IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Having traveled over six million miles on business, I've stuck by two basic practices and have never become sick (except in Britain, ironically). The first is to never ever drink local water or ice or anything washed (salads, for example). The second is to follow the Indian/Hindu custom of clean and unclean hand: Eat only with my right hand, and use the left hand for other things. So, if I have to open a bathroom door and no paper is around, then left hand it is.

Just putting up new pure white roller-blind in our bedroom I (without realising it) got a small cut on the middle knuckle of my right hand....stand back to admire the quality of my work (it went up very easily) and it's covered in small blood stains :o. V angry wife now manically attacking it with Vanish while I retreat to dog house :(.

Just putting up new pure white roller-blind in our bedroom I (without realising it) got a small cut on the middle knuckle of my right hand....stand back to admire the quality of my work (it went up very easily) and it's covered in small blood stains :o. V angry wife now manically attacking it with Vanish while I retreat to dog house :(.

:lol: how dare you injure yourself! :shaking fist:

Agree; play with a shark, shark kills you (didn't happen in this case); fair enough.

Bullfighting another example. I'm on the bull's side every time.

So am I. That whole thing pisses me off. Then there's outrage when the bull kills a person and the bull is then killed for doing so. The bullfighter deserves what they get.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife announced today that she wants to spend her 50th next year in Morocco, so I've just booked flights to Marrakech. Anyone been? End Jan/early Feb so it won't be hot but I think that'll make it more interesting because there'll be less tourists about. Flights were £45 each return so a great price. Just need to find somewhere to stay now but her brother lived there a long time and knows the place well so should be pretty easy.

Wife announced today that she wants to spend her 50th next year in Morocco, so I've just booked flights to Marrakech. Anyone been? End Jan/early Feb so it won't be hot but I think that'll make it more interesting because there'll be less tourists about. Flights were £45 each return so a great price. Just need to find somewhere to stay now but her brother lived there a long time and knows the place well so should be pretty easy.

Yes, I've been to Marrakech. It's a nice place with quite a but of history (has a Jewish quarter, for example). It's famous for the Souk, a huge open square with story-tellers and lots of snake handlers. Don't get too close to the cobras because they can spit accurately. If someone taps you on the shoulder, they'll probably have a python around their neck. As I look back, I enjoyed that business trip.

The only negative was having to change planes in Casablanca. That airport was awful, and you couldn't see too far ahead because of all the cigarette smoke.

Yes, I've been to Marrakech. It's a nice place with quite a but of history (has a Jewish quarter, for example). It's famous for the Souk, a huge open square with story-tellers and lots of snake handlers. Don't get too close to the cobras because they can spit accurately. If someone taps you on the shoulder, they'll probably have a python around their neck. As I look back, I enjoyed that business trip.

The only negative was having to change planes in Casablanca. That airport was awful, and you couldn't see too far ahead because of all the cigarette smoke.

Thanks Steve, not a big snake fan I have to say but not as bad as I was, had a serious phobia; but then went to The Gambia and had a few encounters with them that eased it a lot. Much research to do but it'll be an experience I'm sure.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2016-10-30/boy-dies-after-house-fire/

Happened down the road from us last night. Alot of people on my Facebook who knew the mum and her son.

We drove past the house unintentionally on the way to a family walk, seeing the burnt out windows and the forensics tent outside was harrowing.

Ah shit, horrible.

I moved into a first floor flat in Glastonbury in 1995 and opened my front room curtains the first morning I woke up there to see a fire engine and police tape around the front of the place, was an old house converted into two flats. Turned out the old lady who lived downstairs (and who I'd said hello to briefly when I was moving in) had set fire to her nighty making breakfast, she died from her burns.

Also this is very sad, nobody died but it was a beautiful building in a great location. One of my daughters did some of her chefs training there...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-37809584

Had a couple of tree surgeons in my garden this morning; one tree in particular needed some drastic attention, others less so. Was like watching Mission Impossible with them climbing up to impossible heights with ropes and straps carrying a chain saw, brilliant. Only young guys but plainly really enjoy what they do, must be a great job; just like being a kid all your life, getting paid for climbing trees. Beats 9 to 5 in an office for sure!

Pretty bleak day but watching CNN all day today has introduced me to this commercial which appears in almost every commercial break.

- Hello?

- Hello?

- Who's this?

- This is Lebanon!

- Lebanon? Where have you been all this time?

- I'm here! I never moved! It's you who left!

- I didn't want to... but things haven't been easy.

- It has been even harder on me!

:rofl: