IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Ten by name, ten by nature, i'll try aha.

Sidenote: Marco is your real name Paul? if so, are you going to follow suit with Spidey n Grags? People abandoning their allias, tut tut lol

i still like the Spidey alias, hence the avatar and sig! Matt seemed easier to type, thats the only reason i changed :)

My employer has blocked ToffeeTalk.com at work <_< .. (well any website that isn't jobrelated).

i'd go insane if they blocked this place! They did it to facebook and youtube a coupleof years ago because the amount of users loggin on kept knocking out the network!

i dont get twitter....

I LOVE twitter.

I don't tweet myself but I use it to follow people that I share an interest with..

for example Neil Degrasse Tyson and Sean M Carroll tweet regularly about science (physics) (mostly posting links of interesting articles that I would never have found myself) .. Dawkins has a twitter account aswell, but I don't follow him.

Also follow some of my favorite sports writers who tweet links to articles they found interesting or have an interesting observation.

Follow some comedians ..

etc.

It's a misconception that people only use it to tell the world they just had a sandwich or whatever..

I LOVE twitter.

I don't tweet myself but I use it to follow people that I share an interest with..

for example Neil Degrasse Tyson and Sean M Carroll tweet regularly about science (physics) (mostly posting links of interesting articles that I would never have found myself) .. Dawkins has a twitter account aswell, but I don't follow him.

Also follow some of my favorite sports writers who tweet links to articles they found interesting or have an interesting observation.

Follow some comedians ..

etc.

It's a misconception that people only use it to tell the world they just had a sandwich or whatever..

yeah that's what facebook is for :lol:

So how does it actually work then?

I'm guessing that if you're "following" someone then their tweets appear on your home page and vice-versa if they're following you, but what happens to a tweet made in reply to someone (who you may or may not be following)? Does it appear on their page/your page?

I don't understand the intricacies.

So how does it actually work then?

I'm guessing that if you're "following" someone then their tweets appear on your home page and vice-versa if they're following you, but what happens to a tweet made in reply to someone (who you may or may not be following)? Does it appear on their page/your page?

I don't understand the intricacies.

If you tweet something it will appear on the "home" page of all your followers and on your own "home" page. I'm not totally sure what happens if you reply to someone. I do know that if someone replies to a tweet, that tweet doesn't appear on the "home" page of all his followers... presumably it appears only on the "home" page of the person who the reply is meant for. But as I said, I don't tweet, I just follow.