IGNORED

Lescott

Once again don't shoot the messenger... just telling you what I've been told...

Murray and lescott out in brum last night with jordan stewart and some others (dave edwards i think). Anyway news from murray is lescotts close to agreeing terms and the deal is likely to go through in the very near future. This says to me the terry saga is a smoke screen while this is going on.

Make of it as you wish but it's from someone that I know as an as close a source as you can get!

Once again don't shoot the messenger... just telling you what I've been told...

Murray and lescott out in brum last night with jordan stewart and some others (dave edwards i think). Anyway news from murray is lescotts close to agreeing terms and the deal is likely to go through in the very near future. This says to me the terry saga is a smoke screen while this is going on.

Make of it as you wish but it's from someone that I know as an as close a source as you can get!

:angry:

This makes me very sad and angry (not at you, the fact that we look like losing Lescott)!!!!

Sorry, disagree with you... £15m for him is not enough!!! :angry:

If Vidic is being discussed as a £25m target to Barca, and after Vidic and Ferdinand, Lescott and Jags were probably the next best partnership, that makes him worth alot more. Besides, to try and get someone as good or better would cost us a fortune as well. He fits into the team, covers two positions and chips in with at least 8 goals a season!

Anything less than £20m is an insult, and if the are planning an £18m raid on Johnson, Lescott is worth at least that... if not more!!!!! Make them pay hard for him if they want to nick our players!!!! :angry:

Please mate I do like lescott but dont compare him to Vidic - he's in a differant class to lescott.

Lescotts as good as terry easy, lescotts faster an better in the air, the only reason Terry gets in the england team is cos he captain, an we all no Terry is only the captain to keep them southerns happy, it should be Gerrard. An soon it will be Rooney.

If they offering 30mil for Terry then Lescotts got to be worth 25 easy.

Lescotts as good as terry easy, lescotts faster an better in the air, the only reason Terry gets in the england team is cos he captain, an we all no Terry is only the captain to keep them southerns happy, it should be Gerrard. An soon it will be Rooney.

Toffee tinted lenses out! Terry is a better centre back than lescott and jags - that's why he is our national captain and first choice ahead of our very good players in the national team - £20m is more than a fair price for lescott - if we can get any players thrown in then moyes will have done a good job (depending on who they are.)

Thats are own perspective though as Evertonians other clubs managers and so on dont see things the way we do they will take into account Terry plays for one of the best teams in the world and has captained his team to numerous trophies Terry was voted best defender in the UEFA Champions League in both 2005 and 2008, the PFA Players' Player of the Year in 2005, and was included in the FIFPro World XI for four consecutive seasons, from 2005 to 2008. Its things like this that prospective buyer's take into account lets put it bluntly how long has Lescott been on the scene as a known name which does add value to players and what has he achieved compared to Terry sounds wrong to us but its the way it works, for me Terry is a better player hands down.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Thats are own perspective though as Evertonians other clubs managers and so on dont see things the way we do they will take into account Terry plays for one of the best teams in the world and has captained his team to numerous trophies Terry was voted best defender in the UEFA Champions League in both 2005 and 2008, the PFA Players' Player of the Year in 2005, and was included in the FIFPro World XI for four consecutive seasons, from 2005 to 2008. Its things like this that prospective buyer's take into account lets put it bluntly how long has Lescott been on the scene as a known name which does add value to players and what has he achieved compared to Terry sounds wrong to us but its the way it works, for me Terry is a better player hands down.

them mean fekk all, after all how the hell did Giggs get player of the season???he playied 16 sub app an only 1 non man utd player was in the shortlist, sorry but its complete crap them votes.

them mean fekk all, after all how the hell did Giggs get player of the season???he playied 16 sub app an only 1 non man utd player was in the shortlist, sorry but its complete crap them votes.

You have just proven one of my points it may not matter to some football fans but it does to clubs wanting a "big name" and as defenders go Terry is up their with the biggest and Lescott is far far from that pedestal. We all know that Giggs won that award on face value as he should have won it many times in the past but in Terry's case he won those awards due to being on of the most consistant defenders in the world and also winning silverware.

Im not a huge fan of Terry as i think he's abit of a tool but as a footballer he's better then Lescott no question, All the downsides to Terry's game you have listen are well off the mark tbh.

If Lescott goes for anything around £18 to £20 mil it would be a great deal.

Edited by EFC-Paul

You have just proven one of my points it may not matter to some football fans but it does to clubs wanting a "big name" and as defenders go Terry is up their with the biggest and Lescott is far far from that pedestal. We all know that Giggs won that award on face value as he should have won it many times in the past but in Terry's case he won those awards due to being on of the most consistant defenders in the world and also winning silverware.

Im not a huge fan of Terry as i think he's abit of a tool but as a footballer he's better then Lescott no question, All the downsides to Terry's game you have listen or well off the mark tbh.

If Lescott goes for anything around £18 to £20 mil it would be a great deal.

i suppose you right, all that does add to his value, as if you took it comparing the cv's you say Terry was more qualified then Lescott.

Iv heard mixed reports in the paper about Lescott. Some say he wants to go to City others says its just people around him saying he wants to go. Either way I think it would be good if he came out and said 1 way or another want he wants to do.

I dont want him to go as replacing him would be very tricky especially on our budget. I also cant see why (apart from money) he'd want to go to City?? Yes they are trying to attract top players but..... there not!

We are a better team heading in the right direction.

agentsmith..not being funny but u will probably find that city will be around the top 4 next season especially with the squad there building hughes wont have to do a thing.players will do it all for him lol.bastards lol...we will still out play them on team spirit..but they will have an amazing squad..

agentsmith..not being funny but u will probably find that city will be around the top 4 next season especially with the squad there building hughes wont have to do a thing.players will do it all for him lol.bastards lol...we will still out play them on team spirit..but they will have an amazing squad..

Well unless something very dramatic happens in the tranfer market City will have yet another poor season considering the vast amount of money available, they have signed Barry who was a good player for Villa but may not be the case in a very inconsistant City team and they have brought in Santa Cruz who has had one decent season since his arrival to the Prem.

They will be anywhere from 10th to 7th in my book they have money a decent squad of players who dont perform very well together and a shite manager, the same was said last season that they would be in the top 6 and ended up 10th.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest blueboy122

totally agree with paul. man city top 4? glass of water for who ever said that. people really do under estimate arsenal i think.

totally agree with paul. man city top 4? glass of water for who ever said that. people really do under estimate arsenal i think.

ill take that glass of water.ill have anything for free..all im trying to say is they should do alot better this season with the squad there building and there endless pocket off cash..no need to get sarcastic.just my opinion..

http://www.bluekipper.com/fishy/in_summer_09/summer_09_2.htm#46

Not like Blue Kipper to let loose on bad rumours. Depends on what the deal entails, we better get him plus £15m for Joleon at least.

Hmmmmm not sure about this. Roger is a top player and I would hate to see him go... but like someone mentioned before in another thread, he has had serious knee problems.. have we just been lucky?

Richard is a good player. Strong quick and covers one of the areas we are light at the moment (RB). He has stacks of potential and wasn't so long he was being touted as a £20m player. I know he is known as a bit og a big time charlie, but then again most young players are... I am sure Moyes can get the best out of him. Just look what he did with Jo!

It would have to be him and a stack of cash as Hafnia said.... but might not be that bad.

Guest blueboy122

Haha no way is that true. where do people come up with these rumours! they are rather amusing though!