IGNORED

Wright-phillips

So if we bought Wright Phillips for 11mil and it looks like M'bia could still come off if we meet the 7-10mil price tag. If we get those 2 and another striker then our team would look like.

Howard

Neville----------Jagielka------Yobo-------Lescott

Wright Phillips----M'bia-----Pienaar-----Arteta

-------------------------Cahill

-------------------------Yakubu

Bench: Turner, Baines, Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan, Anichebe, Another striker or Rodwell if we don't get one.

I would be gutted if Everton paid 11mil for SWP, he may have been worth that a couple of years ago when he was playing week in week out at City and was being picked as a regular England international. However a few seasons warming the bench at Chelsea has seen him over taken at international level by Lennon and Bentley. I can't see him making his way back into the England team. Lennon out paces him and holds on to the ball better and Bentley is a better finisher and crosser of the ball. I like SWP his attitude and is first rate but he's just too easliy dispossessed. For sure I would not put Osman on the bench for him I would put SWP on the bench and bring him on late in the game and let him run at a tired defence. For this reason I wouldn't like to see us pay more than 7 mil at the absolute most.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what my guess was yesterday, we will probably piss around trying to get him on loan and then city will just stump up the cash. Even if we put a cash bid in for him i am pretty sure he would choose city over us

just buy the little c*** ,hes class better than what we have! why do we always have to get players on loan? if theres supposed to be money available!!!!!

if there is money its moysies fault,were living in the dark ages if he thinks he can still get class players for 2 and 3 million pounds! were getting left behind

by smaller clubs! end of story

SSN have just broke that City are in talks today with West Ham for Craig Bellamy, maybe they will just re-inforce the front line, i think thats all they would need to do, they already have a fairly strong midfield. Clutching at straws at all here?

I've just seen that myself, can't see the Gob and SWP in the same team with Jo. Why splash out 9/10 mil on SWP to then take on board one of the most overrated and disruptive players in the game namely the Gob. I think you're on to something here Jamie after all is said and done Citeh are in a poorer financial state than we are.

Do we have anyone out at Finch Farm this week? ;)

I've just seen that myself, can't see the Gob and SWP in the same team with Jo. Why splash out 9/10 mil on SWP to then take on board one of the most overrated and disruptive players in the game namely the Gob. I think you're on to something here Jamie after all is said and done Citeh are in a poorer financial state than we are.

Do we have anyone out at Finch Farm this week? ;)

Despite the fact that City's owner has been indited for crimes against human rights, has an arrest warrant out for him, his home nation want him dead and plus he has had all of his assets frozen, City are still in a far better financial state than we are. Makes you think doesn't it!

Despite the fact that City's owner has been indited for crimes against human rights, has an arrest warrant out for him, his home nation want him dead and plus he has had all of his assets frozen, City are still in a far better financial state than we are. Makes you think doesn't it!

I'm not so sure as other directors have had to meeet the wages bill, their financial clout on paper has disintegrated as no one knows what the Thai is worth now, its believed to be far less than he makes out and less than he put into Citeh, they will find shit street before us.

The fact that Shinawatrah(sp?) skipped bail won't sit well with the bankers either, a mans word is his bond ha ha ha

Edited by Jimmy the blue

The Echo are reporting that we are definitely in for him now as well. I can't believe they can report, without any hint of irony, that we're prepared to go toe to toe with City for him before mentioning that we want to take him on a loan basis whilst City want to buy him. FFS it's becoming an absolute joke, are we not prepared to sign anyone unless it's on loan? I personally think if both clubs were seriously interested then we may actually have a chance, but if we're only going to offer a loan deal then we may as well just stick up two fingers to SWP than offer him a deal. Even now, I still cling to some forlorn hope that the we'll sign someone like M'Bia for decent money, that some players will actually be BOUGHT alongside some loan deals, but it's getting increasingly worrying and there has to be some serious doubts as to whether we have any money whatsoever now. Maybe our transfer budget was affected by the stadium call in.

The Echo are reporting that we are definitely in for him now as well. I can't believe they can report, without any hint of irony, that we're prepared to go toe to toe with City for him before mentioning that we want to take him on a loan basis whilst City want to buy him. FFS it's becoming an absolute joke, are we not prepared to sign anyone unless it's on loan? I personally think if both clubs were seriously interested then we may actually have a chance, but if we're only going to offer a loan deal then we may as well just stick up two fingers to SWP than offer him a deal. Even now, I still cling to some forlorn hope that the we'll sign someone like M'Bia for decent money, that some players will actually be BOUGHT alongside some loan deals, but it's getting increasingly worrying and there has to be some serious doubts as to whether we have any money whatsoever now. Maybe our transfer budget was affected by the stadium call in.

There are many theories as to why we seem to have no cash from Wyness doing a runner to us paying for the next Mersey crossing whatever has happened we've got to live with life as it is now and not how it should have been. My money is on Green calling in his loans

from Daily Mail gossip (about as trustworthy as me just saying it straight from my own mouth, but here goes...)

Shaun Wright-Phillips, Chelsea to Everton - Insider says: 3/5

Despite strong interest from Manchester City, who have made Chelsea a better financial offer (£10million permanent transfer) for the former Eastlands' hero, Wright-Phillips' head has been turned by Everton. The England winger is keen on making a fresh start with Everton and the Toffees season-long loa - with a view to a permanent transfer - appears to be a likely outcome.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...s.html?ITO=1490

"Despite strong interest from Manchester City, who have made Chelsea a better financial offer (£10million permanent transfer) for the former Eastlands' hero, Wright-Phillips' head has been turned by Everton. The England winger is keen on making a fresh start with Everton and the Toffees season-long loa - with a view to a permanent transfer - appears to be a likely outcome."

from Daily Mail gossip (about as trustworthy as me just saying it straight from my own mouth, but here goes...)

Shaun Wright-Phillips, Chelsea to Everton - Insider says: 3/5

Despite strong interest from Manchester City, who have made Chelsea a better financial offer (£10million permanent transfer) for the former Eastlands' hero, Wright-Phillips' head has been turned by Everton. The England winger is keen on making a fresh start with Everton and the Toffees season-long loa - with a view to a permanent transfer - appears to be a likely outcome.

Damn you just beat me to it!

they do say you should never go back. Everton have consistently performed better than City for a good few seasons now, we have a good manager, a good balance and a good team. He may also like the idea of coming here on loan in an attempt to impress Scolari so he can stay at Chelsea. Who knows, but I think he'd be a good signing and Everton need to pull their finger out. This one signing would at least generate some excitement and make a bit of a statement of intent.

they do say you should never go back. Everton have consistently performed better than City for a good few seasons now, we have a good manager, a good balance and a good team. He may also like the idea of coming here on loan in an attempt to impress Scolari so he can stay at Chelsea. Who knows, but I think he'd be a good signing and Everton need to pull their finger out. This one signing would at least generate some excitement and make a bit of a statement of intent.

couldnt have said it better. i dont understand why he would choose city over us, we have done better than them for years now, most notably last year in doing the double over them. he would know that as well considering hes already spent 6 years at city, and might perhaps be looking for a new challenge at a new club. i guess it all has to be money at the end of the day, and hopefully we can give him what he wants.....

this might also be true as well, i think everybody would remember moyes saying not so long ago that he would be looking to buy british, so wright-phillips might be the first of a few english players to come to everton