IGNORED

St Georges Day..

Louis

My daughter has just come back from a teaching stint in Zambia. Amongst the last photos she's taken was one of her class rehearsing for their St Georges day celebration, kids dressed up as knights with others prancing about in a dragons costume similar the Chinese dragons. I ended up having a long and heated argument with her because I felt that we do bugger all about St Georges day here why imposed a European myth on African kiddiesa....................to me the whole event is a myth

My daughter has just come back from a teaching stint in Zambia. Amongst the last photos she's taken was one of her class rehearsing for their St Georges day celebration, kids dressed up as knights with others prancing about in a dragons costume similar the Chinese dragons. I ended up having a long and heated argument with her because I felt that we do bugger all about St Georges day here why imposed a European myth on African kiddiesa....................to me the whole event is a myth

A myth? You mean our patron saint did not slay a dragon in the name of king and country? I'm having none of that, If it wasn't for fine upstanding blokes like George the country would still be rife with dragon attacks, and quite simply, we would get nothing done!

Guest efctaxi
A myth? You mean our patron saint did not slay a dragon in the name of king and country? I'm having none of that, If it wasn't for fine upstanding blokes like George the country would still be rife with dragon attacks, and quite simply, we would get nothing done!

LMAO :lol:

A guy suggested on the radio today that we should all fly the flag of St George, toast the three lions and shout God bless the queen as a celebration of our Britishness..................................St George, if he existed, was a Roman centurion operating in Turkey, the three lions came from Plantagenate France and the House of Windsor is pure Germanic stock...........................I would suggest that the last Englishman was Ug the elder who live in a cave on Hilbre Island, all cheers to Ug the Englsihman :lol: