IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

that explains a lot. been trying to figure out what you guys meant by "dummy", we call it different things here in america. i kept seeing "spit out his dummy" in regards to a player and was like what the hell are they talking about. our english versions are vastly different. what do you guys call the baby stroller?

Buggy.

Strangely the one we had for Josh came from California, where my brother was working at the time, and it was space age compared to anything available over here back then. We kept getting stopped and asked where we got it from; was lovely answering "Los Angeles" :P.

that explains a lot. been trying to figure out what you guys meant by "dummy", we call it different things here in america. i kept seeing "spit out his dummy" in regards to a player and was like what the hell are they talking about. our english versions are vastly different. what do you guys call the baby stroller?

You must think I turned out alright then seeing as you're doing the same to your child.

Buggy, as Mike says, or pram.

mike the person who told my wife and i this is our doctor. there is no harm in a low dose of infants benedryl, which is not even close to chloroform. they take it when coughing, not sure why it's not safe other times (and again i stated 2 times a year, less risk than pushing an ipad in front of them for a few hours).

Yes and my wife is a senior staff nurse with 12 years experience working with very sick children having administered controlled drugs all her career.

Medication is not for a purpose of convenience - especially 30,000 feet up when the effects of a drug can't be predicted or treated.

An anti histimine is to treat allergic reactions - when there are no reactions to treat??? Not the right thing.

You must think I turned out alright then seeing as you're doing the same to your child.

Buggy, as Mike says, or pram.

romey my bad i wasn't saying that explains a lot due to the meds given to you, i was saying that explains a lot due to the use of "dummy". it explains a lot to me who's been clueless as to what that saying is. yes pram, never got that one, is it short for something longer?

romey my bad i wasn't saying that explains a lot due to the meds given to you, i was saying that explains a lot due to the use of "dummy". it explains a lot to me who's been clueless as to what that saying is. yes pram, never got that one, is it short for something longer?

Here you go, Mark - https://sesquiotic.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/pram/

This is incredible

NASA has released 4K footage of the sun, giving us the best look yet at the center of our solar system.

The footage comes from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which keeps watch on the sun at all times. It captures 10 different wavelengths of light, and each wavelength was assigned a unique color for this footage. At one point a wavelength represented by blue gives us a look at our sun that appears straight out of science fiction.

My wife had to make an appointment for some private heathcare stuff with a woman who works from home, so having arranged it all by phone the woman has just emailed detailed instructions of how to get to her house-and it's just seven doors down from where we used to live, so I think I should be able to find it without satnav :lol:.

thats nothing.... i'm doing this tomorrow....

http://www.zipworld.co.uk/experience-zipworld-velocity-zip-world.php

slightly nervous if i'm honest wita ya.

Looks like a blast. Personally though my favourite part of it would be the "...viewing area with picnic benches..." :).

Hope you enjoy it; if you plummet to your doom it's been nice knowing you :P.

Check in advance mate it is somewhat breezy just now.

Had a text message... you need to weigh at least 50kg due to adverse weather. At the moment I'm about double that and an extra 10kg.....

I'm having a few beers tonight and after the event.

Funny, me and my best mate were bought these as birthday presents off our wives...

Had a text message... you need to weigh at least 50kg due to adverse weather. At the moment I'm about double that and an extra 10kg.....

I'm having a few beers tonight and after the event.

Funny, me and my best mate were bought these as birthday presents off our wives...

I think they're trying to tell you something :lol:.

So it was good then Haf? 130mph is pretty impressive.

The record is 138 mph - Scott quinnell the rugby player. The heavier you are the faster... I weighed in at 115kg today.

It's surreal really, exhilarating for the first quarter mile, once the ground falls away and it's a huge drop you lose the concept of speed and that'd when you are flying at your quickest. I'd recommend it. Really well run.

I'll try and download the video.

Replace mph with kph.

Edited by Hafnia