IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Employed by Everton yes, Evertonian? Is he fuck, never has been, never wanted to be.

Being an Evertonian isnt a fling, its permanent. Alan Ball got it, many others did... do not waste sentiment or the word Evertonian on this prick. Those who understand need no explanation, those who dont - dont matter.

How many current everton players are evertonians in your meaning of the word?

I'm sure Mark just meant everton-player with the word evertonian.

Maybe being an evertonian means putting up with idiots like lukaku because they make everton a better team instead of putting yourself as a fan first :-)

How many current everton players are evertonians in your meaning of the word?

I'm sure Mark just meant everton-player with the word evertonian.

Maybe being an evertonian means putting up with idiots like lukaku because they make everton a better team instead of putting yourself as a fan first :-)

Thanks yes I did auto correct will be the end of us all.

Still under contract for us I will continue rooting for him till he leaves. Everton player and as evidenced today when he wants to he can score.

He's a 23 year old guy from Antwerp, why on earth would he be an 'Evertonian' in the romanticized, misty-eyed sense being used here? Guys like Cahill and Howard are extraordinarily rare. For most foreign players Everton - and in fact any club - is just a career step. And there's nothing wrong with that. Fans always demand 'loyalty' from players, but Christ almighty wait until a player or manager goes through a bad spell and see just how 'loyal' these same fans are to them. Lukaku's a young man who, right or wrong, is in a bizarre part of the business world which pushes enormous 'ambition' on players, primarily from hawkish agents. He was bought for a fee which many at the time felt was too high, and because of his goals and performances he will (probably) leave the club for about two times what we paid for him. That's great business for Everton and it's been made possible by his performances and goals. Yes, he's wrong to talk so much to the press about wanting away, no doubt, but at the same time some perspective from certain fans wouldn't go amiss either.

But we are fans.

And we do want our players to love Everton as much as we do.

Not sure what's wrong with that.

Yes realism is, that in this era its unlikely for that to happen, but it makes no difference to the way we love our club and expect a level of respect from players who us fans pay our hard earned cash to.

I struggle to understand how some fans don't see that.

Current players Evertonians? Baines, barkley, oviedo, mori, coleman, jags, id even say Barry and mirallas 'get it'.

From day one this prick seen us as a stop gap and he hasnt had the decency to even try to hide it. If he allowed himself to absorb our history, the fans passion and showed some desire for the badge he would have been hooked. His loss. Prick.

He's a 23 year old guy from Antwerp, why on earth would he be an 'Evertonian' in the romanticized, misty-eyed sense being used here? Guys like Cahill and Howard are extraordinarily rare. For most foreign players Everton - and in fact any club - is just a career step. And there's nothing wrong with that. Fans always demand 'loyalty' from players, but Christ almighty wait until a player or manager goes through a bad spell and see just how 'loyal' these same fans are to them. Lukaku's a young man who, right or wrong, is in a bizarre part of the business world which pushes enormous 'ambition' on players, primarily from hawkish agents. He was bought for a fee which many at the time felt was too high, and because of his goals and performances he will (probably) leave the club for about two times what we paid for him. That's great business for Everton and it's been made possible by his performances and goals. Yes, he's wrong to talk so much to the press about wanting away, no doubt, but at the same time some perspective from certain fans wouldn't go amiss either.

Personally, I'm not arsed he's not an Evertonian or that he doesn't "get" Everton. I've said it many times, but I'm one of the least sentimental fans - sure it's nice if a player is loyal to the club or whatever and I do have favourite players but I'm not loyal to them - once they've served their purpose then I'm quite happy to chuck them out of the club in the blink of an eye. Take Cahill for example - he was a favourite of mine but once it became abundantly clear he was finished and was hindering us I wanted him gone. In fact, I would've been more ruthless and fucked him off at least a year before he actually went.

I am Everton first, second and third. That's all that matters to me. So if a player, who has nothing to do with Everton, puts himself first, second and third I have no problem with that.

It's not that I'm bothered if he 'gets Everton' or that 'Everton has chosen him' etc etc, it's all this talk that bothers me. It lacks respect and dignity. It's a kick in the bollocks for those who have supported him through and through.

As has been said many times...have your ambition. But keep it respectful.

But we are fans.

And we do want our players to love Everton as much as we do.

Not sure what's wrong with that.

Yes realism is, that in this era its unlikely for that to happen, but it makes no difference to the way we love our club and expect a level of respect from players who us fans pay our hard earned cash to.

I struggle to understand how some fans don't see that.

I do see it, I just don't agree with it. It's childish to want someone else to love something in the same way you do. And the "we pay our hard earned money..." reasoning which always gets rolled out - this is irrelevant. Your money pays him to play football and nothing else, just as money paid to a hooker is for her to fuck someone, not love or respect them in any way.

And as for that mythical 'respect' which fans love to demand from players, go to any of the match day threads in this forum, go see how much 'respect' fans give to 'Evertonian' players like Leon Osman or Ross Barkley whenever fans are dissatisfied with their performances. I've been in the stands when obscene abuse has been hurled at both of them (and it's happened on here too), where's this 'level of respect' then?

Now, of course I'm not saying most fans behave that way. They don't. But enough do, and very often it's the exact same fans who are most vocal in demanding impeccable levels of 'respect' from 'Evertonian' players.

