IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Thanks guys for all your good wishes.  There are improvements and more importantly they are noticeable.  It is nice to be able to have a pee almost normally instead of standing for half an hour waiting for a couple of dribbles.  Can't celebrate with alcohol yet though, I have about a week's worth of antibiotics to get through before then.  

England are also brightening things up.

Change of tack but, just watching some tennis at Wimbledon and everyone has their phone out videoing stuff rather than just watching which I find a little bizarre, but the real mystery for me is (and you see it everywhere) is why do people hold their phone vertically and end up with a narrow "upright" result? Turn the bloody thing ninety degrees and you get 16:9 widescreen, makes no sense to me. If there is any advantage to it why do cinemas not show stuff in a 9:16 format? Because it's fucking stupid that's why not, another pill please matron.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/13/1027348123/plymouth-britain-mass-shooting-dead-worst-since-2010

@MikeO you ok?  i know you don't live in plymouth, but i read devon police, it might be local to you.   hope you and the fam are alright.

Thanks Mark but I'm sixty miles from Plymouth, shocking though. Worked there for a while many years back, nice little city. Used to be a fair amount of trouble in the Stonehouse area though, mostly due to it being a big naval base, but nothing like this.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was so shocked when I heard the news this morning. He was one of the good ones for sure, funny and witty and on point.

Had it been known he had cancer?

Apparently was treated for skin cancer back in 1990 but that is unlikely to have been anything to do with it 31 years on I wouldn't have thought.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Right guys I need help here, before flying out to Greece I came across a lady type woman in a Facebook group for the island in question who'd been widowed a couple of years ago and had taken her husband's ashes there; as is was/is my intention to do the same (already here with ashes so nearly a done deal). I asked her a couple of bits on the practicalities/legalities of doing it and she was very helpful.

Then after a bit of chat it transpired she lived in Devon (as I do) and that she was oing to be on on the same flight as me today, told her I was in seat A1 and to say hello. Then at the gate I hear a voice saying "Hi Mike" and turn round to see a far from unattractive woman smiling at me (with her eyes. mask on), no idea how she knew it was me. We converse briefly (as well as I can) and have another encounter a bit later while she queues for the loo (who said romance is dead?).

Then when I land I get a message saying, "Hiya x" and a friend request (which I accept). Then another message saying, "Would love to see you again maskless xx."

Having a panic attack here, not been in a situation like this since about 1977, HELP!!

Just fucking go for it, if you're OK with it like. You only live once, as I'm sure you're more than aware.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Right guys I need help here, before flying out to Greece I came across a lady type woman in a Facebook group for the island in question who'd been widowed a couple of years ago and had taken her husband's ashes there; as is was/is my intention to do the same (already here with ashes so nearly a done deal). I asked her a couple of bits on the practicalities/legalities of doing it and she was very helpful.

Then after a bit of chat it transpired she lived in Devon (as I do) and that she was oing to be on on the same flight as me today, told her I was in seat A1 and to say hello. Then at the gate I hear a voice saying "Hi Mike" and turn round to see a far from unattractive woman smiling at me (with her eyes. mask on), no idea how she knew it was me. We converse briefly (as well as I can) and have another encounter a bit later while she queues for the loo (who said romance is dead?).

Then when I land I get a message saying, "Hiya x" and a friend request (which I accept). Then another message saying, "Would love to see you again maskless xx."

Having a panic attack here, not been in a situation like this since about 1977, HELP!!

Go a long with it mate nothing ventured nothing gained, a couple of drinks and see how it goes mate she’s made the move and you’re accepting the invite so you have already passed base one and you didn’t have to ask her for drinks and get turned down that’s a result all ready. It might finish up being just friends more than not it does, but you could end up being friends with benefits and taking it further, but your never know unless you take the plunge, so give it a go what have you got to lose bar a few euros for a couple of drinks and maybe a bite to eat. 😍💋👩‍❤️‍👨 is that going to far for a first date 😀

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just woke up with a banging head.....and another message on my phone:huh:👀:D.

I think you’ve pulled mate, now post my email before you get all ga ga and lovey dovey 🥰 and we don’t get any sense out of you for awhile whilst your dick rules your brain😘

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Today is the last big step of the last 12 months. Just less than a year ago I was in A&E in Switzerland having collaped and cut my head. Since then I've left the country I love, relocated back to my old stomping ground with a new job (that's since been made permanent, that I'm loving and who appreciate me), finally got C's visa sorted and today we completed on our first house purchase. All whilst going teetotal on booze, sleeping medz and antidepressants. 

What a difference 12 months makes. 

Cracking, so happy for you.

I've recently discovered that once you hit a certain age, apparently all the health things start happening to you. Just turned 34, and I've thankfully been extremely fortunate to have had a very healthy life, with almost no exceptions.

Now within the last 3 months, I all of a sudden developed (what we think?) is sports asthma, still trying to diagnose exactly what's wrong. My acid reflux has gotten so bad that I'm having to go see a doctor, and I developed a stye in my eye due to getting a piece of sand in there playing volleyball.

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN ME ABOUT THE PERILS OF YOUR MID-30'S.

26 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I've recently discovered that once you hit a certain age, apparently all the health things start happening to you. Just turned 34, and I've thankfully been extremely fortunate to have had a very healthy life, with almost no exceptions.

Now within the last 3 months, I all of a sudden developed (what we think?) is sports asthma, still trying to diagnose exactly what's wrong. My acid reflux has gotten so bad that I'm having to go see a doctor, and I developed a stye in my eye due to getting a piece of sand in there playing volleyball.

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN ME ABOUT THE PERILS OF YOUR MID-30'S.

No sympathy here, wait until your sixties (though I was in hospial for a month with pneumonia at 33); bits start to fall off.