IGNORED

Free Transfers

Not so much a rumour, but it's better here than elsewhere I'd say. Was just on RAWK and saw a list of frees. With our finances, might be our best bet in summer to strengthen the squad and we've already been linked with Pennant and Huszti on free transfers.

Any possible signings?

http://www.mcalcio.com/expiring-contract-s...r-players-2009/

Personally I'd be looking at a couple of the french - Mathieu and M'Bami...2 players who are both good defensively, more so M'Bami as he's a defensive mid.

Varela from Schalke we've been linked with in the past, so maybe

Van bommel?

Edu has been linked before as has Contra, wouldn't want either of these really but maybe Maniche, Kameni or Leo France. I think Kameni is likely to go to a big club though, maybe a Barca or Arsenal.

From the prem i'd love Obi Mikel or Kalou, I like Chelsea and I think they'd fit into our side nicely, especially Mikel for DM

I saw Filipe from Roma once and he looked alright

I wouldn't normally make this sort of FM post, but I'm trying to put off a dissertation, and speculation beats that hands down!

It would appear that Shandy Andy is also on his way. His contract seems to have gone on forever.

Some cracking players in and amongst that little lot! Mikel, Eboue, Kalou, Mbami all worth a punt, and were we linked with that Guzman from Deportivo before.

I bet we end up Vassell though <_<

we could be looking at getting some of these signed on pre-contract agreements now. we never seem to look at the free transfer market and there are often some good players, I think there's a fair few we could tempt to goodison. M'Bami would be my pick personally, good defensive midfielder. Mikel and Kalou I think we'd struggle to get but they'd be fantastic.

Fred (ST), M'bami (DM), Yohann Pele (GK), Kameni (GK), Obi Mikel (DM), Julian de Guzman (DM), Mathieu (WB)

There's a few names we can look at, some could be 1st team, others (who have Champions League experience) would be great in european games or as back-up!?

n i think what CraccerC said, get some pre-contracts done. Surely, EFC would have this info available...now that we're usin FootyManager Scouting Index :lol:

We can dream eh!? I've only picked out the younger more promising players, i'd still take some of the older guys ;)

you know, I've read in our newspapers that emissaries from Everton have been to a couple of Sporting de Braga games lately... Maybe there's gonna be something from there. They certainly have quality players, my doubts on the matter is regarding your work permits thingie...

Just been doin some research about Sporting de Braga, after you said that Sporting, and their team looks full of youth i.e under 25? is there any players in their team, who stand out for you, or are an exciting prospect? :mellow:

Edited by tenaciousj

Fred (ST), M'bami (DM), Yohann Pele (GK), Kameni (GK), Obi Mikel (DM), Julian de Guzman (DM), Mathieu (WB)

There's a few names we can look at, some could be 1st team, others (who have Champions League experience) would be great in european games or as back-up!?

n i think what CraccerC said, get some pre-contracts done. Surely, EFC would have this info available...now that we're usin FootyManager Scouting Index :lol:

We can dream eh!? I've only picked out the younger more promising players, i'd still take some of the older guys ;)

He's Canadian, eh? Good player, but frankly not up to PL standard. His little brother however would be a good bet (plays for Feyenoord).

Just been doin some research about Sporting de Braga, after you said that Sporting, and their team looks full of youth i.e under 25? is there any players in their team, who stand out for you, or are an exciting prospect? :mellow:

well, I mentioned a few before, fisrt of which was Linz, an interesting striker, and he's european too, Austrian, so I don't think the work permit thing applies. Or does it?

there's also Renteria and Alan, but both are south americans, so don't know how that's gonna work...

As for midfielders, I'd like to mention especially Luis Aguiar, he's a very creative midfielder, and might make a fine substitute, with potential for improvement, in a league like the EPL, and he's 24, I think...

Anyways, here's some of the posts I've made about Braga:

I saw this topic last night, but in all fairness, it's a bit too early in the season for me to be giving advice on players down here, except ours ofc, but since i don't want any to leave in january, i'll keep quite :D

Anyways, about Linz, he's indeed a good player. Both braga and guimarães had very interesting line ups last year, so i'm curious about how they'll handle this season. a side note, however. Linz is at the moment under the club's disciplinary wing, after he displayed discontent about beeing substituted in the recent league game. It seems the boy is keen on a move, and wants to show himself, and he's still pissed about not playing in the 4-0 UEFA trashing. So a move wouldn't be bad for both him and club, i'd wager.

Don't know if you guys saw it or not, but one of the teams i was gonna keep an eye on for possible players was Braga, who today/yesterday trashed Pompey 3-0. There's some very interesting talent on that team, so you might want to take a look at them.

Vandinho, Alan, Luis Aguiar are a few names just off the top of my head

Just wanted to do a bit of a follow up on this last post, Braga defeated Amadora 5-0 yesterday night, with another superb performance.

you can see a translated report here: http://translate.google.pt/translate?u=htt...PT&ie=UTF-8

Emphasis again on Alan, Luis Aguiar and Renteria.

Luis Aguiar is more than likely beeing watched atm, and will most likely move at the end of the season at the latest.

Also, here's a couple of links from Braga games this season, to get you a feel for them:

Braga 4 - Artmedia 0 (UEFA preliminary round)

Braga 3- Portsmouth 0 (UEFA Groups Stage)