I do see it, I just don't agree with it. It's childish to want someone else to love something in the same way you do. And the "we pay our hard earned money..." reasoning which always gets rolled out - this is irrelevant. Your money pays him to play football and nothing else, just as money paid to a hooker is for her to fuck someone, not love or respect them in any way.

And as for that mythical 'respect' which fans love to demand from players, go to any of the match day threads in this forum, go see how much 'respect' fans give to 'Evertonian' players like Leon Osman or Ross Barkley whenever fans are dissatisfied with their performances. I've been in the stands when obscene abuse has been hurled at both of them (and it's happened on here too), where's this 'level of respect' then?

Now, of course I'm not saying most fans behave that way. They don't. But enough do, and very often it's the exact same fans who are most vocal in demanding impeccable levels of 'respect' from 'Evertonian' players.

You are dead right in what your saying. But, and it's just a wee but, the 2 paths are slightly different.

It's not respect towards fans who chat shit about him, shout abuse, etc etc. I find that behaviour and talk of honour etc from the same fans quite ironic.

And it's right that at the end of the day, he's paid to play football and that is all. He wants to achieve as much as possible in what is a short career. Fair enough.

But there are ways to go about it. And without a doubt he has gone the wrong way about it. He may, only may, have dug himself into a hole.

Personally, I'm not arsed he's not an Evertonian or that he doesn't "get" Everton. I've said it many times, but I'm one of the least sentimental fans - sure it's nice if a player is loyal to the club or whatever and I do have favourite players but I'm not loyal to them - once they've served their purpose then I'm quite happy to chuck them out of the club in the blink of an eye. Take Cahill for example - he was a favourite of mine but once it became abundantly clear he was finished and was hindering us I wanted him gone. In fact, I would've been more ruthless and fucked him off at least a year before he actually went.

I am Everton first, second and third. That's all that matters to me. So if a player, who has nothing to do with Everton, puts himself first, second and third I have no problem with that.

That's rather cold, me I want players to feel they belong at Everton that they are part of the family, I know every fan of every club feels that their club is special but I truly believe Everton is, especially when you look at our history, our ethos and what they do with Everton in the community. Don't get me wrong I put Everton first, but I believe the way a club treats its players will affect how they play for us. If a player feels loved, valued and part of something they will give more.

I'm not saying we run on sentiment alone, and when a player is done they should be moved on, Tim and Tim being cases in point, both for their and our good should have been moved on allot earlier. But it's the way it is done is key.

As for Lukaku, he is a mercenary player, out to be the best player he can, to do that we wants to be playing in the Champions League and does not care which club he is at or how he does it. As long as he is scoring goals teams will not care. What teams wont tolerate is him not trying or caring, which he did for us after Christmas.

Edited by London Blue

That's rather cold, me I want players to feel they belong at Everton that they are part of the family, I know every fan of every club feels that their club is special but I truly believe Everton is, especially when you look at our history, our ethos and what they do with Everton in the community. Don't get me wrong I put Everton first, but I believe the way a club treats its players will affect how they play for us. If a player feels loved, valued and part of something they will give more.

I'm not saying we run on sentiment alone, and when a player is done they should be moved on, Tim and Tim being cases in point, both for their and our good should have been moved on allot earlier. But it's the way it is done is key.

As for Lukaku, he is a mercenary player, out to be the best player he can, to do that we wants to be playing in the Champions League and does not care which club he is at or how he does it. As long as he is scoring goals teams will not care. What teams wont tolerate is him not trying or caring, which he did for us after Christmas.

It is cold but I think Rooney leaving the way he did is why I'm like that tbh. I was heartbroken when all that happened but it taught me a lesson.

I am never gping to agree with your opinion, though I do have respect for it

Wanting others to love Everton as I do is hardly childish though.

If it is then I am without a doubt a child.

Yep Rooney hurt, that was business good business for Utd not so good for us. Rooney still loves Everton tho.

It was business and its business when I say I'd sell each and every one of our players if it benefitted the club to do so. That's my point. I'm only loyal to the club, not the players. They're all expendable to me, I don't give a shit about them as people, only what they can bring to Everton.

It was business and its business when I say I'd sell each and every one of our players if it benefitted the club to do so. That's my point. I'm only loyal to the club, not the players. They're all expendable to me, I don't give a shit about them as people, only what they can bring to Everton.

Ends and means. Well I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it, I think its cold.

The players help make the club, and are just as much a part of it as the fans or the board. I too would sell the players if it benefited the club, but I care about the players as people.

It's all business, but I feel a stronger attachment to the local lads because I know they love the club like I do. The foreign players can come and go for me, as long as they do their job.

I agree about the local lads like Barkley, Pennington etc, but players like Cahill, Howard, Ferguson, all fell in love with the club and became Evertonians.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/romelu-lukaku-could-stay-everton-8242463

His agent is like the Don King of the football world, constantly bigging up his man and putting down everyone else!

Serie A is no place for his super star but now Everton have a bit of money they might be worth his time.

We're more of a project than feckin PSG you idiot!

"Something changed at Everton" ......

Translates "No club was willing to pay the sort of money we believed he was worth and consequently had no offers"

Agreed noone with a first touch like his is worth 65 million!

I'm sure his new contract offer is helping change his mind!

Edited by smeghead1