IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Harold Ramis aka Egon Spengler has died. He was one of my childhood heroes. I loved Ghostbusters as a child. Still do.

It's been said on another page (that the only good thing to come out of it) is this makes any hope of a Ghostbusters 3 release (with the original cast) dead in the water.

Saw the original in '84 on release along with the disaster of the second five years later, and idea of another at this stage, would be questionable to say the least. Even with new faces, other than Murray, Akroyd, Weaver, Hudson etc, I would have been dead against it.

In any event, Sorry to learn of the passing of Ramis, and deepest condolences to his immediate family. Gave a fine directing job with Groundhog Day also.

Guardians' for me. That's my comic book film to look out for.

Then Cap America 2.

I'm a hardcore Ninja Turtles fan but I can't say I'm looking forward to it most as Michael Bay is bastardising the franchise.

It's been said on another page (that the only good thing to come out of it) is this makes any hope of a Ghostbusters 3 release (with the original cast) dead in the water.

The game is seen by many as Ghostbusters 3, it's set in 1988 and features the original cast with the exception of Rick Moranis.

I'm a hardcore Ninja Turtles fan but I can't say I'm looking forward to it most as Michael Bay is bastardising the franchise.

I agree about Bay. Have you seen the new look turtles though? At least he's got the look right!

I can't see it being anything special, so I won't be holding my breath, I just hope he doesn't make a mockery of the franchise.

I agree about Bay. Have you seen the new look turtles though? At least he's got the look right!

I can't see it being anything special, so I won't be holding my breath, I just hope he doesn't make a mockery of the franchise.

Has he decided not to make them aliens then, like was rumoured when it was first mooted? Love the Turtles but haven't paid any attention to it all since hearing that.

Has he decided not to make them aliens then, like was rumoured when it was first mooted? Love the Turtles but haven't paid any attention to it all since hearing that.

To be fair, the 'ooze' that created them will probably be an "alien entity", so technically they're Alien/Turtle.

In regards to your comment about Bay and Transformers, to be fair, I don't think there was many ways it could have been handled. Whatever was produced wouldn't have been what Fan-Boys wanted.

Go too Graphic and you lose the appeal of a newer, younger and unmarketable (profitable) audience.

Go too kiddy and you lose the original fanboys and you get criticized heavily.

The films were a mixture of both, yes the 2nd one was terrible but he had a tough job anyway.

To be fair, the 'ooze' that created them will probably be an "alien entity", so technically they're Alien/Turtle.

In regards to your comment about Bay and Transformers, to be fair, I don't think there was many ways it could have been handled. Whatever was produced wouldn't have been what Fan-Boys wanted.

Go too Graphic and you lose the appeal of a newer, younger and unmarketable (profitable) audience.

Go too kiddy and you lose the original fanboys and you get criticized heavily.

The films were a mixture of both, yes the 2nd one was terrible but he had a tough job anyway.

His biggest mistake was casting Shia Lebouf. Awful actor.

Yeah, Bay is clueless. One of his biggest mistakes is westernising Oroku Saki. Shredder's name in the film is now "Eric Sachs" and he's not Asian but American...

Edited by Nikica

Yeah, Bay is clueless. One of his biggest mistakes is westernising Oroku Saki. Shredder's name in the film is now "Erich Sachs" and he's not Asian but American...

For fucks sake! I hate it when they mess with classics. It's why I wouldn't watch the remake of Karate Kid. Not to mention Will Smith's kid being dog shit as well. Must only get acting work due to who the dad is.

For fucks sake! I hate it when they mess with classics. It's why I wouldn't watch the remake of Karate Kid. Not to mention Will Smith's kid being dog shit as well. Must only get acting work due to who the dad is.

Exactly. It's the same with transformers, Shia only got the gig because Michael bay is a big Chelsea fan...

Thought he was okay in Disturbia, decent movie.

I like that film too, saw it a few times circa 2007 and 2008. Pretty good.

Yep, what he did to Shredder has been known for a long time and has caused much consternation amongst the hardcore fanbase on thetechnodrome.com. Most worringly Kevin Eastman - one of the co-creators who sold his shares to the other Peter Laird, who in turn sold the entire property to Viacom in 2009 - has some input on the film and seems happy with how it's going.

I do hold out hope however that it will be good. I am an optimistic sort when it comes to the entertainment industry and will give most things a chance. However, as a betting man, I know how I THINK it will turn out...

Exactly. It's the same with transformers, Shia only got the gig because Michael bay is a big Chelsea fan...

I've never seen any of the Transformers films. I quite like the franchise but not to any great extent. When I heard Bay had dumbed them down it lessened any interest I may have had in seeing them. Edited by Nikica

I like that film too, saw it a few times circa 2007 and 2008. Pretty good.

Yep, what he did to Shredder has been known for a long time and has caused much consternation amongst the hardcore fanbase on thetechnodrome.com. Most worringly Kevin Eastman - one of the co-creators who sold his shares to the other Peter Laird, who in turn sold the entire property to Viacom in 2009 - has some input on the film and seems happy with how it's going.

I do hold out hope however that it will be good. I am an optimistic sort when it comes to the entertainment industry and will give most things a chance. However, as a betting man, I know how I THINK it will turn out...

I've never seen any of the Transformers films. I quite like the franchise but not to any great extent. When I heard Bay had dumbed them down it lessened any interest I may have had in seeing them.

Sorry mate I just tried to make an absolutely shit joke about nepotism and Frankk Lebeuof being Shia's dad. Haha, I'll get my coat

Edited by Ant1979

Sorry mate I just tried to make an absolutely shit joke about nepotism and Frankk Lebeuof being Shia's dad. Haha, I'll get my coat

Hahaha, fair enough mate.

I wanted to post some smilies, to give your funny, random post the reaction it deserved. However, even though I am in the main reply bit, the smilies don't seem to be available, even on reloading twice. Looks like we have both had a fucking 'mare here with our respective recent post man, lol.

Edited by Nikica

nearly all remakes are shite...refuse to watch most of them unless i'm told otherwise by people who's opinion is worth listenin to!

Crazy, anyone know more on this?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/01/knife-attack-kunming-train-station-yunnan-province-china?CMP=twt_fd

A group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station in south-western China on Saturday, leaving at least 27 people dead and another 109 injured, the official Xinhua News Agency said, making it one of the deadliest attacks in China in recent years.

Yeah, Bay is clueless. One of his biggest mistakes is westernising Oroku Saki. Shredder's name in the film is now "Eric Sachs" and he's not Asian but American...

He was a Japanese-American in the original films I think, this new film does sound shit.

Thanks Louis.

I don't understand how attacking innocent people helps whatever the terrorists cause is. Surprised there isn't more coverage, saying that BBC have just put it on their site now.

I liked the sequels (and Animatrix and 'Beyond the Matrix'), it just became tedious after a while with all the Neo is Jesus references.

I liked the Animatrix, dont remember the other one though. Reloaded and Revolutions had the possibility to be great, just screwed over by shitty dialogue and OTT CGI.