IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Has anyone used ZenMate? It's a Chrome add on, billed as

Unblocks websites. Encrypts your browser traffic. Wifi & Hacker protection. ZenMate is free, easy to install and use!

ZenMate Security & Privacy VPN is trusted by over 4 mio. users, and won the Europas Award for Best Security/Privacy Startup of 2014. Join the world’s fastest growing VPN solution to unlock sites and enjoy advanced protection on the web!

✔ Total Security & Privacy:

Encrypts and secures all your browser traffic! ZenMate Security & Privacy VPN gives protection for you and your device whether you're at home, on the go or using public WiFi.

✔ Total Freedom:

Unlock the internet with all its sites and and hide your IP by changing your location using our VPN. Choose from 5 countries across the world!

Just been playing with it and can (for example) set my location to New York and watch NBC vids that are not normally available here. Just thought it might be useful for people abroad if they want to watch (again for example) Match of the Day on the BBC iPlayer. Now watch someone tell me it's shit and I've permanently infected my hard drive with ebola :(.

This would be a great solution. Mind you, the real answer is for the BBC to stop its ridiculous policy of blocking videos to viewers currently outside Britain. I know of no other company/site in the world that does this. Typical government-run company.

Might it be because people here are paying for the bbc through the TV license and people from other countries aren't?

But that's true of plenty of other sites around the world paid for with taxes. I can watch NPR videos from anywhere for example - not that I ever have from outside the US. Why would commercial sites paid for by local advertising be any different? Plus, even if you pay a tv license fee, you can't watch videos while traveling overseas. It's just ridiculous.

But that's true of plenty of other sites around the world paid for with taxes. I can watch NPR videos from anywhere for example - not that I ever have from outside the US. Why would commercial sites paid for by local advertising be any different? Plus, even if you pay a tv license fee, you can't watch videos while traveling overseas. It's just ridiculous.

I'm not saying it's right, or even that it makes sense, just trying to find a reason for it.

This would be a great solution. Mind you, the real answer is for the BBC to stop its ridiculous policy of blocking videos to viewers currently outside Britain. I know of no other company/site in the world that does this. Typical government-run company.

As I said in the first post, I'm refused access to NBC videos unless I change my "location" to the US, haven't researched much beyond that (though I've come across youtube music vids that are "not available in your region" in the past). So it's not just the beeb.

As I said in the first post, I'm refused access to NBC videos unless I change my "location" to the US, haven't researched much beyond that (though I've come across youtube music vids that are "not available in your region" in the past). So it's not just the beeb.

Then I stand corrected. Sorry.

When listening one evening to cricket from Australia, I could hear radio commentary from the Australian news service but was blocked from the BBC. That too seemed odd.

Has anyone used ZenMate? It's a Chrome add on, billed as

Unblocks websites. Encrypts your browser traffic. Wifi & Hacker protection. ZenMate is free, easy to install and use!

ZenMate Security & Privacy VPN is trusted by over 4 mio. users, and won the Europas Award for Best Security/Privacy Startup of 2014. Join the world’s fastest growing VPN solution to unlock sites and enjoy advanced protection on the web!

✔ Total Security & Privacy:

Encrypts and secures all your browser traffic! ZenMate Security & Privacy VPN gives protection for you and your device whether you're at home, on the go or using public WiFi.

✔ Total Freedom:

Unlock the internet with all its sites and and hide your IP by changing your location using our VPN. Choose from 5 countries across the world!

Just been playing with it and can (for example) set my location to New York and watch NBC vids that are not normally available here. Just thought it might be useful for people abroad if they want to watch (again for example) Match of the Day on the BBC iPlayer. Now watch someone tell me it's shit and I've permanently infected my hard drive with ebola :(.

I haven't, but I'll definitely be looking into it now.

Thanks for heads up.

Might it be because people here are paying for the bbc through the TV license and people from other countries aren't?

I can watch BBC TV (1,2,3,4, News) as part of my subscription in Switzerland, and was also for free in Holland.

The TV licence is a joke.