IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

One of the best Quotes in Movie History....massively underated film, incredible that it never gets the reognition -

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [laughs] Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

Its by and large a very significant political substory, so its good. I love it, my dad suprised me by saying he watched a film on the plane (to Turkey) loved it but never got the opportunity to finish it, and he got back downloaded it and talked about it for days. EVentually i worked out it was V that he was talking about. Enjoyable indeed. Recommend StevO dude!

Louis, you've committed a cardinal sin. I hate the word comic, its graphic novel ;)

Alan Moore is his name, i have all his top novels including the ones you mentioned. He also wrote the best batman graphic novel, 'The killing joke', its believed to have inspired Batman begins ;)

another great novel series is called 'The Boys', absolutely love those!

Anybody been watching "Brave new world with Stephen Hawking"? Just caught up with the latest episode that was on monday and it featured this;

http://www.masdar.ae/en/Menu/index.aspx?MenuID=48&CatID=27&mnu=Cat

Amazing when you see it:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/brave-new-world-with-stephen-hawking/4od

About 25mins in

Arguably the funniest thing i've read this year -

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/rugby-man-woke-up-gay-after-stroke

A 19-stone rugby player who suffered a stroke ditched his fiancee after claiming he woke up gay.

Chris Birch, 26, has since slimmed down to a lithe 11 stone, retrained as a hairdresser and moved in with a teenage boyfriend. He now works at J's Hair Salon in Ystrad Mynach, south Wales, after giving up his job in a bank.

The freak life-changing accident happened during a rugby training session when he attempted a back flip and broke his neck. His parents and girlfriend endured an anxious bedside vigil waiting to discover whether he would recover from the accident.

The man who eventually emerged was different in almost every way and found he hated sport and was no longer interested in women. Plans to get married and settle down were dropped as he embarked on a new life as an openly gay man.

"I was gay when I woke up and I still am," Mr Birch said, speaking from J' Hair Salon.

He has also detailed the life-changing impact of his stroke in a series of newspapers.

"It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different. I wasn't interested in women any more," he is reported as saying.

"I had never been attracted to a man before - I'd never even had any gay friends. But I didn't care about who I was before, I had to be true to my feelings.

"Suddenly I hated everything about my old life. I didn't get on with my friends, I hated sport and found my job boring.

"I started to take more pride in my appearance, bleached my hair and started working out. I went from a 19-stone skinhead to an 11-stone preened man."