IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

That run by Baines was brilliant and what a quality cross. The quality of the cross should be even more appreciated because he's not even had chance to steady himself and is slightly off balance. I love how Rodwell is gonna go for the ball but sees that Timmy's there and backs off. And what a massive leap by Cahill too, he's superhuman!

Edited by Romey 1878

• 2 weeks later...

Just walked four miles (two each way) through thick snow on sledging trip.

Crippled, probably for life, and exhausted. Think it's the impact on my dodgy back of the sledging and the walking back up the hill that killed me....it never used to be that hard :unsure: .

My wife informs me I'm not a teenager any more.....thanks for the sympathy :shaking fist: .

• 2 weeks later...

right then you crazy kids with amazing tech knowledge. My beloved Creative Zen M 60 gigglybites mp3 player is finally starting to show its age after 4 years of near constant use. It works fine as an ExHDD but its crashing more and more when using, for example if rewinding through a track etc.

So.... My question to you is what do I replace it with. 1 thing we can count out straight off is anything by apple, iPods are just plain crap. I dont know if I should reward Creative for such a trusty piece of equipment or go with something even more fancy. Ive looked at the Archos 5 but there customer service is apparently rubbish and its prone to crashing a lot, so is there anything out there in the region of 60+ gigglybites that is a good, universal mp3 player?

Edited by Matt

Also, for 200 quid, there must be something that offers the same and more?

I haven't really looked tbh Matt, I just fancied staying with Creative coz I love my Zen. If you find something better for a similar price and storage (64GB) then let me know coz I'm gonna need to get one very soon.

I haven't really looked tbh Matt, I just fancied staying with Creative coz I love my Zen. If you find something better for a similar price and storage (64GB) then let me know coz I'm gonna need to get one very soon.

same reason im thinking of getting another Zen, cant find anything out there thats not iPoo that come close!

same reason im thinking of getting another Zen, cant find anything out there thats not iPoo that come close!

I've been VERY tempted by the iPod touch and was seriously considering getting the 64GB version of that, but then someone pointed me in the direction of that X-Fi and there's the best part of £100 difference in the price!

I've been VERY tempted by the iPod touch and was seriously considering getting the 64GB version of that, but then someone pointed me in the direction of that X-Fi and there's the best part of £100 difference in the price!

100 quids is a lot o money. I just hate iTunes etc and the complete lack of freedom using anything Apple. Think ive made my mind up on this, looking through more reviews people are complaining about the touchscreen being not very responsive and that you have to be quite heavy handed with it (ideal for me!) and sometimes a little slow waiting for menu's (apparently 1 second is something worth whining about...). Anyway, will see if the wife agrees to it, since ive just spent 300 quid on another amazon spree!

Why does it have to be 64gb?

Can you not just get a 32gb sd hc card for your phone or something?

Has to be 64gb because ive already got 55gb on this! I use it for recording music, saving pictures, watching stuff on planes etc. Memory disappears quickly with video in my experience and since i use it as an external HDD too for work stuff its quite handy to have the extra memory.

My phone is a company phone so not that big on spending money on it. I would love an android phone, like the HTC etc, but theyre just too expensive without a contract.

Edited by Matt

Why does it have to be 64gb?

Can you not just get a 32gb sd hc card for your phone or something?

Because the Zen I have is 30GB, I want something bigger.

And I just want my phone to be a phone, and have an mp3 player for my music.

100 quids is a lot o money. I just hate iTunes etc and the complete lack of freedom using anything Apple. Think ive made my mind up on this, looking through more reviews people are complaining about the touchscreen being not very responsive and that you have to be quite heavy handed with it (ideal for me!) and sometimes a little slow waiting for menu's (apparently 1 second is something worth whining about...). Anyway, will see if the wife agrees to it, since ive just spent 300 quid on another amazon spree!

So you're gonna get it if the wife agrees then?

So you're gonna get it if the wife agrees then?

Think so mate. Will let you know if i do. Cant find the damn thing on amazon though, they only go up to 32gb and like ive said, thats not even close enough for me. Amazon has some other nice stuff for it though, protection cases etc. Going to need it pretty damn quick too, my current one is refusing to rebuild after the latest crash :( just hope i can still use it as an exHDD so i can get all my stuff off it!

Think so mate. Will let you know if i do. Cant find the damn thing on amazon though, they only go up to 32gb and like ive said, thats not even close enough for me. Amazon has some other nice stuff for it though, protection cases etc. Going to need it pretty damn quick too, my current one is refusing to rebuild after the latest crash :( just hope i can still use it as an exHDD so i can get all my stuff off it!

Can't you just buy it from the link I posted? That's what I'm gonna do.

Can't you just buy it from the link I posted? That's what I'm gonna do.

probably can but i like buying through Amazon, never had a problem with them and only heard A+ customer service reviews. Plus, their returns policy is very simple, so ive read. Still getting some weird reviews on this thing though, just found a new one that says its limited to 8000 songs despite how much memory you have :blink:

That's very strange :unsure:.

64GB

Up to 8,000 WMAs/ 532hrs (Approx. 4mins per song at 256kbps WMA)

Up to 8,000 MP3/ 532hrs (Approx. 4mins per song at 256kbps MP3)

Up to 8,000 AAC/ 532hrs (Approx. 4mins per song at 256kbps AAC

from the link you sent, on the spec's tab. Apparently able to store more but you wont be able to use them. Its to make the sound quality better.... Still, just checked my existing Zen M and its got 9000 tracks on, pretty sure 1/3 of that is crap so maybe possible to get away with. Stupid limitation though....

just ordered the 64gb one from amazon.com, for some reason the US ships it but amazon.co.uk doesnt.... aaaanyway, treated myself to this little cover too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002XNEG3Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Should get the player tomorrow with overnight shipping then will have a whole 2 flights to check it out, will keep you up to date dude. 550 quid spent in 2 days on amazon, i really hope that bonus comes in!

right, got it in and used it for a day. The menu is slow and a little frustrating, the touchscreen is.... ok (but im heavy handed so suits me nicely) and theres no charger plug included! blink.gif Buuuut, the battery lasts an age and its very, very good quality sound. Its a 3.5 out of 5, Creative shouldve done much better for the money though and this song limit makes me think that if you only want it for playing music, id look at the 32gb and just filtering through your library. All that being said though, i kinda like it. Oh, and the case is class!

Edited by Matt

Cheers.

I already knew you had to buy a mains plug charger for it, had to do the same thing with my Zen too.

I dunno if I'll get it tbh, I might just get the 64GB iPod Touch coz I've got around £50 of vouchers to spend on Amazon.

ok but careful with apples software, its a bitch to use (in my opinion). Also, im pretty sure it will convert all your files to ipoo files meaning you cant swap and share.

ok but careful with apples software, its a bitch to use (in my opinion). Also, im pretty sure it will convert all your files to ipoo files meaning you cant swap and share.

Most people have got iPods anyway so I should be able to swap music with people more tbh, coz atm I can give people music but get nothing in return!

Most people have got iPods anyway so I should be able to swap music with people more tbh, coz atm I can give people music but get nothing in return!

id still steer clear, the Zen isnt fantastic but its much much more flexible. Have a look into the Microsoft one, thats getting reasonable reviews too....