IGNORED

Alan Smith £1.75mil

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think theres no way we can go after Smith, we already have VDM and Saha, and theres also talk of Michael Johnson, :o:o

Christ, if we go after these players we shall have more players in the Treatment room than we have on the pitch.

No thanks to any of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this again rumours floating about again today. I know everyone is against it but I wouldn't mind him. Everyone is making a big deal of him not scoring for newcastle but I have a friend who is a newcastle season ticket holder and he says they have played him as a winger, midfielder and second striker, but not as a striker. If anyone can get him back to his best, its Moyes

I sincerely hope not, was a decent player at Leeds but 3/ 4 years of mediocrity and low mediocrity at that. I think that smacks of desperation and that is something we don't need to show any more. Certainly a lot better players out there plus another high risk yellow card player, nope not for me.

Jeez where have you been...? Was expecting to see the Smithy love when we were first linked with him... :P

messenger pigeon's been slacking, did nay get the agenda until recently...but believe me as soon as i heard i was bang straight on here tose what you'd all been saying about this sexy monster of a player.

to who said in our dressing room as if he was a bad influence? what? why? i could understand if you didn't rate him that highly as a player but i think he'd be good in the dressing room there's very few players left in the game that play with the passion that he does. he'll give 110% every game, whether you rate him or not that won't change.

sign him up so i can get him on my shirt, i've waited fucking years for it...come on finally can we sign him and stop destroying what's left of my heart.

question his ability after the last couple of years. but to question his attitude in the dressing room is a bit harsh. i think when the united squad won the title wearing shirts with "for you smudge" showed a bit of an insight as to how his team mates see him

• 3 months later...

Good signing at £3 million ;)

He hasn't scored for Newcastle since he left Manchester United but could well find his form at Everton. A partnership with Yakubu sounds good and I'm sure that when he gets the first goal it won't be the last. As money goes these days £3,000,000 is a steal considering that Newcastle paid double that for his originally. He'll be similar to Owen too and want to break into Capello's 2010 WC National Team.

The only problem is that in total Smith has been sent off 7 times in the Premier League and has committed 423 fouls in the competition since 2002-03, therefore being the second most prolific fouler in the league behind Kevin Davies..seems that he needs to be tamed.

Not bad IMO :)

Edited by dark