do this on his official twitter or Facebook or instagram or whatever else there is just so his 1 million followers can retweet it. Call me old fashioned, but I think a personal one to one message holds more sentiment.

spot on

Seeing as Costa has been held up as a striker that even when he's not scoring he's causing problems I'll just leave this comment here from a Chelsea fan -

Agree on costa. Hes been nothing short of useless since jan. We are basically playing without a number 9 for half a season. We need a morata type of striker who will score tap ins.

Seeing as Costa has been held up as a striker that even when he's not scoring he's causing problems I'll just leave this comment here from a Chelsea fan -

Another player who wants away and is letting it show on the pitch just what a poor person he is.

I'd quite like Chelsea to stick him 8n the reserves till his contract ends.

Edited by Hafnia

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2017/epl-player-of-the-month-march

A quote about Seamus in here:

EA SPORTS™ spoke to Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, after the Belgian was crowned the EA SPORTS™ Player of the Month for March. He gave us his thoughts on how it felt to have won the award and what his targets are for the season.

This is the first time you’ve won this award; how does it feel?

I’m really happy. It gives me a boost; the team and I are doing really well at the minute. I would like to thank the team and the staff and also the Belgian national team as they’ve all helped me throughout my journey in football. The season isn’t over yet and we want to do even better than we are already doing.

You scored 4 goals this month, making you the top goal scorer in the league with 21 goals, what do you put this excellent form down to?

Hard work, continuous hard work and dedication. I give my best every day in training and in games; this is the only way that I know how to play football. I always want to win and that’s the same with my teammates. At the moment we are doing really well and we need to continue like this.

All four of your goals this month have come late on, is there something you’re doing as a team to ensure you’re on top come the latter stages of the game?

Physically we’ve been working hard this year and I feel my fitness levels have been improving throughout the year. I ensure I am focused throughout the game whether that is making a chance for myself or receiving the ball from a teammate to score.

What parts of your game do you feel have improved the most?

Everything. I think I’ve proven that I’ve improved every part of my game. I have always been scoring goals and now the quality of goals I am scoring is better. I can now create chances to score for myself, and I have scored a free kick this year too. I have been scoring a lot more headers and my overall finishing has improved a lot. My overall play has improved but I want to give a lot more as I go through my journey in football.

How important is having that mental strength as well as that physical strength?

Since a young age I have always believed in my ability. I always knew I could score goals, but it was the way I was scoring goals. I used to have one way of scoring goals but now I can score goals in multiple ways. I want to learn and improve, every coach I have had throughout my career has helped me. Sometimes I haven’t had the greatest relationship with some coaches but helped me in my football journey.

What are your personal motivations for the rest of the season?

I want to create history at the club. I want to push for a top four spot and I think we must aim for this. Personally, I just want to improve and become a better player than I am today.

You had a successful international break with Belgium but obviously your teammate Seamus Coleman did not as he picked up that injury, do you have a message for him?

I sent him a message that night and we as a team are going to do our best for him to make sure he is comfortable when he comes back into the team. He always gives 100% to the team and is a leader in the dressing room. It is really sad that this happened to him.

Do you play much FIFA 17 yourself?

All the time. Everyday.

Who is the best FIFA 17 player at the club?

Me. Funes Mori is also very good.

Gana Gueye saw his FIFA 17 rating increase by +6 in the ratings refresh in February, how good has he been this season?

He’s been really good. He’s been one of the signings of the season for me, he improved the team in midfield by making so many challenges. He allows us to control the game a lot more which we were lacking slightly last year. He’s given us this control through his work rate, passing and his dedication. He is someone that we really need.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Scored more against top 6 than any other striker. Doesn't try though.

https://twitter.com/efcpeoplesclub/status/849299072364294147

No he didn't try on Saturday- we played Liverpool and he didn't try.

That's a convenient sample size (2 against a leaky city and 1 when getting an fell over).... I think this article gives a better indication.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/06/flat-track-bully-uncomfortable-figures-for-everton-striker-romel/

At the time of the article (Feb this year) it states he's scored 3 goals in the ladt 30 prem games vs top 6 teams. I personally though it was more than that - not much more like.

A different article

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/10/romelu-lukakus-record-against-top-teams-stops-him-being-world-cl/

Edited by Hafnia

Above is a fine example of why people find your input in this thread boring Haf. You've ignored the positives (ambitions to make history with EFC/ words about Coleman) and looked straight to where you can get a negative or dig in. This thread is most active when there's a contract dispute, comment in the media or he's had a bad game and it's you carrying it. This thread should be more a reflection of how important his goals are or how we've got one of the best young strikers in the world. I find it quite sad that someone would invest so much time in looking for flaws rather than looking for positives and actually supporting an asset of Everton's.

I just hope he has a good game tonight so this thread can sink back down the list!

Above is a fine example of why people find your input in this thread boring Haf. You've ignored the positives (ambitions to make history with EFC/ words about Coleman) and looked straight to where you can get a negative or dig in. This thread is most active when there's a contract dispute, comment in the media or he's had a bad game and it's you carrying it. This thread should be more a reflection of how important his goals are or how we've got one of the best young strikers in the world. I find it quite sad that someone would invest so much time in looking for flaws rather than looking for positives and actually supporting an asset of Everton's.

I just hope he has a good game tonight so this thread can sink back down the list!

amen

All I can say is shukes is absolutely spot on. The hypocrisy is astounding. ABOVE IS AN EXAMPLE OF.... Haha don't make me fuckin laugh. Lack of self awareness alert.

All I shared was a story that lukaku doesn't get on with Seamus - not important. Not from me but from others.

Forgive me for not getting too excited about him saying he's aiming for top 4 with Everton - based on what I seen at the weekend he looked like he was aiming for an easy day. Mixed in with the constant clamouring for a move elsewhere I find it's just another soundbite.

I too hope he has a good game tonight because it's in the best interests of Everton. And if he plays well then he will get praise - as he had dobe from me when he has played well. Not fooking arsed in the slightest about point scoring with other posters.

Edited by Hafnia

All I can say is shukes is absolutely spot on. The hypocrisy is astounding. ABOVE IS AN EXAMPLE OF.... Haha don't make me fuckin laugh. Lack of self awareness alert.

Where's the hypocrisy? I don't rate Mori - do I clog the Mori thread up with every negative I can find? No. Every poster has different opinions but when it get's to the point when actually a thread is being turned back to negativity over and over again then it gets very tedious. It puts good posters off posting and this forum is a lesser place as a result.

Where's the hypocrisy? I don't rate Mori - do I clog the Mori thread up with every negative I can find? No. Every poster has different opinions but when it get's to the point when actually a thread is being turned back to negativity over and over again then it gets very tedious. It puts good posters off posting and this forum is a lesser place as a result.

You don't rate Mori? That's fine... if we get people blowing sunshine up moris arse whilst he's making public statements about moving on from Everton to a big club ignoring flaws in his game then feel free.

The fact is people do not get disproptionately giddy about Mori- nor do they get fuckin ridiculously precious when someone has the audacity to criticise him.

Makes me laugh - people have a support and love of a player who doesn't give a fuck about Everton... he's pretty much made that clear.

You don't rate Mori? That's fine... if we get people blowing sunshine up moris arse whilst he's making public statements about moving on from Everton to a big club ignoring flaws in his game then feel free.

The fact is people do not get disproptionately giddy about Mori- nor do they get fuckin ridiculously precious when someone has the audacity to criticise him.

Makes me laugh - people have a support and love of a player who doesn't give a fuck about Everton... he's pretty much made that clear.

That's the thing - not many care if he loves the club. As long as he does his job which is playing well and scoring goals, which he usually does, then I don't care if he wears a Liverpool shirt under his Everton blue. He's one of our best players, if not our best player and with him we're significantly better. Anyway kick-off COYB!!!

Well. Not too much to shout about.

He looked just 'ok'. Made some poor decisions on the attack. Hold up play was 50/50 at best.

Frustrated his team mates. Big talk is how Williams was shouting at him for something and Lukaku is 'sssssshing' him with a finger to his mouth.

I think amongst sporting men, some conflict is going to happen and is necessary. But that that was, I think, out of order from Lukaku. A bit of Mr Big Boots.