IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

Frank Zappa- Overnite Sensation.

What an absolute genius Zappa was and a fantastic blues/rock guitarist.

Superb album, insane, eg...

I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big
An' ride him all along the border line
With a pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss
But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss

Superb album, insane, eg...

I'm gonna find me a horse

Just about this big

An' ride him all along the border line

With a pair of heavy-duty

Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand

Every other wrangler would say

I was mighty grand

By myself I wouldn't

Have no boss

But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss

The ad-libs to broken hearts are for assholes are wonderful-

Sir Richard Pumpaloaf, he sniffed the reeking buns of angels, the tales of a demented bread boffer :lol:

The Clash- the Vanilla tapes . Documents the recording of London Calling (the album not the track)

Fantastic footage on it- highly recommended to anyone who likes them or even that era.

Talking my language again Pad; was never a big punk fan, came just a few years late for me, but London Calling is an album of pure genius. I shall track that down for sure.

Talking my language again Pad; was never a big punk fan, came just a few years late for me, but London Calling is an album of pure genius. I shall track that down for sure.

The whole disc is on you tube mate- it's got recordings odf songs with just the bassline- drums or guitar, video footage of them in vanilla studios doing a nice rendition of louis louis and fooling around, Guy Stevens (who produced it) is a lunatic, he's throwing chairs around while they are recording. It's very grainy footage but an absolute gem of a tape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who's a classical music buff...

When we hear the name William Herschel, we think of his tremendous exploits in the field of astronomy. The reason he came from Germany to England, though, is not astronomy; instead, he aspired to be a classical music composer. His works are actually very good, and I came across the first movement of his 8th symphony this weekend. It was written before Mozart had composed his first symphony and is surprisingly advanced for the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stopped buying records :( havent even got a record player plugged in at home anymore. Got an amazing bluetooth speaker tho, just use Spotify these days. I have noticed that i mostly listen to records that i own. Strange that.

Right now im heavely into the Smiths again. Usually happens once or twice a year.

Just downloaded the 53 track Ultimate Best of Oasis for the drive up tomorrow; never been a huge fan really. Like the headline/famous tracks but never listened in much depth but Josh is a big fan so I thought I'd give the once-over.

first 3 albums were great. Meh after that

I have stopped buying records :( havent even got a record player plugged in at home anymore. Got an amazing bluetooth speaker tho, just use Spotify these days. I have noticed that i mostly listen to records that i own. Strange that.

Right now im heavely into the Smiths again. Usually happens once or twice a year.

i only buy records. digital files are lost via wiped hardrive, lost iphone, etc. i'm not going to lost my record collection. plus their value is increasing due to scarcity (the rare shit i got). i love records.

I quite like them yeah.

i did until I learnt what a colossal fucknut Morissey is

I remember requesting Panic at a crap party once because the DJ was being a dick. I enjoyed watching his face towards the end of the song, after the way acted. Should probably feel bad but today and then I didn't care.