IGNORED

Lucas Neill To Turkey

I'm pretty pissed off with this, for a few reasons. Mainly because I'm an Aussie, but I felt that Neill and Heitinga were brginning to develop something at CB. I really liked having two ball-playing CBs - ass opposed to hoofers Yobo and Distin!

And only 750,000? I don't know how he's worth so little. I understand that he's the wrong side of 30, and only on a one-year contract, but it hardly seems worth it.

All of this makes me think Neill has requested the move for the undoubted larger wage he'll get at Gala.

I'm pretty pissed off with this, for a few reasons. Mainly because I'm an Aussie, but I felt that Neill and Heitinga were brginning to develop something at CB. I really liked having two ball-playing CBs - ass opposed to hoofers Yobo and Distin!

And only 750,000? I don't know how he's worth so little. I understand that he's the wrong side of 30, and only on a one-year contract, but it hardly seems worth it.

All of this makes me think Neill has requested the move for the undoubted larger wage he'll get at Gala.

He became a free agent becuase he couldn't find a club.

We signed him because of an injury crisis.

We make a £750,000 profit on a stop gap player.

Sounds like good business to me because at the end of this season he will be worth nothing again.

He became a free agent becuase he couldn't find a club.

We signed him because of an injury crisis.

We make a £750,000 profit on a stop gap player.

Sounds like good business to me because at the end of this season he will be worth nothing again.

No need to be condescending about it mate. The main thing is though, that we still actually need him at least for the next few weeks (unless Moyes has a replacement lined up) so he's not exactly exceeded his 'stop gap' use.

Im not sure about this tbh. I dont mind him going as long as we have another CB available (Im 95% sure Duffy wont start). Hibbert and Neville have done alright at CB but that shouldnt be the solution we are left with, especially as we could have delayed the transfer for a week to get the Man City game out of the way.

Although Im not convinced by him at CB I am even less convinced by either Neville or Hibbert and I will be disgusted if Moyes has let him go without having a replacement lined up straight away or has someone back from injury.

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

Im not sure about this tbh. I dont mind him going as long as we have another CB available (Im 95% sure Duffy wont start). Hibbert and Neville have done alright at CB but that shouldnt be the solution we are left with, especially as we could have delayed the transfer for a week to get the Man City game out of the way.

Although Im not convinced by him at CB I am even less convinced by either Neville or Hibbert and I will be disgusted if Moyes has let him go without having a replacement lined up straight away or has someone back from injury.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this. It doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. I'm hoping they've got someone else lined up but going on past form I very much doubt it!

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this. It doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. I'm hoping they've got someone else lined up but going on past form I very much doubt it!

Distin is apparently back in training but he doesnt know when he will be available which suggests it wont be this weekend!

Even a new signing will have to get used to they way we do things and he wont have time to do that before the City game.

that really is the most vague and unconvincing offical news article i've ever seen.

I'd already seen that same interview on another site and it's almost like the person who looks after the site was starting to feel guilty at not being given any kind of news from thos in the know so just stuck up what he'd seen.

Nothing from everton at all in there at all really, if you hadn't been following the rumous and just went to the OS you'd be quite bemused by the headline and openening line saying "Neil Shock at Switch" as at no point before the had they said that he'd been sold!

Confirmed on the OS that he's going....after the City game :) .

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/neill-shock-at-switch.html

Phew... At least Moyes hasnt gone completely bonkers! Im not sure how it will affect his performance. He might want to do really well and put in a good performance to say goodbye or he might think fuck it, im off after this anyway! I think it will be the first option as he seems a proud Aussie and they never like to lose.

We must be looking for a replacement or waiting for Dustbin to return.

It seems that way. That gives him a week to spend 750-800k which Blue Bill might be able to round up to a million if hes feeling reckless. Think of all the world beaters we can bring in with that!

Bit disappointed to see him go in all honesty. It was something of good fortune for us Australians to have two players at the one club, and with both of them it opened the door for an even larger fanbase in Australia, however this won't happen now <_<

I know his performances weren't that great but he wasn't that bad either. In comparison with Yobo and Distin I'd still prefer him in the centre with Johnny. With him gone I could see someone like Senderos coming in on loan for the remainder of the season.

• 4 weeks later...